Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Correct. The club is like Liverpool was in the 90's - too much looking backwards and a lot of fans still take that view.

The idea that you keep a failing manager on because you can't guarantee that the next man in will be an unmitigated success is insane.

There are, at any time, numerous managers who could be the next elite managers, and one or two of them will be. A well run footballing structure (which we now have - "best in class" supposedly), should be able to identify them. It's no different from picking ETH from Ajax. Obviously there are no guarantees the man picked will succeed. If he doesn't, you move him on. The game has changed and managers will rarely stay on for a decade anymore. Stability comes from structure around the club - not the manager. Well run clubs can change a manager every few years and still succeed.

The game hasn't even changed, in all eras managers staying beyond 4 or 5 seasons is a rarity. People base that view on the exceptions, not the norm.

Edit: Also longevity is the product of success not the other way around, it's an other fallacy that people follow when it comes to United.

The game hasn't even changed, in all eras managers staying beyond 4 or 5 seasons is a rarity. People base that view on the exceptions, not the norm.

Edit: Also longevity is the product of success not the other way around, it's an other fallacy that people follow when it comes to United.

Yes, totally agree - the idea that if you just give it more time, it'll eventually come good is madness. Sir Alex didn't succeed because he was given time, he did so because he was very good at what he did.

ETH is miles out of his depth and it's been obvious for the last 12 months. Huge mistake by INEOS not getting rid in the summer when most people could see exactly how this was going to pan out.

The bolded part is hyperbole. It was as bad during the dying embers of Solskjaer and Jose, and under Moyes. I can't remember LvG's terror because I don't do self-harm.

Last season could, and probably should, be attributed to injuries. This is forgotten about faster than the fact we won a trophy last season, beating Klopp and Pep en route.
No, it was never consistently this bad, never for such a long period of time. Not even close.

And no, last season should not be attributed to injuries. It can if you want to bury your head in the sand, otherwise no.

Ten Hag FC are such an odd bunch, and I’ll never understand why they are so behind such an inept manager. It’s like arguing with flat earth’ers.
The cup wins are probably 2 of the most fortunate trophies in United’s history. We should never have been anywhere near the FA cup final. Yes, celebrating both were amazing but the latter was definitely tinged with the inevitable keeping him on, which I was dead against along with many, many others.
His latest delusional statement about lack of a LB (we all acknowledge we are short here) shows how inept he is setting up a team. It’s clear that Dalot is not a LB but we still try the same stuff, week in, week out, and have the same consequences. If ETH really is such an amazing tactician as we are been told on a daily basis, how can he not address this? Is ETH too tactical and the players are too stupid to remember and implement them?
Given my priorities as a United fan have always been League, Europe then domestic cups, to see his goal of been a cup team, then I don’t see any metric in which I feel he should remain, even if we smash Villa tomorrow. He’s comfortably, and by a long way comfortably, the worst manager in 30/40 years and is so arrogant, he is disliked on a level I’ve never comprehended until recently.
He needs to feck off and take his utterly attriticous signings with him. Long will he be remembered as the manager who made us a mid table team having made the team weaker.

Ten Hag FC are such an odd bunch, and I’ll never understand why they are so behind such an inept manager. It’s like arguing with flat earth’ers.
The cup wins are probably 2 of the most fortunate trophies in United’s history. We should never have been anywhere near the FA cup final. Yes, celebrating both were amazing but the latter was definitely tinged with the inevitable keeping him on, which I was dead against along with many, many others.
His latest delusional statement about lack of a LB (we all acknowledge we are short here) shows how inept he is setting up a team. It’s clear that Dalot is not a LB but we still try the same stuff, week in, week out, and have the same consequences. If ETH really is such an amazing tactician as we are been told on a daily basis, how can he not address this? Is ETH too tactical and the players are too stupid to remember and implement them?
Given my priorities as a United fan have always been League, Europe then domestic cups, to see his goal of been a cup team, then I don’t see any metric in which I feel he should remain, even if we smash Villa tomorrow. He’s comfortably, and by a long way comfortably, the worst manager in 30/40 years and is so arrogant, he is disliked on a level I’ve never comprehended until recently.
He needs to feck off and take his utterly attriticous signings with him. Long will he be remembered as the manager who made us a mid table team having made the team weaker.
The worst part is him and his fans gloating about cup trophies and yet he has an absolutely abysmal record in Europe for us. 1 win in 10! Even that one win was a last minute penalty save. And yet he has the nerve to use these cups to big himself up and insinuate last season was a succes.

