Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've known 2 ETHs. The one that gave 18/19 and the one that barely made us champions in 2022 and honestly I'm seeing the latter one a lot last few weeks. Extremely hard headed cnut we all really wanted to leave the club.

Are Martinez and Varane going to help us hit the target and find a cutting edge infront of goal?

No but they both solidify us as a team. Its no coincidence that since those 2 have been injured the whole team has fallen apart.

Shaw has been good at standing in but we need him bombing up and down the left wing like he does in hos real position.

No but they both solidify us as a team. Its no coincidence that since those 2 have been unjured the whole team has fallen apart.

Shaw has been good at standing in but we need him bombing up and down the left wing like he does in hos real position.
One more thing is we miss Shaw at Lb

Yes we could have signed a striker better than Weghorst in the summer when we had Ronaldo and Martial for backup, but that would have left us with noone for right wing, eh?
Funnily enough, there was no rule stating we had to pay 90m quid for Antony.

Trying not to be kneejerk but find it really difficult to not think that his squad management has been nothing short of abysmal when the fixtures really began to pile up.

No but they both solidify us as a team. Its no coincidence that since those 2 have been injured the whole team has fallen apart.

Some people were saying Malacia would take his place start of the season :lol:

Apparently we didn’t need him

He will have my support until he gets sacked or retires at United, as I have supported other managers at the club. But I don't think he or his football is good enough to make a serial winner team. It's good though, like how Wenger's arsenal was in his last years.

He needs time. Look at Arteta at Arsenal. Ten Hag has inherited some really poor players who have let the club down time and time again.

Stupid statement. He’s had to play the first half of the season without a striker as martial was awol and all the club could give him was a striker out on loan for the second half of the season.
Nope, he got us to a great position and he's absolutely bottled it playing that donkey and the team has stopped playing as a collective. Plus, he favors his signings even if they're playing shit, so that a huge red flag.

We cannot be having this.

Funnily enough, there was no rule stating we had to pay 90m quid for Antony.

Then who should we have signed?

Antony has the benefit of having worked with EtH previously so knows his methods. Getting a PL proven winger would cost around the same or more?

Antony has the benefit of having worked with EtH previously so knows his methods. Getting a PL proven winger would cost around the same or more?
Many, many more players available for half the price of this guy. ETH is lazy and went for the only player he could be bothered to think about.

Sorry but Anthony is an absolute dud.

I like EtH but. . . whilst the signing of Weghorst may be up for debate as to whether we could or could not have gotten better, the decision to play him as a No.10 after he failed with us as a no.9 is solely on him.

In the first instance you could perhaps blame it on injuries but I worry if he feels he can’t come up with a better system than the one we began with today.

I've known 2 ETHs. The one that gave 18/19 and the one that barely made us champions in 2022 and honestly I'm seeing the latter one a lot last few weeks. Extremely hard headed cnut we all really wanted to leave the club.

He was that bad?

I like EtH but. . . whilst the signing of Weghorst may be up for debate as to whether we could or could not have gotten better, the decision to play him as a No.10 after he failed with us as a no.9 is solely on him.

In the first instance you could perhaps blame it on injuries but I worry if he feels he can’t come up with a better system than the one we began with today.
Agreed with all that. Baffling. The guys who’s clearly nowhere near the standard for us - in the role he was signed for in desperation, is going to solve our problems in a different role all of a sudden? Added on top of it resulting in shifting our 2 most productive attackers out of their best positions.

You're talking absolute shite so I'm going to leave it here. If you think Ten Hag made the best decisions he could have then we can agree to disagree.

Yep, I watched Ajax in the last few months of his tenure and this has been a repeat of those months since the League Cup.

He will have my support until he gets sacked or retires at United, as I have supported other managers at the club. But I don't think he or his football is good enough to make a serial winner team. It's good though, like how Wenger's arsenal was in his last years.

I don't think we look anything like a Wenger team. Whatever you say about his weaker teams they could always knock the ball about the park with no problems. Ours struggle with basic passes half the time.

To be clear that's been the case whoever the manager is. Too many technically shit players.

You're talking absolute shite so I'm going to leave it here. If you think Ten Hag made the best decisions he could have then we can agree to disagree.
He (ETH) didn't (make the best decisions). It's just defensiveness by fans that can't help but stay relentlessly positive because they can't bring themselves to lose another cult manager.

It's worrying what is happening at the moment. The attack is completely rudderless now Rashford is out of form. Doesn't say much foe ETH.
Defensively there has been massive improvement but in attack, there's been no improvement. And Antony for €100 million, my God......

Back the boss but over the last month or so decision making has been really poor. Starting Weghurst today was a crazy decision, then not making subs at HT... I do worry.

Is anyone suggesting he should be removed from position? I can’t quite work it out, lots of people criticising him but dancing round the key question

If we bottle top4 I don’t know how can anyone survive such season, including the 0-7 at Anfield.
That result was only acceptable if we got top 4 and Liverpool fecked up. This is looking like a nightmare scenario

I will give him second season but I will lie if I say I'm not worried. Playing that guy as a 10 is just criminal

Is anyone suggesting he should be removed from position? I can’t quite work it out, lots of people criticising him but dancing round the key question
Nah, he should stay regardless of where we finish but if we miss out on top 4 his position will not be very strong.

If we bottle top4 I don’t know how can anyone survive such season, including the 0-7 at Anfield.

Honestly I'm with you on this.

He's incredibly stubborn and doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and the bad results have been really bad. So bad we'd be screaming for anyone else to get the sack.

I don't think we look anything like a Wenger team. Whatever you say about his weaker teams they could always knock the ball about the park with no problems. Ours struggle with basic passes half the time.

To be clear that's been the case whoever the manager is. Too many technically shit players.
Yeah, Wenger teams would string together 100 pretty passes but then would have zero penetration or goal threat. We can't even do the passing piece right.

You play nothing like Wengers late Arsenal teams

He was that bad?
I won't slate the manager that brought us great moments butit is hard to deny we were glad it was over. Not because he was a bad manager but the chemistry was clearly over.

He needs to drop De Gea but he won't.

First thing Fat Sam did at Leeds was come in and binned off Meslier for his subpar performances.

It's hard to see how butland could be worse than De gea at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.