Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best game for us in a couple of years. Some very good play and good balance. Better tempo and moving the ball well. Set the game up very well today :)

Love the guy. His interviews :lol: He’s such a bloke. Refreshing and funny.

My wife is Belgian and her dad is probably a similar-ish age to Erik and has lots of Belgian and Dutch friends. He's into the whole music festival scene. I can completely imagine Erik being part of his crew, sat at the back where the bars are, talking about BBQs and cement, but in a very fecking animated way.

Imagine watching this Tottenham match and still fuming about the manager. Must make you especially mad that he demolished your binky manager's club. Or was it Poch you wanted and not Conte?
Imagine feeling the need to be petty after a good game... ;)

Great performance, must feel amazing for him to watch this team progress week by week like this. That being said, Tottenham is the perfect match up to showcase "his" football, they've played like cowards for the majority of this season and it's clear they would allow us space and possession. Nonetheless a great match and hopefully we can play like this consistently. A win is one thing, but watching us being in absolute control is the best feeling. Definitely our best game so far.

Also kudos to Fred and the Gea. I've criticized them a lot but they've played superb today!!

I guess we don't have to sign 10 new players to do that.
THIS! OH MY GOD THIS SO MUCH!.
players were surely needed and are still needed but you can see why ETH was not eager to work with Ragnick. All some of these players need is a proper structure to help hide their flaws and they start to blossom. Look at DaGea, since the Everton match his ball playing has been clearly good. Shaw looks the leanest he has been in years. Fred and McTominay are being what we always expected- being proper squad players who come in and perform their duties.

Reactions: Cheimoon
This is the football he wants us to play week in week out. Better finishing and we will be balling.

How he deals with Ronaldo will set the tone for things going forward in general.

We looked like a Ten Hag team tonight. We have beaten good teams this season, Liverpool, Arsenal etc. However, it wasn't in that pressing, controlling style that you associate with Ten Hag's Ajax.

Yes, Spurs' gameplan under Conte is pure sufferball: Low block and counter. So that helped slightly. The way we boxed them in, the way we stopped them playing, the quick counter pressing to keep them trapped, that was pure Ten Hag ball. We haven't really been able to do that before tonight. Even when we did, it was for moments: 10 minutes here, 20 minutes there. Tonight was the real thing.

So Brentford, Brighton, City, Liverpool, Leicester, Arsenal, Sociedad, Saints, you saw this outline in these 8/13 games? I tell me what about those games resembled this?

Could throw in Newcastle also. How were these games similar to this exactly since it was MOST games and I'm willfully ignorant
Are you kidding me? Of course it was clear to see how we played in parts, just go look back at the goals we scored in most of those games and you will see a clear pattern of play that led to goals. Didn't the whole team touch the ball leading to a goal in a game(forgot which game)?

Top class manager. Rather have a progressive manager like him over defensive Conte anyday.

Great manager. Knew it!!! You don't do what he did with Ajax on a fluke. Manager the most important role in football, by a long distance, and he's showing it right away.

Improvement is obvious for all to see. Yet after Newcastle there were 'what does he do in training' and 'I'm not seeing anything' posts.

Our performance tonight just shows what proper coaching can do. We’re improving game by game. We’ve got the right manager in now… another couple of transfer windows and then I think we’ll be complete. He’s improved quite a lot of our current players which shows the quality in a manager.

Improvement is obvious for all to see. Yet after Newcastle there were 'what does he do in training' and 'I'm not seeing anything' posts.
Newcastle was just a 'tired' performance. We're going to get them sometimes, especially playing Thursday/Sunday with such little rotation.

Newcastle was just a 'tired' performance. We're going to get them sometimes, especially playing Thursday/Sunday with such little rotation.
And in such a tired performance we still dominated them the whole of 2nd half. Tells a lot.

I love him, what a manager.
He comes across as both intelligent and crazy at the same time!

If he wins us anything I am going to name my first born “Heh!”

He is doing a fantastic job. Good man management of notoriously weak willed players.

Drops them when he has to, recalls them again unexpectedly to give them another chance. Shaw, Fred and McT come to mind.
I think we can confidently say ETH is honestly frank when saying things. “We are not only building a team but also a squad. Everyone is part of it.”, remember that?

That was the best we've played under ETH, and the way United should be playing. Lovely.
More progress in two months with ETH than in three and a half years with Ole.
Which proves the rebuild doesn't need to take bloody years.
Well done. We finally have a world class manager. At last.

28 shots with 10 on target! We now have ZERO goal difference. This is the real, new start! We will go just simply up and up from now on.

It's been pretty evident since the Liverpool game. You could see it in games, against Leicester for instance, just sadly not for 90 minutes.

How anyone can say the ball retention and movement hasn't improved compared to the past few years is mind boggling. Yes the attack is still wasteful but that'll come good when we get a proper number 9.

It's been pretty evident since the Liverpool game. You could see it in games, against Leicester for instance, just sadly not for 90 minutes.

How anyone can say the ball retention and movement hasn't improved compared to the past few years is mind boggling. Yes the attack is still wasteful but that'll come good when we get a proper number 9.
Whoever says that is either blind or malicious.

So far I have few complaints overall about him. He's the first manager post Sir Alec where you can clearly see his vision when we play. Things are starting to gel as time has gone on. He needs more quality additions. Only then do I think he can achieve his potential because with this much dross in the team he won't get far.

We looked like a Ten Hag team tonight. We have beaten good teams this season, Liverpool, Arsenal etc. However, it wasn't in that pressing, controlling style that you associate with Ten Hag's Ajax.

Yes, Spurs' gameplan under Conte is pure sufferball: Low block and counter. So that helped slightly. The way we boxed them in, the way we stopped them playing, the quick counter pressing to keep them trapped, that was pure Ten Hag ball. We haven't really been able to do that before tonight. Even when we did, it was for moments: 10 minutes here, 20 minutes there. Tonight was the real thing.

:lol: :lol:

Playing positive, dominant football against another top team. Love it.

That was the best we've played under ETH, and the way United should be playing. Lovely.
More progress in two months with ETH than in three and a half years with Ole.
Which proves the rebuild doesn't need to take bloody years.
Well done. We finally have a world class manager. At last.

That's what was so infuriating for me about Ole's reign. All we were hearing is it's a process that'll take years. The best managers don't take years to turn things around on the pitch and the system ETH wants to implement has been there from the beginning. Tonight it just came together in one perfect glimpse of what's to come.

Out of all performances so far under him, I'm sure this is going to be the one ten Hag will love the most, as we dominated it from start to end. When we beat Arsenal 3-1 he mentioned those first 10-15 minutes where we had all of the ball and dominated the game and think he said that's what he'd like to see for 90 minutes. He saw it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.