Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like this Pool team are flying high either. Before today both teams were quite equal in goals scored and conceded this season then ETH messes around with team and we face an utter collapse and permanent stain on the club's history. All the good work undone and no sign of fixing it with the right players in the right positions during the game, lets just keep getting rodgered.

20 goals of the 41 we conceded this season came in 4 matches. :lol:

4 from Brentford, 3 from Villa, 6 from City and 7 from Liverpool.

That's shambolic and Ten Hag has to address this if he ever wants to challenge for the league.

We can't be such embarrassing losers whenever we have bad day, for feck suck. Learn how to lose by 1 or 2 goals not fecking 6 or 7. Don't feck up your goal difference.

He was never going to challenge in one season. We could have been ahead in this game in the first half, but our lack of finishers is a huge issue. That wouldn't have happened if we took our 2/3 great chances in the first half.

I think fatigue got to the team here; the squad just doesn't have enough depth at this time. There were so many bad decisions and passes, and slow reactions that it looks like the fatigue is starting to affect the players' mindset in the game.

Yeah it’s not like we have won a trophy and got a nice over the team in 5th. That result means the season starts all over again

I'm talking about public and player perception over his management.

Players are fragile clueless little beings, you know. They need momentum and results to build belief in their manager. Even though this result is largely on the players it will still shatter their faith in the project.

Terrible. He has to take full responsibility for that kind of performance. I don't blame (some) of the players too much because they have been playing a lot of games and few high intensity games in between. Fatigue is a real issue, and EtH for all his pros, he should rotate the players more. I just hope all of them will learn from this huge mistake.
You don’t blame the players for refusing to run back allowing Liverpool to put 6 goals past us in 45 mins?

This 7-0 is going to be talked about for years to come and be laughed at like the 8-2 drubbing we did against Arsenal.

It's more damaging than ya'll comprehend that running ain't going to bring back. Oh well
Who cares about other fans talking shit? I might if I was a child. If we keep getting better, I couldn't care less if they wanna remind us of this result.

He probably picked the right team, but for once wasn’t decisive enough with his subs. There should’ve been changes at half. One or both of the right sided players should’ve been swapped. Can’t wrap my head around both lasting 90 minutes.

He was never going to challenge in one season. We could have been ahead in this game in the first half, but our lack of finishers is a huge issue. That wouldn't have happened if we took our 2/3 great chances in the first half.

I think fatigue got to the team here; the squad just doesn't have enough depth at this time. There were so many bad decisions and passes, and slow reactions that it looks like the fatigue is starting to affect the players' mindset in the game.

He wasn't going to challenge this season but if he doesn't address how we totally collapse when we have bad day, we'll never challenge. You can't win the league when you're losing by such shambolic manner once you have a one bad day. Learn how to keep it tight and lose by 2 goals or something when things aren't going your way.

Yeah right. You think we would have lost by 7 with a back 5? Every manager should have gone for that.

Can you share the data for that? From other thrashings? Liverpool losing to Villa, us losing to City and LiverpooL, Arsenal being twatted multiple times over the years? All moved to back 5?

Hard to really know what went wrong. You can talk about Bruno playing left and Weghorst, but that isn’t the reason for the second half collapse. Didn’t really feel like a tactical problem, more mental - not sure Ten Hag can take much blame for that considering what we’ve done so far this season. It’s a massive backwards step for our confidence though.

I'm glad you can be so happy with losing 7 nil to Liverpool. Good for you.
I’m not happy mate. I’m fuming but I still don’t think it will affect our season. We’re still on target for a top 4 finish and another trophy maybe.

This 7-0 is going to be talked about for years to come and be laughed at like the 8-2 drubbing we did against Arsenal.

It's more damaging than ya'll comprehend that running ain't going to bring back. Oh well
I seem to remember Aston Villa putting 7 past Liverpool not so long ago. Doesn’t get talked about much because everyone knew Liverpool were a good team with a good manager. As we are now under ETH

Can you share the data for that? From other thrashings? Liverpool losing to Villa, us losing to City and LiverpooL, Arsenal being twatted multiple times over the years? All moved to back 5?
You seriously think we would have being beaten by 7 if we went with a back 5? Wow.

Genuinely think some people need to shut up shop and get off this forum. We lost 6-1 at home to Spurs a few years ago, 5-0 at home to Pool and the 6-1 to City. Barely gets spoken about and neither were two of those results the end of Ole.

We'll live. Its not the end of the world. We saw a huge reaction last time around and we're going to see another one again.
But they showed real flaws in Ole as a coach. The same has happened today to ETH. No excuses. You can't lose 7-0 to anybody and think you're making progress. I don't think he can come back from this. The damage done could be beyond repair. So many of this squad just need any excuse to down tools and throw the manager under the bus. They have it now.

Welcome back to the thread Pochettino fans! It'll be nice to have you back until we win a few matches again.
Come on. Why is among our fans always black and white with managers? If manager is shit then it is all on him and when manager is the one (and ETH IS the one) then he is perfect and blameless? Don't tell me that you think that when team loses 7:0, all blame is on players?

Fergie did mistakes. Pep did mistakes. It happens. Eth will learn from that and move on.

I seem to remember Aston Villa putting 7 past Liverpool not so long ago. Doesn’t get talked about much because everyone knew Liverpool were a good team with a good manager. As we are now under ETH

Liverpool and Arsenal at least managed a goal or two in those games.

I still don't understand his dislike for a pure 3-man central midfield.
He got schooled tactically by Klopp today.

I still think we're generally in a good place, and one or two bad defeats were always in the offing purely as a result of how many more fecking games we've played than anyone else with a thin squad.

The manner of the defeat, against a team who have been genuinely shite all season long is horrible, though. You'd have hoped we'd be past this, as we do have more players in the squad with a better mentality than in recent years. Long way to go still in that regard, clearly. I'm especially disappointed in Casemiro and Martinez. How we bounce back is massive.

The Betis game already feels like it'll be a bit of a weird one.

Pretty much completely wipes out every ounce of feelgood factor he has managed to build up during the season, all in just 90 minutes. He will need to win some serious amount of trophies here for people to call this more of a blip rather than an absolute stain on our history.

Like the guy a lot but criticism when it’s due, I don’t know what the feck happened there.

I like ETH but there were some bizarre selections/subs today.

I've never seen a game like it, where literally every defensive mistake leads to a goal, or where the ball just bounces and lands as perfectly for them as it did today.

You've never seen Liverpool play before?

Here I was thinking Bluemoon and RAWK had the worst fanbase until I logged on here.

I still don't understand his dislike for a pure 3-man central midfield.
He got schooled tactically by Klopp today.

Genuinely think some people need to shut up shop and get off this forum. We lost 6-1 at home to Spurs a few years ago, 5-0 at home to Pool and the 6-1 to City. Barely gets spoken about and neither were two of those results the end of Ole.

We'll live. Its not the end of the world. We saw a huge reaction last time around and we're going to see another one again.
Oh the standards. Just another day at the office then.

Just a bunch of football Karens on this forum demanding that everyone be sacked the very instant something doesn't go perfectly. I guess that's how everything else goes for them.

He had a mare. Wout and Dalot should not have started. Rashford not running at Trent is criminal.

We are also tired and have too many games coming up. Facundo should have been playing more. Same with Mainoo.

I'm talking about public and player perception over his management.

Players are fragile clueless little beings, you know. They need momentum and results to build belief in their manager. Even though this result is largely on the players it will still shatter their faith in the project.
It won't.

Probably because they ain't rivals. We will bounce back and have a successful season but this result is going to be damaging for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.