Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok, so what's going on? This is the exact same report as after McKenna. So either we had no intention of replacing Ten Hag and were just feeling out potential candidates or they have their eyes firmly set on one candidate. Southgate? Poch?

What would have been the point of them meeting with him if they weren't interested in appointing him. It all seems a bit weird

Generally not impressed by the start ineos have made. Happy with berrada but it seemed important we had a good director of football in place for summer so the focus on ashworth (who was clearly going to be hard to obtain) feels like a mistake

Erm Fletcher, Murtough, someone else - take your pick. I'd imagine someone up the hierarchy employs the head of department, who would then be responsible for hiring the department staff.

I think its obvious they have been poor, and from what I have read they are actively addressing it. Starting with the guy from Arsenal.

People are answering them though. What you are wanting is just unreasonable and unrealistic- just so you can blaim EtH. Embarrassed because no matter how many people highlight to you its a ridiculous suggestion, you still persist.

EtH is not going to ignore people who have medical degrees. Period. If they say the player is fit and the player says he is fit then EtH has no reason not to play the player, especially in left back this season.
Why Fletcher?

What would have been the point of them meeting with him if they weren't interested in appointing him. It all seems a bit weird

Generally not impressed by the start ineos have made. Happy with berrada but it seemed important we had a good director of football in place for summer so the focus on ashworth (who was clearly going to be hard to obtain) feels like a mistake

Feels like Lausanne and Nice all over again.

If i was ETH Id wait to the night before gameweek 1 and then resign, this has been an embarrassing shambles from INEOS

De Zerbi and Frank have done nothing to deserve the Man United job. Both are inferior managers than ETH.
100%

My whole time on redcafe, nothing confuses me more than the De Zerbi love-in. He’s literally done nothing. His football being attractive is a myth too. It’s diarrhoea on the eyes.

De Zerbi and Frank have done nothing to deserve the Man United job. Both are inferior managers than ETH.

I don't have an issue going with someone like RDZ. Proven winners have failed, it's not the defining factor, especially here. De Zerbi at the very least will indicate that we want to be more progressive and dominant on the ball. Whether he has the ability to transfer that to a big team is to be determined, but many things are. Including if ETH can turn around his team thats been in decline for about 1.5 years.

I mean the point to meet is clear no? To see if the manager is aligned with the structure that the club will have in place, and whether their ideas fit the club's. It looks like Tuchel's wasn't - and seeing as they were initially unsure on him its fairly plausible that he wasn't able to turn around their opinions.

Praying for De Zerbi, expecting Southgate
De Zerbi with the right signings could work. Southgate seems more likely if we keep Ten Hag and sack him mid season, as there would be even fewer options then. He's the safe choice.

I think INEOS’s position on Ten Hag is clear. When you’re having sit downs with potential replacements it hardly screams out you’ve got much faith in the current manager.

It's a bit like when you get tired of your girlfriend so you go and shag other birds but decide to keep your girlfriend anyway.

Or is it just me who does that?

I mean the point to meet is clear no? To see if the manager is aligned with the structure that the club will have in place, and whether their ideas fit the club's. It looks like Tuchel's wasn't - and seeing as they were initially unsure on him its fairly plausible that he wasn't able to turn around their opinions.
Surely tuchels style of management is well known enough not to require a meeting to determine that. Also, if they really are focusing on getting a manager that fits their plans for the club why are the names being linked so varied in terms of the style of football they prefer, management style and experience?

It's a bit like when you get tired of your girlfriend so you go and shag other birds but decide to keep your girlfriend anyway.

Or is it just me who does that?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:If your girlfriend doesn't know what is happening or is ok with it then you must be having quite a life.

I think INEOS’s position on Ten Hag is clear. When you’re having sit downs with potential replacements it hardly screams out you’ve got much faith in the current manager.

Sack him then. Don't feck him about with a "review", making his position untenable regardless.

