Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been moments FC for a good few months now, reverted back to the worst of Ole ball

Moments FC works if you have a few productive forwards. Problem is 2/3 of the front line offer zero production so now it's just Rashford FC

This right here is why everyone said he should avoid us. The squad was massively imbalanced and low quality with a number of players needing replacing leaving for free and an aging centre forward, along with the most whiney entitled fans on the planet who won't give him the time to impose his brand onto the team over a few transfer windows..

Seems like a bit of a stubborn manager by playing weghorst. I’d say Even an out of form and lazy martial is still better and offers us more.
I genuinely struggle to get my head around how there are people who still want to see Martial on the pitch. He offers nothing, whatsoever. Weghorst might not either, but at least you can probably trust him not to fake an injury and waste one of your subs if the game's going badly.

No, we needed players, not a £90m Antony who isn't much better than Pepe.

We needed a right winger desperately and time will tell if it works out.

You’re whinging and it’s boring.

When some of you numpties actually come to terms with the fact that our squad is mostly filled with bang average players then you’ll start giving the poor bastard in charge a break.

Keeping Donkey on is criminal. It's on him now

We needed a right winger desperately and time will tell if it works out.

You’re whinging and it’s boring.

When some of you numpties actually come to terms with the fact that our squad is mostly filled with bang average players then you’ll start giving the poor bastard in charge a break.
Sancho was signed as a RW for massive money. How's that worked out?

He'll get a break when he learns how to set a team up away from home.

Weghorst vs. Martial is a false dichotomy. After several away games with zero shots on target, you might as well switch up the gameplan a bit and try something new. Hell, even a strikerless formation may be more effective at this point.

I can't understand for the life of me why ETH persists with Weghorst in any fashion. Fair enough Martial can't play every game because of his atrocious fitness record but at least try something else. A false 9 like Pep and Klopp deployed over the years. Bruno, Eriksen, Sabitzer and Pellistri all candidates. Anything else other than something that hasn't worked all season.

Why was he getting credit when we were going well in four competitions if it’s all down to the players?
Maybe because many of these bottlejobs have been here for ages. How can a manager be blamed for a stupid gk error

Right then, so why do we need to give him another £500m+ to buy his 'own players' if this is what we get? Something's got to give
Giving managers money to buy "their own players" is what got us into this mess in the first place. Recruitment should be the remit of the club's football operations personnel, not the manager (who should of course have input, but shouldn't be the primary decision maker).

He should get more money to buy his own players. We definitely need more Antonys, Weghorsts and Malacias in the squad. Can't you see how they transformed the team ?

The cracks are showing that's for sure but Licha and varane are a big miss for us.

So is Shaw at LB as malacia is dogshi
t.

We've got a few fullbacks out on loan and watching Malacia I can't help but wonder if one of those would be a more cost effective way of having cover.

Who should we have signed ?
I don't have to be able to provide a list of transfer targets for my statements to be valid.
He doesn’t spend the money. The club couldn’t be arsed to until they’d lost the first two games of the season either. They wanted to go into the season with Eriksen on a free and an understudy left back.
He chose the players, and was aware of what getting them would do to his budget. It's not completely his fault, but he's not blameless either.

He chose the players, and was aware of what getting them would do to his budget. It's not completely his fault, but he's not blameless either.
Martial and his injuries were always a likely outcome, but getting both that and the Ronaldo situation I don't think was ever predictable. And this is why we ended up with Weghorst in january.

Giving managers money to buy "their own players" is what got us into this mess in the first place. Recruitment should be the remit of the club's football operations personnel, not the manager (who should of course have input, but shouldn't be the primary decision maker).

If Ancelotti had any input at Madrid, Casemiro would still be there.

Why doesn’t he play Rashford as the CF with Bruno just behind him and Casemiro, Eriksen and Fred in MF? Or some combination of that?

It’s genuinely weird.

If I were a new owner watching this I’d be thinking very carefully about letting Pochettino and Nagelsmann go elsewhere.

LVG make 2, today.

Harsh on LvG. His footy was dull as a depressed housewife on Valium, but he would DOMINATE teams in the middle, like probably dominate them. And he did it with plodders. ETH can’t do that.

He isn’t at LvG’s level yet in his career.

I don't have to be able to provide a list of transfer targets for my statements to be valid.

That's just a cop out. We hadn't qualified for the Champions League and were in a state of disarray, we were limited to targets who would accept that and a lot of them came for EtH.

We are gonna bottle top 4. Horrible football.

Needs to improve dramatically early next season or he'll be on sack watch.

When we bottle top four Erik will be straight into last chance saloon himself next season.

He's made too many game management shockers in these away games, put his faith in the wrong players, been unlucky with injuries as well. But ultimately bottling top four from such a big lead will be on him.

Yeah, he's absolutely eaten up his credit. This is shite.

Can't believe we've had Garnacho and Sabitzer sat on the bench watching 70 minutes of this shit.

That's just a cop out. We hadn't qualified for the Champions League and were in a state of disarray, we were limited to targets who would accept that and a lot of them came for EtH.
We could have easily signed a striker better than Weghorst, I can't believe you're trying to claim otherwise. We had a 37 year old Ronaldo and perennially injured Martial as our options.

If Ancelotti had any input at Madrid, Casemiro would still be there.
And I have no problem with the club overruling the manager, especially in cases like this where there is a conflict between the manager wanting instant results and the club taking a longer-term view. My main point was that the manager should not be the main person dictating the club's transfer strategy.

We could have easily signed a striker better than Weghorst, I can't believe you're trying to claim otherwise.

Yes we could have signed a striker better than Weghorst in the summer when we had Ronaldo and Martial for backup, but that would have left us with noone for right wing, eh?

And I have no problem with the club overruling the manager, especially in cases like this where there is a conflict between the manager wanting instant results and the club taking a longer-term view. My main point was that the manager should not be the main person dictating the club's transfer strategy.

Our club has overruled managers but then got hammered by it's incredible dimwitted fanbase. The club weren't keen on Maguire that's why they told Mourinho no.

We saw the absolute shitshow our fans created the season after though.

Status
Not open for further replies.