Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If after Brentford he made them run 10 miles - then he should make them all walk home tonight.

Watching United since 83, that was the worst half I have ever seen from any team.

Total collapse. Unforgivable.

Reset back to August in terms of confidence and certainty.

Has to prove it all again.

If he picks Bruno into next season it will end ETH's career here long term. He made his biggest mistake sticking with Martial in the summer he cant afford another one.
Yeah it’s not like we have won a trophy and got a nice over the team in 5th. That result means the season starts all over again

One look at the league table shows nine relegation contenders and eleven "top half" sides: United have only beaten Fulham of those sides this season. We have only even got one further draw against Chelsea. We have lost the other five games to Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Brentford and Villa. We were battered in three of these, and comprehensively beaten in the other two.

Our home form has been astonishing and completely carried and defined this season. A bit of reflection is probably now due that we've been lucky to get the cup draws we have, because there is not not much evidence we would have got to the latter stages were we drawn away at anyone decent. Now we need to really start performing on the road too. We won't have any one-legged cup draws away from home now, but we need to pick up a few wins on the road in our final stretch of league games. We can't afford to give Spurs, Newcastle and Brighton three points.

This feels like the final area ETH has yet to work his magic. Going to Old Trafford every other week feels magical again. Watching on TV is still not much fun at all.

I'm guessing you only mean away games? We have beaten City, Arsenal and Liverpool at Old Trafford, if not.

Even Erik as canny as usually he is will have never really experienced anything like Anfield. He and the whole team had an awful evening. He will learn.

Terrible. He has to take full responsibility for that kind of performance. I don't blame (some) of the players too much because they have been playing a lot of games and few high intensity games in between. Fatigue is a real issue, and EtH for all his pros, he should rotate the players more. I just hope all of them will learn from this huge mistake.

I'm a massive fan of ten Hag but I'm still not sure why he went with Bruno on the left and Weghorst as a 10.

We set up on the counter, which means play two quick players on the wing and a focal point up top.

It was successful against Newcastle and Barcelona in the second half, so why he went back to that today is beyond me.

That being said, there's no excuse for us to capitulate like we did. Utter shambles! Hope this doesn't affect our season too much.

Should have gone 5 at the back after 4-0.

To keep playing 4 at the back is a disgrace.

Welcome back to the thread Pochettino fans! It'll be nice to have you back until we win a few matches again.

When you lose 7:0 then you can't put a blame only on players. ETH didn't do well today.
Trent is their weakness and he decided to not put Rashford on him.
If there is a game when AWB must start instead Dalot then it is Liverpool away.

Bad performance today. It happens to players and it happens to managers. He is still the man without question. BUT he fecked up today.

Oof.

He's got his work cut out for him after that. There've been falls from grace in football than it would take for us to drop out of the top 4 from here, and none of them had a 7-0 loss to your arch rivals as a catalyst. Absolutely essential that we respond instantly, or I'm worried with this group of players -- given how we've seem them capitulate over and over again over the last few years.

One of the most despicable and cowardly displays ever from a United team. And that's not knee jerk. I have full faith in EtH but he has some explaining to do. He set the team up all wrong without any intention to play football - again. And even the players are at fault for giving up, he's there to make sure that just doesn't happen. The buck stops with him.

This 7-0 is going to be talked about for years to come and be laughed at like the 8-2 drubbing we did against Arsenal.

It's more damaging than ya'll comprehend that running ain't going to bring back. Oh well

I think some of these folk genuinely enjoy this. I had a feeling last season as well

They can go on about it for years. They’ll probably lose to Bournemouth next week :lol: Type of team they are… they turn it on against us especially. They still have to get top 4. We’ll finish 3rd and we’ve already won a trophy. That beats anything they’ve done this season… ‘they can have the we beat you 7-0 trophy’

I'm glad you can be so happy with losing 7 nil to Liverpool. Good for you.

Should have packed the midfield first and then adjusted from there. Casemiro and Fred with Wout in front of them isn't enough for us in these big fixtures

Antony had a good first half, but I was surprised ETH didn't play the extra midfielder instead with Bruno on the right. Reminds me of City away earlier in the season. He should have learned from that.

We were due a loss. The worst thing is that it will probably jump start Scouser’s season.

we were not there mentally and ETH will destroy everyone in the team for that.

All the narrative of having mental strength, warriors and winning mentality went out the window today.

We have a massive problem in the club. This just can't happen and worse it happens so often.

Damn Ten Hag..

This is a huge black spot in his record with us..

It doesn't negate all of his outstanding work but this is truly a huge one for Ten Hag..

Feyenoord once put 6 past Ajax under him. Did that "black spot" bother you this whole time? I'm guessing not.

Let's relax. This sort of thing can happen to anyone. SAF against City, Mourinho against Barca, Klopp against Villa, Pep against fecking Leicester, etc.

He didn't do well today, but I want to see how he reacts before I overreact.

I know what kinds of things I want to see. But let's see how he approaches the media and next two games before losing our minds heh?

This 7-0 is going to be talked about for years to come and be laughed at like the 8-2 drubbing we did against Arsenal.

It's more damaging than ya'll comprehend that running ain't going to bring back. Oh well

No it won't if the team react and win more trophies this season. The 8-2 was a sign of Arsenal now being losers

Oh yeah cos the defensive capitulation was all on the choice of centre forward where the alternative is Elanga.

As I said, give your head a wobble.
You don't understand how playing a League 1 player in our most important position and moving everyone else around against Liverpool affects us?

We were poor in the second half but didn't deserve to ship 7 according to xG. The game just ran away and some of the goals were freak luck.

I've never seen a game like it, where literally every defensive mistake leads to a goal, or where the ball just bounces and lands as perfectly for them as it did today.

We gave up after 3-0. That won’t sit well with him.

However it felt like a step backwards setting up to contain them. We were threatening behind them even when the game was gone and yet we didn’t think to exploit their weakness from the off.

Really hard not to go overboard after a result like that but some of those players need dropping for a few games.

Genuinely think some people need to shut up shop and get off this forum. We lost 6-1 at home to Spurs a few years ago, 5-0 at home to Pool and the 6-1 to City. Barely gets spoken about and neither were two of those results the end of Ole.

We'll live. Its not the end of the world. We saw a huge reaction last time around and we're going to see another one again.

7-0 flatters pool and if you don’t see that fair enough. We were poor second half though

Come on , it could easily have been 9 or 10. It was a massacre and we were just like a dear staring at the headlights for that 2nd half. But hard to change a game when you are getting beaten comprehensively everywhere on the pitch.

Oh yeah cos the defensive capitulation was all on the choice of centre forward where the alternative is Elanga.

As I said, give your head a wobble.
We could have played 4-6-0, many teams show they are better without a proper striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.