Surely tuchels style of management is well known enough not to require a meeting to determine that. Also, if they really are focusing on getting a manager that fits their plans for the club why are the names being linked so varied in terms of the style of football they prefer, management style and experience?
I'm sorry your sentence doesn't much make sense - are you suggesting managers who are known in management style from the outside shouldn't be interviewed or scoped out before being hired?

Last edited:
Debatable. His Brighton side played scintillating football last season and outscored us by 14 goals despite our amazing 3rd placed finish.
I am not sure about de zerbi but claiming his style of football is boring is surely nonsense, does also have to be recognised they lost a number of key players this season they didn't adequately replace

Debatable. His Brighton side played scintillating football last season and outscored us by 14 goals despite our amazing 3rd placed finish.
Problem with De Zerbi is his defending. Also the rigidity of his system can be ridiculous at times and just seems high risk with little reward

Scored fourteen more goals, took six points off us yet failed to finish above us or win a trophy.

de Zerbi cannot seriously be considered an upgrade. Rather, his would be a 'company' appointment. Sign some Ineos players. Play the Ineos way. Sacked after two middling, tophy-free seasons for god knows who. Poch, probably.

Change qua change. What's the point?

Maybe we are just going to dither until Southgate becomes available

It's possible, but hopefully will never come to pass.

Well that shortlist is down to Southgate (urgh please no) De Zerbi or someone not even mentioned

100%

My whole time on redcafe, nothing confuses me more than the De Zerbi love-in. He’s literally done nothing. His football being attractive is a myth too. It’s diarrhoea on the eyes.

I really like him. You’ll see the job he done next season when Brighton are in a relegation scrap. That squad he had this past season was dire, easily one of the worst squads in the league when taking into account the injuries he had to deal with

These guys seem as indecisive and clueless as the Glazers. Should’ve sacked him straight after the final and known who they were going to appoint. Now we have this drama hanging over us and doesn’t look like it’ll be resolved until July at the earliest, and to cap it off we’ve paid big money to bring these footballing guys in and the best they’ve come up with Southgate apparently.

Cannot shake the feeling that Southgate is Ineos' man and they're waiting till England exit the Euros to appoint him. If it happens then this new era is over before it's started and we'll be a banter club for another ten years.

Big day someday.

It's gonna end up with ETH staying.

They're obviously not that keen to sack him - or they would have done it already regardless. They also wanted to see if they liked the other options better, and it seems like it isn't happening. So they'll boot the ball forward.

I'm sorry your sentence doesn't much make sense - are you suggesting managers who are known in management style from the outside shouldn't be interviewed or scoped out before being hired?
I am suggesting a competent club might have a better idea of the type of manager they are looking for than we seem to

I reckon ETH is going to come back from his holidays and be straight away called in to see his bosses and told it’s over

next day Poch will be announced

What a bizarre situation. Weeks later and they're still interviewing replacements, and presumably leaving Ten Hag hanging whilst they take their sweet time being "diligent".

I'd be surprised if Ten Hag even wanted to continue after all this.

So you’re happy to wait for berrada but not for his pick of DoF

Scored fourteen more goals, took six points off us yet failed to finish above us or win a trophy.

de Zerbi cannot seriously be considered an upgrade. Rather, his would be a 'company' appointment. Sign some Ineos players. Play the Ineos way. Sacked after two middling, tophy-free seasons for god knows who. Poch, probably.

Change qua change. What's the point?
Thing is, you cannot expect to find a dynasty building manager in the current market when even the likes of Bayern are struggling. Names like Alonso and Nagelsmann are better but unavailable. If Ineos feels that ETH isn't taking us anywhere, then De Zerbi's style fits the type of football we'd like to play, brave attacking football. Even if he doesn't win any trophies for the next two years, as long as we're developing an attacking mentality and scoring freely again, we'd be in a much better position to move forward, bit like pool under BR then to Klopp, seamless transition.

If he walked he wouldnt get paid off which isnt ideal if you're EtH, could he claim constructive dismissal? There's been discussions with potential replacements so surely he'd have a case?

Some reports saying met and meeting went poorly/average.

Status
Not open for further replies.