Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not exactly adaptable is he?

Once we start playing shite he does nothing to change it immediately and then when he finally changes things it's too late by far.

There have been times this season where his subs have come on and saved the day but generally he's slow to implement change and seems lost when things aren't going our way which isn't much different to Ole, Jose, LVG or Moyes.

In some ways we've changed and in many ways we're still the same brittle, broken club that we have been for a decade.
He has the most goals scored by subs this season right?

Let's remember that Arsenal got outplayed and knocked out by Sporting. This result is shit, but not necessarily indicative of much

Can we drop the nonsense now that ETH or any manager can transform players?

Players are what they are.

The only way to significantly improve is to get better one's in.

ETH has to be brutal this summer.

Oh yes! The entire team was abysmal tonight. Sloppy passing, weak duels and no ideas going forward. But it all starts at the back line.
We really should should have closed out the game in the first leg. But it’s a worry that when we lose we implode so badly. That cannot be a good sign for an improving team.

People focusing on Sevilla’s league position as if we didn’t eliminate Barca from the competition. It happens, these competitions are decided on small margins and we messed up in the last 10 at OT and then that madness by Maguire & DDG

Maguire and DDG need to go. Followed by MCT and Fred. Martial can't be relied upon as a main striker.

There wasn't a proper succession plan when Sir Alex left, and we're still paying the price.

ETH is still in my eyes the best manager we've had since Sir Alex. The deadwood need to go.

You mean the guy that just got sacked by Bayern? I'd say they're a better judge of who's a good manager than we are all things considered.
To be fair, ten Hag would have been sacked by Bayern 2 games into the season with those results we had. They are fecking ruthless.

Didn't most of our fans anyway want us to get knocked out of europa and now when we are knocked out, there are people bringing Ole back and one guy wanting Naggelsman appointed.

Not an Ole apologists by any stretch but that Carabao Cup had a lot of luck involved in terms of favorable home draws and Newcastle were the better team in the final .
We really aren't as good as we are. We need to be more humble

I don't doubt we have a lot of work to do. But I find the comparisons to Ole just so baffling.

Jesus some of the posts in this thread . We absolutely destroyed this team in the first leg and but for some terrible luck would have ended the tie. We then end up missing 5 definite starters and our captain & most experienced player decide to gift a goal to start this tie. Hard to blame the manager in this
We are still able to field a strong side. We should by all means be able to throw more players forward and at least make them sweat a bit. Even if Harry gifts them a goal at the start. But we have been shellshocked for some reason on the away pitch throughout the season. We`ve looked terrible even with full strength team when playing away. God knows why we fall apart so often. But that really does feel like it`s up to EtH to figure out, imo.

Said it a few weeks back but fighting on all fronts was always going to cost us and look at this shit show.

Now we've insisted on rushing players back from injury only for them to get injured again, top 4 isn't secure yet and Brighton will murder us. Serious questions about the managements grasp on reality.
We’re like 8 games away from the end of the season..what kind of points tally did you expect to secure top 4 at this point?
You’re even Shitting on him for a loss that fecking hasn’t happened yet
Calm down

At the start of the season, people would have taken how the season has gone 100 times out of 100 following last year.

People just got their hopes up too high when we were the best form team, but we have so little depth and balance isn't right between defence and midfield away from home yet. It's a work in progress..

Also, it's not just the fact we get beat at away games, we get smashed and the team look lost, hopeless and spineless.
Under glazers we will never be ruthless in getting rid of players, that why we keep absolute gash players for years.

Maybe it would help in being more flexible with targets instead of spending £60m+ on every other player.

We have a scouting department, he has a had year now here, along with the DoF. They need to get creative with the budget they have

Jesus some of the posts in this thread . We absolutely destroyed this team in the first leg and but for some terrible luck would have ended the tie. We then end up missing 5 definite starters and our captain & most experienced player decide to gift a goal to start this tie. Hard to blame the manager in this
Agree in some way. But the way how we lose must be questioned. Zero passion, idea and desire.

Making plenty of mistakes this season, hopefully he learns from them and doesn't make them next season. Needs to seriously get rid of a good few of these players as there's still a massive mentality and attitude problem within the squad.

