Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Another season wasted because of bad decisions off the pitch. How could you watch United last season every single week and think he was the right man for the job?
This was so predictable when everybody turncoated over one game. I can’t believe how naive people were.

If they bin him now the board are going to look like idiots. It will become obvious he should have gone after last years stink show, and not have stayed and been given a load more money to spend on Ducth league players. Whoever comes in will have missed a transfer window and been without a pre season. He is absolutely not going anywhere.

He'll now win some mickey mouse cup and everyone would want us to stick to him

I tnink one more week and this nightmare will be over. He'll survive this one, but our next two games are certain loses. Then there's two-week break for international games so it's a perfect moment to get rid of this fecker

It's mad how we do this to every manager. They aren't terrible until the join united. Same with the players. But unfortunately it's time to try a different direction this is going nowhere. Been three years of meh.

We don't do this to managers, the managers do this to us. Theirs no magic, its just bad decisions. ETH was good at Ajax, but it was Ajax in the dutch league. A league with much lower quality than the EPL. It was always a risk. Our job as a club was to monitor him and watch to see if he had the quality to actually match the standard we were looking for, which is what any big club who isn't hiring Guardiola or Klopp does. Instead we did what we always do, we crown the manager as a messiah and give them the free will to do any and everything they want to do without question. They ALWAYS have a slow start, yet we ALWAYS end up holding their hand and trying to will them to success. They always have a small spell of good football, which then convinces fans that they will be able to replicate it over the course of a season. It never happens.

The reason we fall for this trap is because our fans don't watch or monitor other teams. Other teams sack managers and monitor their performance. United fans instead blame players and ALWAYS push for a rebuild. Regardless of how average a United team is, they should always be able to play well against teams that they are better than. They don't ever show this, so fans lean and stick to blind faith. Things inevitably don't change and the situation has to get so bad that seasons are completely ruined. This "back the manager" culture is our problem. It breeds arrogance and wastes time. Spurs do not have better players than us and I bet if you swapped xi's, we would be destroying Spurs. Blame Rashford, Bruno and anyone, but the fact is, the tactics are leaving our players badly exposed.

McKenna was my choice once Nagelsmann wasn’t happening.

Think Motta had already taken the Juve job by the time we were looking.
I saw some vague links to him after INEOS joined. We should have started sounding out managers much before the season ended rather than dallying on the decision till we did. It was pretty obvious that ETH wasn't the answer. We won the FA cup and INEOS pussied out of making their first tough decision.

He was in some ways lucky with Bruno’s red card here because it basically renders this game non existent and we cannot judge him for this either. Probably extends his time here.
So the first 42 minutes where we was dominated won’t make a difference?

You'll enjoy the high of the first half against Palace (with zero goals), and that'll be enough you greedy fecker.

Oh yes it was amazing mate, sure we didn't actually score but based on those ineffective 45 minutes against a shite side things are looking very promising. Or so I've heard.

So the first 42 minutes where we was dominated won’t make a difference?
I mean, the whole of last season and a 0-3 humiliation this season made no difference the moment we played well for 3 games against bad teams.

Can you stop deflecting?

You have been defiant in your backing of EtH, so it is only natural to ask the most vocal backer if he or she is still behind the manager.

What is your opinion on the game?
Do you like how the team is playing?
Has the manager set us up correctly?
Do players look motivated to you?
He does that all the time. Likes to focus on one specific and get involved in a macro debate instead of discussing the bigger picture and issues. My money is on the sending off being todays focal point instead of the manager.

What am I deflecting? I've had dick posts giving me jibes rather than ask questions.

Shit on all fronts. It's one of those games that makes the biggest believers in the process turn on the manager.
Thank you. I think everyone (ex opposition fans) here wants the best for United. This manager's record has been awful for a long time now. Yes, the circumstances aren't optimal but they never are. He has been given more time here than any top club would have and he just isn't up for it for whatever reason.

It is time to make the change NOW and try to salvage the season. Under the right manager, we can go on a run and easily compete for top 4 as I believe our squad is capable of competing.

I’d be surprised if he survives this. It’s either RvN if they think the season is a wash or they’re practically ringing Tuchel before the game is even done.

It’s the same old story that whenever he’s up against a manager who can think and a measure of similar resources, he’s caught completely out. He’s not good enough for this league and he can take his two tin cups and brag about all of it at FC Cornflakes of Niemejigen in Dutch land.

Oh yes it was amazing mate, sure we didn't actually score but based on those ineffective 45 minutes against a shite side things are looking very promising. Or so I've heard.

But they're not shite apparently*, some had built that game up as an away trip against prime Barca.

*they have 4 points after 6 games.

Palace game was just a flash in the pan, they are an out of form poor team who have got 3 points in 6 games so far. Obviously we won’t find it as easy against teams that are not badly out of form or completely horrible.
That's what's become really clear. Other teams produce that half almost every time. I don't think our fans realize how consistently bad our play is compared to other teams. That FA Cup win was not worth keeping him.

Dismal performance once again. He will be loving the fact we have had a sending off as it will be used as an excuse. However, nothing this manager does works. Sometimes it is said he can't be blamed for individual mistakes or poor performances but our tactical set up is non existent. None of these players know what our build up play should look like. We play to Ugarte who then hits it back to the defense making it easier for them to press. All of our attacking balls have gone to Rashford and Garnacho had been largely anonymous. Even when the ball does fall our way we seem so surprised we end up giving it away anyway. Some of our players want to press high whilst others want to sit deep. We are supposed to be a high quality transition team (that's what ETH wants) but we are shocking at it. Our defence are put under so much pressure due to our set up that we end up making mistakes.

Spurs know who to play it to and they are focused on through balls and good movement to.enable it. They press well when we build from the back. It's a system. When we get it we haven't a clue. We just hit it back to Onana and hope they just go for a drinks break to give us some space.

He needs to go. Useless.

Now the question I have is all those who changed their mind after that one game did you really expect things to change despite the months and months of evidence before that he was shite? I just find it unfathomable and question the critical thinking here.

It's genuinely such a bewildering thought process. I even remember people saying stuff like "the players clearly like him, look how they reacted at the cup win. he deserves another season". All because players were celebrating the cup, as if they were supposed to be frowning and pushing him away.

To use that as a reason to keep a manager over the mountains of evidence he's shit and a bust? Insanity

I completely wrote this season off the day they announced Ten Hag was staying, so not too stressed by how shit we are