Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seriously look more like Dutch version of OGS.
I am not seeing anything new then previous managers.

He’s still the man for the job but feck me there’s a helluva work to be done and this potential sale dragging on into the summer certainly won’t help matters at all.

I love ten hag, but he's in an absolutely terrible place now. worse than the start of the season when the problems were ones he inherited. This is a run of form and results as bad as any I can remember and to let that top 4 lead evaporate this quickly is alarming. Not to mention losing 7 nil to our biggest rivals and failing to score in most games. If it was any of the previous few managers people would be calling for his head

Losing Martinez and Varane has been immense. This means Malacia playing on the left. Doesn't help when experienced players make massive individual errors over the last 2 games.

De Gea should not be given a new contract.

Can't wait for this season to end so my evenings will stop being ruined every 3/4 days.

Massive test for EtH in his last 4 games. Bottling top 4 from here will unravel a lot of the work done this season.

Starting to doubt his ability to motivate our players - we had to come out flying in the second half with a totally inept Weghurst taken off at half-time but we got nothing.

Running out of credit IMO - top 4 is the absolute priority and with Liverpool and Chelsea out of sorts it's totally unacceptable not to get there.

Can I be manager?

Bloody hell how obvious is it that weghorst is complete trash, de gea has been brutal for years. He cost us CL in 2016 Vs West Ham.

And play Rashford as CF.

Antony and Sancho offer nothing.

The away form can't be ignored anymore. It's the way he's setting them up.

I agree. I think he's too rigid with his system, even when he makes subs the formation stays the same. His in-game management, among other aspects leaves lot to be desired.

I genuinely think today that Weghorst was on to help defend set pieces. Lately, to me, it seems ETH is being somewhat cowardly. Our season is slowly coming apart, I feel a Man Utd manager should be going for a win today. At the very least he should publicly admonish the team for that performance.

I'm less and less sure about him the longer the season has gone on. Or, in essence, since the League Cup Final or the battering against Liverpool. Think most fans accepted that the team had started to run out of steam by that point or had ridden their luck a little, but the performances since then have been questionable. His desire to keep playing Weghorst is painful viewing. Shifting Bruno wide to accommodate him due to the Weghorst inclusion is another one. Another thing is that we're just seeing the same faces get given chance after chance. I really want him to look into the youth team and look at which youngsters could be coming in to challenge our lot. The players have become too comfortable and have stagnated. The intensity has stopped and we've started to roll backwards.

There's also too much in this 'poor away form' and 'poor second half' argument to ignore. It is a problem and he is not doing anything close enough to fix it.

Most over hyped manager ever. Weghorst as number 10 :lol: At Ajax we had the same problem with eth with him playing Promes and Labyad as 10, both disgraceful to be number 10. He even played Labyad as main striker.

Very very stubborn tunnel vision manager. Prefers to play his buddies at al costs. Most at ajax where happy he was gone. He even played Sebastian Haller as a winger for quite a few matches in his last season :lol: Haller is slow as hell and lacks creativity and dribbling skills

lUtterly clueless manager away from home. Find a way to win 3 of the last 4 or get the feck out of the club.

I started to like how Real Madrid and Bayern operate, no romance for the managers, no soft spot for "giving time for the manager", no system players, just buy good or best players and change the manager if they can't win or manage the players.

I really hope this is the end of this horrible run of form.
For the first time we have a whole week to rest before the Wolves game - need to bounce back. At the moment Liverpool are grinding dodgy 1-0 wins, we are losing 0-1. We miss way too many chances, players look way too passive and slow.

Here is what I see:

- ETH makes a huge mistake in playing Weghorst and not trusting Pellistri. I think this is somewhat related to the ownership or contracts, I have no clue really. But something is rotten behind the scenes. LVG, Mourinho, Ole, ETH all fall victims to a very similar pattern.

- Eriksen has been terrible since getting back from injury and Casemiro has been shocking since the end of his suspension too.

- Bruno and Rashford look like the always look when they get overplayed - like they are done with football.

- Martial needs to fecking GO. Right now. No excuses for his pathetic United career. This guy is fragile both physically and mentally. Absolutely garbage.

- I trust Antony more than Sancho. Sancho looks like a Grealish case, but we don't have the luxury of having a team of world class players while waiting for our precious english talent to actually give a feck.

- Lack of Varane and Lisandro hurts us MASSIVELY. They are key to early interceptions, passes between the lines and in general moving the ball quickly. We are handicapped without good ball playing CB's - this makes DDG being shit with his feet even more obvious.

Does Ten Hag show worrying signs? Sure. He refuses to make decisions that look obvious on paper. Like moving Rashford to CF and playing Pellistri on the wing when thins go wrong. He has been dealt a horrible hand this spring and he is not finding a way out of it.

We need to fight for top 4. And we need MASSIVE performance in the FA cup final. I have a good feeling about this game by the way. But let's see...