I can only hope INEOS are setting up his replacement behind the scenes. He’s an unequivocal failure on so many levels it’s almost unbelievable. LVG won us the cup too but I don’t see any of his acolytes hanging around. Why does Ten Hag have such a cult behind him? He’s turned us in to a calamity of a football team and he’ll never get us back to the top, not if we give him another 2 years, 5 years, 10 years. Never going to happen. It’s long past time to move on, it’s just failure after failure with this guy. The league cup is a mediocre trophy, and the FA Cup win was spawny as all hell if we’re being honest, and frankly we were a gnat’s todger away from Cov City knocking us out anyway. And yeah that cup final win was great, despite Man City turning up hungover. So thanks for that, but it’s hard to take watching this team anymore. I’m not a Manchester local, but I’m up at OT every game making a 2hr journey to watch feck all happen. I’m paying my dues at this point, but it’s got to get better than this. It’s fecking awful football, the worst I’ve ever seen. Time to move on.

Oh wow had no idea what you were on about so googled it, yeah my apologies that's terrible. It was just 2 managers that came into my head that were kicking about 20 or so years ago
I wouldn't worry about it, it was an honest mistake. @Stobzilla once pointed out to me that my joke about Puff Daddy running a nursery called Puff Daddy Day Care was inappropriate because, as we all know, he changed his name to P Diddy. Talk about me having egg on my face.

Why sell Alverez a youth LB as well, when our two recognised LBs were both long term injured? Why talk up Amass another youth LB, then not even give him a try, yet give a young CM, Collyer, an half at it? TH is so deluded, you can actually believe, he believes his own tripe he spouts at the end of games.

After tomorrow’s game we will list likely be 11 points off Liverpool having played 7 games. 7 games in which Liverpool were the only real top side. We have been a disaster in every measurable way this season and he is only a LB from a full squad. He’s incompetence is beyond a joke right now.
As a fan base we’ve never protested against a manager, but if he is still in place for Brentford then we need to address this. Clapping and cheering this failure is only compounding the misery of fans and deterioration of our once great club.

I don’t think there is a vocal Ten Hag FC anymore, on here anyway.

There is only one poster left who is only half heartedly in favour of him.

It is nearly a comprehensive ‘sack’ from Red Cafe.

There is still a few floating about on X and Reddit.

We're 11 points off the top albeit a game played less but absolutely criminal. Sack him tomorrow regardless of the result

So after 6 PL games.. we’re:

11 points behind Liverpool with -14 worse goal difference

Wow

Bald Dutch United manager in job for 28 months spending over £600m on a lot of his old players
Bald Dutch Liverpool manager in job for 3 months spending (checks notes) £10m on Chiesa

One might be 11 points and 14+ gd behind the other 7 games into the season...

Oh no wait, I'm probably missing some Arteta factor that explains why this is acceptable and not indicative of Hag being a clueless, ridiculous, hairless fraud.

The worst part is him and his fans gloating about cup trophies and yet he has an absolutely abysmal record in Europe for us. 1 win in 10! Even that one win was a last minute penalty save. And yet he has the nerve to use these cups to big himself up and insinuate last season was a succes.
And to be fair, while the league cup win was great at the time, Fergie barely considered it a trophy. To be harping On about it 2 seasons later is rather embarrassing

Bald Dutch United manager in job for 28 months spending over £600m on a lot of his old players
Bald Dutch Liverpool manager in job for 3 months spending (checks notes) £10m on Chiesa

Oh no wait, I'm probably missing some Arteta factor that explains why this is acceptable and not indicative of Hag being a clueless, ridiculous, hairless fraud.
Liverpool objectively have a far better squad than us that’s largely been settled for years under Klopp, with 3-4 world class players and no real weaknesses in any position.

I’m as much for “ten Hag has done an awful job” as anyone but it’s a pointless comparison.

So after 6 PL games.. we’re:

11 points behind Liverpool with -14 worse goal difference

Wow
Not really a fair statistic is it considering we have a game in hand on Liverpool?

It’s likely to be 11 points and -17 goal difference

ETH undoubtedly has to go but comparing him to Slot right now is dumb. ETH in his first season finished 3rd and won a cup, let’s see where Liverpool are come the end of the season. The way the wheels have fallen off under ETH since that first season should tell you it’s far too early for people to be declaring Slot as the next Klopp. Thats not aimed at you just a general observation, sick of people piping that cnut off before they’ve even started playing serious teams.