He has played Wout in 22 games this season. Many of them were starts.
If you cant give the youth a chance over Wout, you're at the wrong club

Yes they made mistakes but they weren’t making mistakes all game. Why did other players play so bad? Eriksen is supposed to be our creative central midfielder but he didn’t do his job, Savitzer was playing as a striker, Martial playing in no man’s land, why the collective shit show for the entire duration?

You didn't answer my question. Why do you think we struggle against the press?

His lack of rotation has been his downfall this season and he has to learn from it. This is far from the Eredivisie.

He should have sacrificed the Fa Cup and Europa long ago in favour of the league.

Can we drop the nonsense now that ETH or any manager can transform players?

Players are what they are.

The only way to significantly improve is to get better one's in.

ETH has to be brutal this summer.
I agree. I feel too much expectation has been placed on him that he will improve everyone when many of these dudes simply need the chop

He will be defined by how ruthless he is this summer. We’re up against one of the greatest managers and club squads in history who are funded by a state - we need to be striving for far better than we currently have. De Gea is the ultimate litmus test of this.

At the start of the season, people would have taken how the season has gone 100 times out of 100 following last year.

People just got their hopes up too high when we were the best form team, but we have so little depth and balance isn't right between defence and midfield away from home yet. It's a work in progress..
Should that matter ? Things evolve and so targets and hopes

No doubt he's the right man for the job, but he has got to improve. There's just no excuse for our team collapsing like this numerous times in a single season. The very least I expect from a United manager is to ensure that his players give their all on the pitch. And he's failed this very basic again tonight. Also, the players looked completely clueless and out of ideas. No idea what the gameplan was besides having de Gea and Maguire pass the ball back and forth.

Can anybody tell me they're not jealous watching Sevilla tonight? An average Sevilla at that. If give anything to have somebody that wants us to play with that aggression and energy. Forget tonight, I've never seen us play anything like that all season. It hammers home how passive we are and boring to watch.

If we get Qatari owners, he will be in trouble (as he should). So far, he has been Sancho of managers. Good at nothing but somehow getting praised.

If we don’t get top four, he should be out in the summer. Otherwise, give him another season but I am scared that we are repeating the same mistakes we have been doing for the last 10 years. Giving both the players and the manager too much time.
Totally agree. Hopefully if Qatar buy us they will be a bit more ruthless than we have been under the Glazers

We’re like 8 games away from the end of the season..what kind of points tally did you expect to secure top 4 at this point?
You’re even Shitting on him for a loss that fecking hasn’t happened yet
Calm down
We'll probably limp over the line now but this was all absolutely avoidable

Yes. If you see things that simplistic, I have no other answer for you than that.

What's complex about not losing 5-2 on agg. to the 13th in La Liga? Tell me. No, forget about just losing, we had 45 minutes out of the total 190 that we looked good against them. No amount of attenuating circumstances should make that acceptable.

ETH deserves criticism for the we've capitulated but I have confidence he will learn from this. Also he's hamstrung by the legacy of shite players he's inherited.

On the plus side, it means less games for us now. More time to smash it in the league.

He will be defined by how ruthless he is this summer. We’re up against one of the greatest managers and club squads in history who are funded by a state - we need to be striving for far better than we currently have. De Gea is the ultimate litmus test of this.

I think we did what we could last summer given the state of the squad and the ''largesse' of the owners. I agree with you about this Summer - I expect at least 10-12 departures and we need 5 quality signings.

Have they sacked Tuchel?
Not yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do by the end of the season. It is the same club who fired Ancelotti one month after the season started (after he had just won the league).

He forces the players to play out from the back despite their limitations. It works when we have some players like Varane and Martinez who are comfortable on the ball, but De Gea to Maguire? That's just asking for trouble.

He’d have the credit if we won though? He has to take some blame too, this isn’t a one off

There's only so much a manager can do. He changed a lot within the team in a short time, and got us playing well again. We've been playing with no proper striker all season, and most of our back up players are rubbish. The last thing we needed today was a De Gea and Maguire special. But we know that both shouldn't be here anymore. What exactly is he supposed to do?

Can anybody tell me they're not jealous watching Sevilla tonight? An average Sevilla at that. If give anything to have somebody that wants us to play with that aggression and energy. Forget tonight, I've never seen us play anything like that all season. It hammers home how passive we are and boring to watch.
I'd wager they played like that because of us, just like Liverpool. When your opponent is mentally fragile, it is easy to bully him

Status
Not open for further replies.