Let me tell you something else. And I'm going to put it in big bold capital text. IF GLAZERS REMAIN CLUB OWNERS, EVEN IF THEY SACK ETH RIGHT NOW AND HIRE NAGELSMANN, EXACTLY 8-9 MONTHS FROM NOW, THE NAGELSMANN THREAD WILL BE FULL OF "SACK HIM" COMMENTS. ALL THE MANAGERS SINCE SAF MADE MISTAKES. BUT THE STATE OF MANCHESTER UNITED IS NOT ON THE MANAGERS. THE ROT HAS BEEN THERE EVEN IN THE LAST FERGIE YEARS. PLEASE ALWAYS CONSIDER THAT.

Sorry and thanks.

I agree. I think he's too rigid with his system, even when he makes subs the formation stays the same. His in-game management, among other aspects leaves lot to be desired.
It's really worrying man, I understand managers who play to a system but it doesn't work away from home so what's the options? More of plan A? Plan A but faster? Plan A but with better players? I thought good managers were able to be dogmatic when needed?

The substitutions are a bit baffling what does he think Sancho or Fred are going to do to change the game for the better we can all see they are shite play the kids.

A few things that seemed very basic but made me wonder were why Bruno was being shifted left and right in the game for players who couldn't pass in the middle of the field. And why on earth was Shaw taking a short corner when he was a CB who is very good at defending one-on-one?

Some small things like these make you wonder if this team is being prepared well enough.

He has to be questioned. Yes he has bottlers playing for him but still what is the style of play? What is he saying players to do? There is nothing to see. How can he be happy with what he is seeing. We look toothless.

Playing his best 2 attacking players out of position to throw in Wout needs to be explained.

At one point it was looking like he was a very quick learner. He seemed to adapt to things not working pretty much immediately.

But now we're still seeing Fernandes on the wing and Weghorst on the pitch after hour upon hour of evidence that it doesn't fecking work and will never work. He's still got some credit in the bank, but some of this shit is just absolutely baffling at this stage.

I'll give todays todays bottlejob to the players mostly. I think, he tried something today, we played very narrow, especially the fullbacks. Which was a bit odd as I think, Dalot would have been more comfortable than AWB in that role. Apart from that, the long balls are getting very tedious. An unmotivated longball without any need from Shaw started the move that resulted in the DDG-howler.

They have to do stuff on the training field. It is pretty serious. Not just bringing in new players - and for sure not only One big striker.

I am not talking about that. Caf was predicting them "destroying" us, outplaying us etc. There was nothing of that. Don't change the subject.
Yeah there was some doom mongering but to be fair, they do look a lot more organised and free flowing than we've looked for months so you can't blame people for expecting the worst, gallows humour and all that. And to be fair, whenever I think about the final I wince a bit...

Ole would have gotten the benefit of the doubt if he stayed in competitions more and even won one trophy.
That Carling Cup was an easy run. Keep using that to defend the indefensible. Knew when I saw that clown starting up front we'd lose

There's no excuses in the world for how badly we've performed in the last two months.

The worst part is just the total lack of game management and starting every half of football poorly.

Losing Martinez and Varane has been immense. This means Malacia playing on the left. Doesn't help when experienced players make massive individual errors over the last 2 games.

De Gea should not be given a new contract.
Our problems are coming in attack not defence. Creating nothing, scoring nothing

I can see him coming out and saying that we missed a lot of chances, as if we create enough clear cut opportunities to win games of late. Same story from the manager, same performances from the players.

I really hope that League Cup isn't his Paris moment. I can't watch 3 more years of this shit.

3 goals scored in the last 6 games not facing any big opponents. That's shocking.

If he doesn't get us top four we really need to start asking the question at least.

Can't wait for this season to end so my evenings will stop being ruined every 3/4 days.

Massive test for EtH in his last 4 games. Bottling top 4 from here will unravel a lot of the work done this season.

Yep, exactly my feelings.

I think there are some very worrying signs for me right now. It’s one thing to be bad in your first season but some of the mistakes he is making are very scary. Like how he did look at West Ham & decide that this was his front 6 for today. Then how did he wait so long to make any changes in midfield. We had no energy & were so flat and he let that go on making no changes . Not good at all

xG doesn’t seem to agree with the idea that we created enough and just have poor finishers —

Looks about right but I'd guess most of their chances came in the 2nd half.

I knew this game is very hard but I didn’t expect us lose it. Top four is in the real danger now. Unbelievable!

If we miss out on top 4, it's completely on Ten Hag. The way his setting up the team in away games is the problem. You can blame players all you want but you can't miss the elephant in the room.

It's really worrying man, I understand managers who play to a system but it doesn't work away from home so what's the options? More of plan A? Plan A but faster? Plan A but with better players? I thought good managers were able to be dogmatic when needed?

Yup, he's not as good as I thought he would be. I don't think he has good gasp of this league either. which goes to explain the away form a bit.

I understand wanting to give him time and he should get time and backing if we land top 4, but it's not looking good for him.

Ultimately I want a manager that can mount a challenge against Klopp and Pep and I don't think ETH is that man, as much as upsets me to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.