Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like him, but it's very hard not to question some of the things he does. How Weghorst is anywhere near this club is baffling. 1 season in, and he doesn't seem to have been able to instil a winning mentality in many of the players that were here when he arrived.

He must realize some of these players will throw him under the bus again. They cannot be trusted. Half of the players play like they don't care about the game.

He has the same shite players as Ole.

Fourth placed set of players at best. This is what we are, whether it be Pep, Klopp or Ten Hag.
His signing bar Martinez aren't doing much. 220m spent we should be doing much better.

Martial is a massive bag of wank though.

90% of the time he definitely is but he’s still a better option than Weghorst especially when it means we’re playing our most creative player in Fernandes out wide and our best attacker in Rashford out of position just to put Weghorst in the team and playing Weghorst out of position at that, if Weghorst has to play then play him up top and make him press non stop to tire the opposition defence out.

Posted similar in another thread the other day but if we don't win the fa cup we should cut our losses and get rid of him instead of wasting 3 years like we normally do in hope for him to come good when its more than obvious he won't because at bayern and Real he would be sacked at the end of the season and these are the teams we should aspire to be like.

Could you imagine either one of these teams keeping their manager that has no away wins against the top 9 teams,barely getting top 4,getting spanked against their biggest rivals 7-0 and dumped out of the europa league by a midtable team.
No I cant either.

The only good thing I can say about this season is that we've won a trophy but even that we had one of the easiest runs in the history of the competition with many of our games at home against poor opposition.

This team has now entered meltdown stage just as it did under Ole and Rangnick , can ETH do anything different to reverse the trend , not looking good.

If we miss out in top 4 , then questions about have we really progressed at all this season will be valid questions.

Our progress this season vs 2021-22 is there largely because we fell apart completely after Ronaldo acquisition. When you compare this season to 2019-20, 2020-21 then there is no real progress apart from much heralded League Cup win which I don’t hold in as high regard as many do (it’s a decent trophy though).

We looked good midway through season but are back to being Moments United again.

League cup won’t make up for missing out on Top 4. A lot of the problems are his own doing and he doesn’t seem to learn from his mistakes.

I admit, I am losing faith. He needs a massive second half.

Sadly his first season is slowly but surely going down the drain.

He spent £230m in the summer...
And he will need much more than that next summer because that first eleven is still some way short, possibly three or four short and it's not even Ten Hag's fault. He is carrying a mishmash of ten years' incompetence.

It shouldn't be between Wout or Martial, simply none of them should play, maybe even use Eriksen as a false 9 or Bruno and play Fred in midfield for much better aggression and play without the ball, he's useless anyway, slow to cover any space and his one truly exceptional pass which could win us a game per 10 games is not worth his lack of athleticism..

Lose top 4 to Liverpool and he may lose his job, there are many ready to call for his head.

Rangrick was right we need 10 new players, bar Martinez, Case & Rash this whole 1st 11 can go.

He should have spent money better in the summer, so we wouldn't be in this position.

He doesn’t spend the money. The club couldn’t be arsed to until they’d lost the first two games of the season either. They wanted to go into the season with Eriksen on a free and an understudy left back.

Rashford up top, Weghorst in the middle, Bruno out left….yeah he’s confusing even me now with some of these decisions. Weghorst is nowhere near our quality, so if he can’t even play in his favored position - the position he was signed for where he had a huge hole to fill….what makes us think he’ll do any better in a different position plus moving 2 of our most productive attackers out of their favored positions.

The good will for a league cup win is quickly running out, he isn’t getting anything out of this team that a half decent manager couldn’t get. Rashford, Casemiro, Eriksen, Fernandes, €220m spent in the summer and this is the sort of rubbish we have had to watch for weeks. As Boris would say “great supine protoplasmic invertebrate jellies”!!!!!!

Seems like a bit of a stubborn manager by playing weghorst. I’d say Even an out of form and lazy martial is still better and offers us more.

ETH has made some huge decisions in his first year as manager. Dropped Maguire, dropped Ronaldo, dropped a performing Rashford for discipline issues… why is he sticking to De gea. Heaton and Butland are not world class, but at this point, De gea is costing us a lot.

We've been moments FC for a good few months now, reverted back to the worst of Ole ball

I know that Shaw has played well at CB but I really think that we have nothing in attack with Malacia and we have the club captain sitting on the bench. Very strange thinking

People need to calm down.. Blaming Weghorst is just deflating the issues.
Weghorst didn't start in like how many games? He is not the answer but for sure he is not the main problem. When Brighton blew us away it's not because of Weghorst. When Sevilla did us it's not because of Weghorst.
The team has fundamental issues, it is ETH is unable to solve them as we move forward. Hopefully we cross the line then he should clear all these imposter footballers.
3 more goals we leak we will have conceded the second worst league goals in United Premier League history. Fundamentally there are very gaping issues on the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.