Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not getting top 4 now, the form has been bad for months and isn't getting better. What a trainwreck season it's turned out to be.
Just like Dutch manager before him, too cocky for his own good.
The lesson here is don't trust anyone in this club, United has been banter club for a reason. He has lot to learn.

Last edited:
Is anyone suggesting he should be removed from position? I can’t quite work it out, lots of people criticising him but dancing round the key question
No but he should be stripped of some responsibilities, particularly transfers and contract renewals.

I worry that he watched games last year, and analyzed us and didnt see that GK was a top priority last year.

I've never heard this negative perspective from Ajax fans before? Was that actually a widespread feeling or just a minority?

If we bottle top4 I don’t know how can anyone survive such season, including the 0-7 at Anfield.

Yes, because a long-term process that's in its first year should be decided by a few points in the league and a freak result where we conceded 3 xG.

I still think we make top 4, but let's say we lose out by 1 point, you would sack him?

And all the other reactionary people agreeing with you. :lol:

We’ve absolutely bottled what could have been a very good season

Worrying that we look clueless ETH needs to get them on track because dropping out of the top 4 from here will be a complete disaster

Very worrying away form

I don't think we look anything like a Wenger team. Whatever you say about his weaker teams they could always knock the ball about the park with no problems. Ours struggle with basic passes half the time.

To be clear that's been the case whoever the manager is. Too many technically shit players.

You play nothing like Wengers late Arsenal teams

I mean the potential we have with ETH is similar to what Wenger had in his last years, good football with a bunch of system players, but no major titles.

Is anyone suggesting he should be removed from position? I can’t quite work it out, lots of people criticising him but dancing round the key question
Here's a hot take.

I think he should go if we miss top 4 and if we were as massive a club as our fans seem to think.

What's more realistic is that he gets half a season from me to show improvement or he's on a road to nowhere.

I've not had sentimentality for any of our previous managers, I'm not about to change my standards

Starting to lose patience with this guy now, fred when you can bring on Garnacho?.

Failing to score easy chances, hitting the post twice, DDG blunder.

but the team has no fight, they are mentally gone.

Bruno, Casemiro, Eriksen, Rashford all in horrible form aswell.

Antony shows fight but looks like angry kid.

I feel in the past month only Lindelöf has earned any respect.

Before this week I would have kept him on even if we didn't make top 4 but I don't see the point. His judgement of players seems iffy to me, comes across as naive and a bit too passive. Also, I can't see him winning the league even if given time and money.

It almost feels like he's lost the dressing room, despite everything that he's achieved so far this season.

We’ve absolutely bottled what could have been a very good season

Worrying that we look clueless ETH needs to get them on track because dropping out of the top 4 from here will be a complete disaster
Yep.

I know it’s cool to write off seasons/competitions but we should be strolling the Europa & looking forward to the FA Cup final with Top4 sewn up.

Utterly shambolic run of performances.

Failing to score easy chances, hitting the post twice, DDG blunder.

but the team has no fight, they are mentally gone.

Bruno, Casemiro, Eriksen, Rashford all in horrible form aswell.

Antony shows fight but looks like angry kid.

I feel in the past month only Lindelöf has earned any respect.
This kid is scared of his own shadow he needs exiting asap along with many others.

It’s been grim for a while now but today I genuinely can’t tell the difference between this and Ole Ball.

Yeah, you get shot for even suggesting it, but if he throws away Top 4 and we get new owners, I would want them installing someone else.

Throwing away Top 4 from an almost impossible position, the humiliation at Liverpool, constantly setting us up to be so easy to play though away from home, the absolute state of some of his transfers etc…

If he misses out on Top 4 now, I wouldn’t be against him being replaced.

Can't defend ETH here, tactics all wrong from the outset and we are too easy to play against.

I'm worried he coached Antony for 2 years, and decided he was worth spending £80m on.
It's baffling the director of football allowed it after spending a fortune on Sancho and Amad in the previous two windows. I'm pretty convinced Amad is a better player than Antony.

Yeah, Wenger teams would string together 100 pretty passes but then would have zero penetration or goal threat. We can't even do the passing piece right.
Wenger was a miles better manager than Ten Hag let’s be honest. As much as we have a dig at Wenger he was a visionary.

One of the greatest managers who would have won sooo much more at one of the Italian or Spanish giants or United / Chelsea.

It sounds weird since he came from Japan but Arsenal in the end kinda held him back a bit career wise.

The league position is probably par for the page course for what I expected at the start of the season with us battling for a top-4 place. However, considering the position we were in, it is concerning how we are playing at the moment & a possibility we might even miss out.

The stubbornness in not rotating players or playing certain players when it’s obvious they’re not deserving of it, is not a trait I like. The pattern of games with us falling apart when we concede or not bothering to turn up after HT is also an issue which he needs to fix.

I've said it at the begining of the season that he needs luck to achieve anything with this squad.
Take Rashford's purple patch from December till February away and we're not winning the league cup let alone be in a top 4 race.
We're the most individualistic team in the EPL - as soon as the players form drops we go to shit (Rashford, Fernandes...)

These players can't score to save their lives. Hard to not what to blame eth for when they can't put damn shots on target

If we don’t make top 4, it’s a true bottle job given where we were. I would very much worry about him. I’m not Erik out, not by a long shot - but missing out on top 4 would be insanely awful, and classically the manager is where the buck will stop.

It's baffling the director of football allowed it after spending a fortune on Sancho and Amad in the previous two windows. I'm pretty convinced Amad is a better player than Antony.

We don't have a real DOF. It's a bodge of a role.

Yeah, you get shot for even suggesting it, but if he throws away Top 4 and we get new owners, I would want them installing someone else.

Throwing away Top 4 from an almost impossible position, the humiliation at Liverpool, constantly setting us up to be so easy to play though away from home, the absolute state of some of his transfers etc…

If he misses out on Top 4 now, I wouldn’t be against him being replaced.

Thankfully you are not the one in charge of that.

Sacking a manager that was brought in to build a team over several years, and then you'd decide his fate over a few points in the league in the first season, plus a freak game where we conceded 3 xG.

Lots of question marks. We got lucky with the EL draw. Limping our way to 4th, might not even get it. Will absolutely get hammered by city in the FA cup final. Jury still out for me

Wenger was a miles better manager than Ten Hag let’s be honest. As much as we have a dig at Wenger he was a visionary.

One of the greatest managers who would have won sooo much more at one of the Italian or Spanish giants or United / Chelsea.
Yeah, for all his faults, Wenger was massively let down his last 10 years at Arsenal, with the constant boardroom drama, lack of transfer backing, and losing his best player almost every year.

If we lose top 4 this year, the pressure on him will be huge next season. I do not see him succeeds here in that case

We don’t know how to do anything other than play counter attacking football. Look how hopeless we are when given the lions share of the ball.

It’s also yet another match where the important midfield duels have been completely lost.

He’s really not some tactical Cruyff like genius is he. Maybe Pochetino really would have been a better choice.

Some serious questions should be asked. The way we lose games is just unacceptable. No urgency, no fight, nothing whatsoever. Our attacking play is LVG-esque.

Case of two things:

a. same old players letting another manager down

b. EtH doesn't help himself with his stubbornness of WW. Also his half time team talks do nothing and I worry about his ability to manage games.

Conclusion: They're all to blame, the players, the manager, the board and glazers for not getting a fecking striker in which is clearly showing.

Pathetic club all round (yes I'm fuming)

Status
Not open for further replies.