ETH undoubtedly has to go but comparing him to Slot right now is dumb. ETH in his first season finished 3rd and won a cup, let’s see where Liverpool are come the end of the season. The way the wheels have fallen off under ETH since that first season should tell you it’s far too early for people to be declaring Slot as the next Klopp. Thats not aimed at you just a general observation, sick of people piping that cnut off before they’ve even started playing serious teams.

He has been impressive against weak opposition, I will say that much. But it’s far too early and he might be another dud soon enough. If I had to guess, I’d say he will never be another Klopp. More likely to be sacked this season or the next one imo.

Liverpool objectively have a far better squad than us that’s largely been settled for years under Klopp, with 3-4 world class players and no real weaknesses in any position.

I’m as much for “ten Hag has done an awful job” as anyone but it’s a pointless comparison.
Liverpool don't have 3-4 world class players. Only two, van Dijk and Salah but they are getting old. But to be fair the "average quality" of their squad is a lot higher if you know what i mean. Having said that, for this you can easily blame ten Hag, who brought lots of awful players to the club just because they are dutch, or saw them playing in Holland or they were former Ajax players like that totally clueless Antony. However the comparison is still pointless as Slot spent only a few months in Liverpool.

He has been impressive against weak opposition, I will say that much. But it’s far too early and he might be another dud soon enough. If I had to guess, I’d say he will never be another Klopp. More likely to be sacked this season or the next one imo.

Aye they’ve put away the teams put in front of them I’ll give them that, even if they aren’t the strongest opposition. That said Slot’s also inherited a far more potent attack and has a genuine world class forward in Salah. I also think he’ll be exposed before long, let’s see how they fare against the likes of City, Arsenal etc this season.

Liverpool don't have 3-4 world class players. Only two, van Dijk and Salah but they are getting old. But to be fair the "average quality" of their squad is a lot higher if you know what i mean. Having said that, for this you can easily blame ten Hag, who brought lots of awful players to the club just because they are dutch, or saw them playing in Holland or they were former Ajax players like that totally clueless Antony. However the comparison is still pointless as Slot spent only a few months in Liverpool.
Alisson is obviously world class as well.

Allison is clearly world class and I don’t think the likes of Diaz and (controversial, but when used correctly) TAA are far off either.

Last edited:
Pace
Power
Penetration
Unpredictability

Every training session should instill that in the side.

Wow, we have fallen so far.
That’s a hard video to watch. Big Sam comes across as an old man searching for words and his points are basic.
Rene as per usual comes across tactically very well but up his own arse “I did this”, “I told David Gill this” etc

What's nonsense is advocating changing regardless of who you are replacing him with. The idea that literally anybody could do better is naive at best.

Wanting to keep a manager is not the same as waiting to see who will replace him before you sack him, is not the same thing.

Replacing a failing manager with someone potentially worse is not what you'd call a clever strategy.

If there was a standout candidate willing to come in the summer he'd already be gone.

Every single candidate is ‘potentially’ worse because we can’t see in to the future. But they are also potentially better. The only thing we know for sure is that Ten Hag is not good enough and it should not be beyond Ineos to find someone that has a good chance of getting us playing better.

Yeah, so let's just ignore that our first goal which changed everything came from a hilarious mistake that happens once in 50 games.

It was a lucky win in sense that playing like that we win it 3 out of 10 times at most. We did what we had to do but let's not kid ourselves. We had, what, 25% possesion? FA cup win on the whole was extremely lucky. From the luck of the draw to that Coventry game.
Do you wanna ignore the second goal or the fact that we cut through them with a good move that resulted in an offside goal? Or how about Onana's silly mistake that let them back in it? We won that game because we attacked really well in the first half and defended well in the second half. Not a single pundit said we were 'lucky' to win that day. City deserved nothing from that game.

You can want EtH out all you want, and I think he cannot complain about getting sacked because it's been terrible, but we don't have to revise stuff and say he was purely lucky to beat CIty in the cup final. It was a good performance and every United fan should have been proud of that.

I don't know how he's still here. Lvg won a FA cup and played imo some better football than Eth. They sacked him to bring Jose in . Maybe there isn't a guy who wants the job have people thought of that?. I'd take a guy who go nothing to lose as a Manager a guy who goes there won feck all no reputation to be dragged through the mud.. feck it I'd rather that than thus guy now all for giving him a fair crack , that's totally gone with me now sooner he goes the better, because I can't see how he can turn it around , where can he do it, how can he fix it Were Were Were does he think it can be fixed..

