Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was half way through the season, before they fecked up the Casemiro hamstring injury if I recall. Moreover, my point stands - Shaw trained. He consulted with Shaw as well as the medical team.

There is a week between games. Ten hag showed the right amount of pragmatism at the time.

Out of interest which other occasions did the medical give Ten Hag bad advice that lead to players returning too early and getting injured again?

The public nature of this has been regretable. I can't see how he continues. If they keep him, he's been undermined.

Ok, so what's going on? This is the exact same report as after McKenna. So either we had no intention of replacing Ten Hag and were just feeling out potential candidates or they have their eyes firmly set on one candidate. Southgate? Poch?

Its not i everyones interests. Why would they waste a season on a manager that they dont want. And that toxic relationship between eth and the owners. He knows they dont want him. Best for everyone is to sack him. Cleary they have lined up a canditate, he is gonna get sacked this week.

Just to be clear, I have said before that he should be sacked and have stated that in my poll option above. However, if you go back and read my original post, I've said that they're waiting for the right candidate. If they have that person, then great, let's go ahead. But, I can 100% foresee a scenario where the club keep hold of him until that person comes up, if they can't find that upgrade this summer.

There's a danger that we make a worse appointment and go even further backwards. We can't just sack the guy and get anyone in. There has to be a direction and there has to be a plan.

After seeing what has happened with players that he knew, recommended and selected, I dread to see what he would do with players selected and bought by others.The pro-Hag crowd on caf would concoct 6,000 excuses when the thrashings start again. Oh this one was too short, the other one too lanky, that player isn't technical, this other one is too technical,the new recruits have made the core too British, this one doesn't understand the manager and doesn't follow instructions, this one doesn't smile when substituted which suggests he is indisciplined and insolent, this one smiles too much and affects the concentration of 'poor' Ten Hag..and so on.

Then the justifications will begin...ooh the thrashings keep coming because our poor Hag was hung out to dry by the recruitment team and was not consulted....oh the players should first have had psychological tests to see if they had a winning mentally to match the manager.....oh the INEOS team dont 'feel' Ten Hag and don't understand his genius...oh even the thrashings are not too bad considering poor Hag is bedding in the new players and he is the first manager in the history of mankind to handle such a diverse group..and so on.

The modern way for football seems to be that it doesn't just come down to the manager who comes in or out. E.g. the players are scouted through the system, then the higher-ups identify which players to bring in, and then the manager finds a way of making them all play together. I actually think it makes more sense that way and I'm all for it, and the manager has to be a part of those conversations to some degree. But, the manager's main job is to work with the squad they've got and play the best football possible, obtaining the best results possible with that group. Imo, ETH hasn't been able to do that.

Ineos being incompetent at managing a sports team shouldnt surprise anyone.

We laughed at Bayern Munich now we are the laughing stock, a joke a club if you will.
Bayern would have rathered the manager they sacked than the manager they hired. This is a fact. Bayern are definitely more of a laughing stock.

Just keep ETH for one more season and see
No exciting candidates and he does have two trophies in two seasons which has not been a regular after Ferguson retired

Doing all of this in public and stretching it out over weeks is rank incompetence.

I am on the ETHout camp but honetly if I was ETH and knowing I am not their first choice I would just leave.

Are they being forced to replace ETH? The way they are scrambling to find the right coach while keeping ETH in the dark looks like incompetence. And it’s going to look even worse if they settle for ETH in the end

Also having talks with managers of wildly different play styles is strange to me. Compare this to how Chelsea or Liverpool did theirs, it’s easy to understand the direction they were going with.

What an absolute shitshow. Ten Hag should just walk at this stage. What if he stays now? He'll stay knowing that his bosses interviewed a multitude of candidates for his job because they deemed him not fit for purpose. Who would work in that environment?

Shocking start from INEOS, absolutely shocking.

Just keep ETH for one more season and see No exciting and he does have two trophies in two seasons which has not been a regular after Ferguson retired
Mourinho did win three trophies in one season(if the community shield is counted as a trophy).So while it is commendable for the Hag,it is really not that big a deal.His other body of work is horrendous,especially this season.

They did such a good job in France and Switzerland who could have seen this coming??

Farce as per usual

Meet your new corporate messiahs, not that much different from the old overlords.

The manager goes by the medical staff recommendations. The medical staff have shown on multiple occasions to be wrong about the player readiness. It's outstanding how people will clutch to primarily blaming the manager by default.

It's not blaming the manager by default but the manager names the team and any halfwit could tell that playing Shaw in the Luton game was a risk.

It's staggering how much people are willing to ignore all ten hags mistakes this season because of injuries and then completely ignore the ways in which he might have contributed to those

Meet your new corporate messiahs, not that much different from the old overlords.

The old overlords at least would have sacked ETH at christmas and wouldnt touch Southgate with a barge pole. For fear of the fans.

Are they being forced to replace ETH? The way they are scrambling to find the right coach while keeping ETH in the dark looks like incompetence. And it’s going to look even worse if they settle for ETH in the end

Also having talks with managers of wildly different play styles is strange to me. Compare this to how Chelsea or Liverpool did theirs, it’s easy to understand the direction they were going with.

Strange isn't it? I also find it hard to understand why INEOS have left it so late? Aren't they supposedly better run than this? Wasn't there weeks/months of planning ahead? Or is it all media talk? Has Wilcox/Berrada or someone else changed the plans? The plot thickens.

Out of interest which other occasions did the medical give Ten Hag bad advice that lead to players returning too early and getting injured again?
Another public example was when the medical staff said Casemiro was fit, he got a second opinion in Brazil and it was discovered he was carrying a hamstring injury.

It's not blaming the manager by default but the manager names the team and any halfwit could tell that playing Shaw in the Luton game was a risk.

It's staggering how much people are willing to ignore all ten hags mistakes this season because of injuries and then completely ignore the ways in which he might have contributed to those
I think it's halfwit to suggest a manager is to blame for selecting a player who was 1) green lit by the medical staff and 2) green lit by the player himself.

What an absolute shitshow. Ten Hag should just walk at this stage. What if he stays now? He'll stay knowing that his bosses interviewed a multitude of candidates for his job because they deemed him not fit for purpose. Who would work in that environment?

Shocking start from INEOS, absolutely shocking.

Think it's still likely that he gets sacked, and if he is going to get sacked, he may as well get a nice payout for it rather than resigning and forfeiting a large chunk of money to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.