Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Time for the silly fun to end. This is game over for Ten Hag. Chelsea have quickly moved on. We have stood beside Ten Hag with little to no evidence that he is the right guy

Well so far from the Ten Hag in crowd we’ve seen “injuries, rebuild, squad not good enough, system needs to click, xg, there’s no other good managers, we just need to finish our chances, Chelsea haven’t sorted all their issues out”.

Yet to see any actual reasons rather than excuses yet though.
Its not that, it's less that I don't have a huge amount of faith in the caretakers.

Its monumentally insane to think a manager who can't potentially go 4 wins 2 draws and 1 loss in the next 7 post Liverpool, to be any less capable than a caretaker coach.

If we had Ancelotti on the market or similar I'd have sacked him months ago.

If he's as bad as you say he is he wouldn't beat villa AND Porto. So whats the problem.

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

We can’t afford to drift through the season like this

Poor start to the season on the back of a poor previous campaign he should be gone

I've supported ETH till today. The reason being; we've had so many managers fail, for so long. Its got to be a deeper problem at the club. But I found myself feeling as I did during OGS reign today for the first time - thinking "well we might as well get this over as quick as possible so we can move forward". That means, for me, its time. Its time to pull the plug.
Here’s the thing, it doesn’t, it can just be the managers aren’t good enough

Proof that last seasons performance wasn't an outlier due to injuries, it was just the consequence of having a rubbish manager.

Last season was never due to injuries, that was just ETH's real level as a manager at this level. It was just a convenient excuse that could be used for the entire season.

Feels weird to have this sort of bleak feeling so early in the season. ETH has definitely lasted more than he should have. This is like if Ole got a 4th season or van gaal got a 3rd

He will blame the red card and ignoring the fact that Spurs outplayed us prior to the incident. His sacking is the only news I am looking forward to tomorrow.

Like shooting fish in a barrel.
Do you have an actual point to make?

Which manager can do better than that potential record in 7 games?

Is your answer I don't know but feck it? If so good we should have you in charge. You'd do wonders.

So how many times do we think he'll mention that he's won two Cups in the post match Presser?

I don’t like to pick out a single player to blame. I just want to say the change of captain to Bruno is a really poor decision. It’s not based on the red card today but I saw enough during many games, his behavior to young players, such as Amad is not the best way to help them and the team.

If he doesn't go tonight I really don't know how this football club can even begin to be fixed. A fluky cup run papered over an abject failure of a season last year and we're sleepwalking our way to a repeat of that this season. It will probably get even worse.

There needs to be a review of the review that kept him in the job at the end of last season. Outrageous decision.

There has to be rhyme or reason to standing behind a manger. After Sir Alex’s speech about doing so we seem to adhere to it blindly, in spite of all evidence to the contrary. Every time we sacked a manager post Sir Alex it has been far to late and it has allow them to do too much damage

If or more likely when we move him on and the likes of Neville keep asking how many more are we going to sack?. The answer is simple however many it takes until you get one capable of doing the job.

We are just keeping men in the job that are blatantly unsuitable because of some misguided sense of moral superiority. Or possibly the fact it took several years for Sir Alex…ergo if we wait long enough they will miraculously become a perfect match like he did.

Its not that, it's less that I don't have a huge amount of faith in the caretakers.

Its monumentally insane to think a manager who can't potentially go 4 wins 2 draws and 1 loss in the next 7 post Liverpool, to be any less capable than a caretaker coach.

If we had Ancelotti on the market or similar I'd have sacked him months ago.

If he's as bad as you say he is he wouldn't beat villa AND Porto. So whats the problem.

His tenure shouldn't rest on Porto and Villa games. There's enough reason to get rid of this man last season.

Prolonging the inevitable seems utterly pointless. Might as well write off another season

For the love of God just sack this fraud manager. It's painfully obvious that we lack any clear identity on the field. There's no recognizable pattern of play, questionable tactics, poor substitutions, and an overreliance on players like Bruno, Rashford regardless of their form.
It's becoming clearer by the day that he's not capable of taking this team forward. If he isn't sacked after tonight's performance, it will only reinforce the notion that INEOS is just as incompetent as the Glazers.

In terms of getting the most of out of his team or creating a system to accommodate for his teams strengths and weaknesses, there can't be may worst in teh league. We do nothing well.

Barely beating Fulham, trashed by Liverpool, lost to Brighton, beat Southampton who just got promoted, draw against Crystal Palace and trashed by Spurs. I don't think we are heading in the right direction with this clueless manager. Dalot is not a left back, I rather put Amos who can overlap then a idiot who keeps giving the ball away. What has Rashford and Bruno done to be undroppable? 2 unproven young strikers to lead the front. I put this on Ineos for keeping ETH. Why??? Why on earth would you keep a clueless manager?

I respect United for not sacking managers too quickly. But for feck's sake sack the poor sod.

Nah we should give him two more games to turn it around before the inevitable shite football returns for .. reasons

Not fair to judge him until Malacia is back. The poor guy just can't be expected to get half competent performances until he has all his signings at his disposal.

Once he's back in the squad we'll finally have have a defence that's capable of defending cut backs, a midfield that can usually be found, y' know, somewhere close to the middle of the pitch, wingers that are capable of dribbling and passing(and perhaps sometimes both in the same match) and strikers that look like they've previously scored a goal before.

It's time to go. I defended him last season due to the number of injuries, but I can not defend this, I'm sorry. Full squad and not a hint of resembles of team cohesion, pattern of play, or aggressiveness.

Always stood by him but this is a step too far

Probably the biggest criticism for ETH will be that he wont be remembered for any kind of style.
Ole had Oleball, Mourinho had his philosphy, LVG was dull but effective at times.
ETH has just been nothing unfortunately - the only pattern of play we have is being incredibly easy to pass through

There's feck all to remember him by. To be clear, I don't remember Jose or LVG fondly for the trophies they won either, so I won't be thinking of ETH in that regard. In terms of what he's actually brought, there's nothing to remember. The performance against Barcelona maybe? Though that was still due to Rashford being in the form of his life and Fred having one of his really good games. He's been a nothing manager for most of his time here. No good attacking play, no defensive solidity, no mouth watering midfield play, absolutely nothing.