Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully you are not the one in charge of that.

Sacking a manager that was brought in to build a team over several years, and then you'd decide his fate over a few points in the league in the first season, plus a freak game where we conceded 3 xG.

He is showing himself incapable of making the tough decisions, de Gea should not be on the pitch since before the Sevilla debacle he can have no complaints if he costs him his job.

I think chunks of this tail end of the season can be chalked up to injury’s, and a lack of squad depth.

Back him in the Summer, give him next season to show that he can play the way he wants to with the players he needs and if we’re no better off this time next year, look elsewhere.

Not the man for the job. Simple as. The way we've been hammered this season was already an issue for me, but still had my reservations because we were in a comfortable position to grab that top4 spot. Scousers with an abysmal season are going to get it now. I see no change in mentality, no patterns of play and the same problems when Ole was in charge.

Yeah, you get shot for even suggesting it, but if he throws away Top 4 and we get new owners, I would want them installing someone else.

Throwing away Top 4 from an almost impossible position, the humiliation at Liverpool, constantly setting us up to be so easy to play though away from home, the absolute state of some of his transfers etc…

If he misses out on Top 4 now, I wouldn’t be against him being replaced.
The man said 'good is not good enough' and we've not been good for months except here or there for a couple of minutes.

People gave Rangnick so much shite for just talking the talk and not walking the walk but if he fails at top 4 after the position we're in, he's had an absolute howler.

I hope for ETH’s sake the club is sold. If not, no way he’s competing with this lot next season.

You really learn alot about a manager when things get tough and ETH has not convinced me at all.
If he doesn’t deliver the 4th he should walk.

Yeah, for all his faults, Wenger was massively let down his last 10 years at Arsenal, with the constant boardroom drama, lack of transfer backing, and losing his best player almost every year.
He’d have won multiple CL titles at Madrid or Barcelona. He was a better manager than most who’ve won the big one tbf.

I know we don’t give Arsenal much credit but he changed that club himself.

All Ten Hag will get is this summer so he better maximise it. If we don't make the CL and start next season poorly, he will be fired.

Serving up the same tripe as every other manager we've jumped on over the last 10 years tbh, I presumed he would have imprinted a progressive style of play by now.

I said at half time the 2nd half will tell us more about him and his players.

I got my answers. We're a pathetic team managed by a pathetic manager. Even if we scrap top 4 by a thin hair against Liverpool, there's no hope for any meaningful trophy next season or even the season after it.

Rather than just knee jerk and question everything about the manager, there's one specific point that is really confusing me.

We saw him in detailed discussion with Martial before he came on. Martial comes on and spends 80% of his time dropping into midfield, operating in the 10 position, basically doing everything except getting into the box regularly and providing a focal point. Despite the fact we've got Eriksen, Fernandes, Sancho that can operate in those areas. Weghorst also plays like this, which is even more confusing when he lacks ability.

Why are we doing this? I know we lack quality up front, but simply vacating the area doesn't help.

Can someone actually explain to me what are game plan is? Because I don’t see anything different from the shit we watched week after week under Ole. He’s spent fortunes as well by the way.

Is he coaching players to take an extra touch or 2 instead placing a pass put wide. It's so pedantic right now. Every player needs more time on the ball when a simple and often dangerous pass looks on.

The style of play has not improved at all and that's the worst thing.

We just never look like scoring he seemingly hates to have wide players that cross the ball and in all honesty if we come top four which we are doing them I'd sack him.

That's the first time I've felt like that since he has arrived but it's just absolutely shocking how he has gone about this when it really matters

He's shown enough that he should be in charge next season, even in the event that we lose top 4. It took Arteta a few years to get Arsenal into a proper outfit.

Anyway, time to roll on the usual excuses.

Fatigue !

Fixtures congestion !

Injuries !

Glazers !

Players !

World Cup !

Queen's death !

The entire world is fighting Ten Hag, the poor lad.

Thankfully you are not the one in charge of that.

Sacking a manager that was brought in to build a team over several years, and then you'd decide his fate over a few points in the league in the first season, plus a freak game where we conceded 3 xG.
How long did you back Ole Gunner Loser just so I know the magnitude of pointlessness of discussing with you.

Well I think there will be less zealots shouting down any criticisms now. I like Ten Hag but I would categorise this first season as sometimes maybe good...sometimes maybe shit. Hope our home form can see us over the line into top 4 and then get some good recruits in the summer.

He needs time. Look at Arteta at Arsenal. Ten Hag has inherited some really poor players who have let the club down time and time again.
Difference is Arteta (and I think Edu) identified press resistant players right away and signed them. Even the players that didn't work out, they were players of that ilk. Suarez, Ceballos, etc.

We haven't done that. Casemiro, Eriksen, Sabitzer, Weghorst, Antony - all weak under pressure. Martinez is our only signing that fits that bill and he's a cb.

The problem isn't the coaching, imo. It's the clubs inability to identify press resistant players.

At the end of the day getting played off the park by this West Ham team is completely on the manager. He can’t seem to get a tune out of his players at all right now . That first half was a disgrace and what you need is for the manager to show it to the players but he changed nothing . We played the second half like we were holding on to a 1-0 lead. He won’t last long with this level

Shocking he didn't make changes at HT. He hasn't improved our playing style at all. Its non existent. It like Ole without the moments of magic.

His fascination with Weghorst is baffling. We’ve only been able to muster some semblance of order and energy in one half of football for weeks now, playing him from the off means we were down 10vs11 in our best period to win the game, and at the expense of putting Bruno out wide too.

I contemplated putting some money on West Spam when I saw the starting line up, ended up telling my friends to do it. At least someone get some joy from this clusterfeck.

City defeated Watford 6-0 for an Fa Cup final few years ago.

I bet the final against us this year will be even easier for them.

Weghorst as a 10, Fernandes out wide, Rashford’s best ever season so played out of position when not needed too and refusing to do what every other manager in the league would have done in dropping De Gea are just four things from today alone and no one can put it on anyone else other than ETH.

He's shat the bed the same as the players.. Plagues on all their houses.

Only we could take all that optimism after the cup final and the Barcelona games and piss it all up the wall.

The overall 'quality' of our football is still absolute garbage. He looks out of his depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.