Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Rene brilliantly exposing ten Hag.

Good video, thanks for sharing.

It is rather preplexing how EtH is unable to instill some of the basics into our squad. In recent weeks we have heard from Benny and Steve McClaren about how he is such a tactically brilliant coach yet we seem to be missing the basics. Where has it gone wrong?

I can't understand how he wants to play or setup? He keeps asking for time but does anyone actually know what peak EtH football looks like? If we saw some glimpses, I’m sure fans would be more sympathetic to his cause.

His football has been crap and you can't defend it and he'll most likely be sacked soon but people saying the FA cup final was lucky just isn't true. Our XG was better on the day, we defended well and, but for a mistake by Onana, it would have been a 2-0 win.

Really basic question, does ETH ever change formation to be more defensive? Or to go from a defensive formation to more attacking?

Or is he changing formations and the players just can't perform.....

His football has been crap and you can't defend it and he'll most likely be sacked soon but people saying the FA cup final was lucky just isn't true. Our XG was better on the day, we defended well and, but for a mistake by Onana, it would have been a 2-0 win.

It's one game. With a bunch of very talented footballers to boot. Raphaël Varane a prime example of that talent at the back. Let's not pretend he pulled off that result with a bunch of minnows.

A similar side lined up against Liverpool at Anflield under ETH and got pummeled 7-0.

"What the club need to do now is make sure we have the right manager at the helm next summer (preferably Xabi Alonso) and sort out this mess of a season whether that us Ruud as interim or someone else".

There's a huge problem with this. Alonso is probably the most sought after coach nowadays. We all know that Bayern Munich wants him, also Real Madrid sees him as a potential successor of Ancelotti and then there's Liverpool as long time admirers of him. If Slot fails they'll want him too. Currently we're not in a position to rival these clubs unfortunately for the signature of Alonso.
We can get Carlo then if Real get Xabi.

You know you're shite when the new owner says I like you, I think you're a good coach but...

Please please just get rid. I can't watch another game seeing his gormless expression on the sidelines
That's a bit harsh after he got the equaliser the other day!

The question is, in the unlikely event that we win against Villa on Sunday, would INEOS still have the balls to sack Erik during the international break?

A win would be another false dawn. Even Berrarda and Ashworth must be able to see that by now. I don't think many would argue against the sacking in such a scenario.
You tell us!

It's one game. With a bunch of very talented footballers to boot. Raphaël Varane a prime example of that talent at the back. Let's not pretend he pulled off that result with a bunch of minnows.

A similar side lined up against Liverpool at Anflield under ETH and got pummeled 7-0.
No, but to say we were lucky in the FA cup final win as some suggested is just untrue. We were the better team. It changes nothing regarding his situation now but let's not say it was a lucky win when it wasn't.

I think if we get Tuchel in next week, he’ll win at least 1 trophy this season probably the Europa. But I don’t think he’s the long term solution.
No but for a couple of seasons while we stabilise he would be ideal. Just depends if he'll go for a short term contract. But I guess we could extend it if he continues to do well.

My biggest question regarding his reign is and will be; what happened with his tactics and style from Ajax? He got a job based on that and was highly rated 2 years ago because of that.

in United he looked as completely different manager.
When he said we wouldn't be playing like that I was done with him. Like you say, that's why he was hired.

"Cry about it"

Is someone getting a little rattled that their stance on a manager who clearly wasn't good enough months ago has become indefensible?
@VP89 is the most condescending, passive aggressive poster I've seen on here. Really needs to get off their high horse already. Really no point arguing with them.

I think an as yet unnamed interim is possibly a bigger risk.

I’ll take the risk of someone new in a heartbeat over the shit that Ten Hag serves up. This notion that we shouldn’t change an awful manager because their replacement might be worse is just nonsense. Using that logic you’d never ever replace a failing manager.

Ten Hag isn’t good enough so get rid. If his replacement is even worse (hard to imagine right now), then get rid of them too.