Do you wanna ignore the second goal or the fact that we cut through them with a good move that resulted in an offside goal? Or how about Onana's silly mistake that let them back in it? We won that game because we attacked really well in the first half and defended well in the second half. Not a single pundit said we were 'lucky' to win that day. City deserved nothing from that game.

You can want EtH out all you want, and I think he cannot complain about getting sacked because it's been terrible, but we don't have to revise stuff and say he was purely lucky to beat CIty in the cup final. It was a good performance and every United fan should have been proud of that.
Agreed. We were the better team in the final and deserved the win. The Liverpool match in the Quarters was also quite good. People tend to go on about the period during the game that they were utterly dominant, but that was only for 40 of the 120 minutes the match went for (from about the 35th minute to the 75th). For the other 80 minutes we were the better team, albeit by nowhere near as much as they were in their dominant period. Overall it could easily have gone either way and the losing team couldn't really complain about it.

On the flip side, the Coventry match in between them was one of the most embarrassing matches, with ETH being completely outmanaged in terms of in-game decisions by someone who had never managed above the Championship level. We dominated the first half when they sat back and were scared of us, then they changed their tactics at halftime and were the better team for most of the second half and extra time.

Last edited:
Agreed. We were the better team in the final and deserved the win. The Liverpool match in the Quarters was also quite good. People tend to go on about the period during the game that they were utterly dominant, but that was only for 40 of the 120 minutes the match went for (from about the 35th minute to the 75th). For the other 80 minutes we were the better team, albeit by nowhere near as much as they were in their dominant period. Overall it could easily have gone either way and the losing team couldn't really complain about it.

On the flip side, the Coventry match in between them was one of the most embarrassing matches, with ETH being completely outmanaged in terms of in-game decisions by someone who had never managed above the Championship level. We dominated the first half, then they changed their tactics at halftime and were the better team for most of the second half and extra time.
Exactly. The FA Cup final win was not fecking lucky. We actually managed to dominate City. It was a great performance, especially in the first half.

ETH tweaked the set up, with the players input , and we played to our strengths against City in , comfortably, our best overall performance of that season.
ETH seems to have learnt little from that game though.
Annoyingly.

ETH tweaked the set up, with the players input , and we played to our strengths against City in , comfortably, our best overall performance of that season.
ETH seems to have learnt little from that game though.
Annoyingly.
Exactly. Why can’t he just play like that in every match? He’s shown that he can adapt when he wants to. It’s infuriating.

No, you're missing the point. Without proper thought and a good candidate it could be an utter disaster. The fact were really only had two successful managers shows it's not an easy role to fill.

This club is a monster, it flattens players and managers. It's not a matter of just get anybody in.

I'm not sure I am mate we're discussing replacing Ten Hag that isn't nearly as difficult as replacing Alex Ferguson. No one is saying just get anybody in but going out and getting the best available circa October 2024 is probably going to be an improvement on what we currently have which let's be honest is awful. Ten Hag is a good manager but he's obviously a bad fit for the Premier League and Manchester United. Some managers have teams punching above the talent available to them. Ten Hag over the last 18 months has us punching below our weight, virtually in relelgation form. We can't allow that to continue just because there isn't an ideal/good candidate available currently. You never know how someone will perform until they're actually in the job so I'm not sure there's even such a thing as an ideal candidate. Pretty much every managerial appointment is a roll of the dice.

No, you're missing the point. Without proper thought and a good candidate it could be an utter disaster. The fact were really only had two successful managers shows it's not an easy role to fill.

This club is a monster, it flattens players and managers. It's not a matter of just get anybody in.
This. We need to get this appointment right. It’s a crucial decision.

On the flip side, the Coventry match in between them was one of the most embarrassing matches, with ETH being completely outmanaged in terms of in-game decisions by someone who had never managed above the Championship level. We dominated the first half, then they changed their tactics at halftime and were the better team for most of the second half and extra time.
the crazy thing about the Coventry game was how we went from complete control to just collapsing and not really full recovering. looked out of ideas and hanging on in extra time.

Exactly. Why can’t he just play like that in every match? He’s shown that he can adapt when he wants to. It’s infuriating.
Because he's a stubborn and egotistical boob. His job and a trophy was on the line though so his had to give in-in some way.

Last edited: