Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poch or De Zerbi it is then, as they very clearly don't want to keep Ten Hag.

I won't even consider Southgate as an option.

He wasn't offered it then.
Yeah I think we got ahead of ourselves with that reported meeting. United have most likely held face to face talks to with a number of candidates.

Going by the shortlist reported by the Times a couple of weeks ago, it's down to Poch or Frank.

As I said, he hasnt got better qualifications than they do in the medical department, and he still did his bit by checking in with the player first. He had a green light from both, so no its not exactly on him.

It's not exactly on him no, all i've said is it's possible that Ten Hag is at least partly to blame if he kept following bad advice over and over again. Do you think he bears any responsibility?

Do you think he could have started taking a more conservative approach to reintroducing players after injury?

And who was filling those roles last season?

I'm just interested, I don't know how good they are or if they are/were at fault for our our injury problems last season.

I'm mostly just asking questions that people seem very reluctant to answer. So why would I feel embarrassed, I'm not the one actually making any claims or saying I know what's been happening behind the scenes at United in regards to injuries.

Erm Fletcher, Murtough, someone else - take your pick. I'd imagine someone up the hierarchy employs the head of department, who would then be responsible for hiring the department staff.

I think its obvious they have been poor, and from what I have read they are actively addressing it. Starting with the guy from Arsenal.

People are answering them though. What you are wanting is just unreasonable and unrealistic- just so you can blaim EtH. Embarrassed because no matter how many people highlight to you its a ridiculous suggestion, you still persist.

EtH is not going to ignore people who have medical degrees. Period. If they say the player is fit and the player says he is fit then EtH has no reason not to play the player, especially in left back this season.

Only appointment that i would have considered as upgrade is not available anymore.

Yeah I think we got ahead of ourselves with that reported meeting. United have most likely held face to face talks to with a number of candidates.

Going by the shortlist reported by the Times a couple of weeks ago, it's down to Poch or Frank.

Dam I fogot about Frank.

De Zerbi must surely have been considered at some point aswell.

I've asked people to consider the possibility that a manager can choose not to follow advice.
Would you be okay with him not following the advice and actually rushing back players earlier than advised then? Cause there might be cases where the player is actually available but the medical staff has advised he isn't as we have now established their advice is shit. Is that what we want?

Tuchel vs Ten Hag, I could understand the discussion.

Pochettino, Frank or Southgate shouldn't even be near the conversation. Just stick with Ten Hag and if we're not doing well by autumn, revisit tuchel, or see who else is available.

It's not exactly on him no, all i've said is it's possible that Ten Hag is at least partly to blame if he kept following bad advice over and over again. Do you think he bears any responsibility?

Do you think he could have started taking a more conservative approach to reintroducing players after injury?
Managers will be obligated to trust their medical staff even if they have underperfomed, because they can't exactly go out and revamp their backroom mid season.

On hindsight of course I do think he could have managed Shaw better, becsuse Shaw wasn't fit. But Shaw himself said he's fine to play and the medical staff suggested the same. So in that moment I don't think there's any blame in the manager taking both sides views, having a green light and then deciding ok, il play him.

It is clear ETH is not their preferred choice. Lets say it was Tuchel now they will go for Plan B

Erm Fletcher, Murtough, someone else - take your pick. I'd imagine someone up the hierarchy employs the head of department, who would then be responsible for hiring the department staff.

I think its obvious they have been poor, and from what I have read they are actively addressing it. Starting with the guy from Arsenal.

People are answering them though. What you are wanting is just unreasonable and unrealistic- just so you can blaim EtH. Embarrassed because no matter how many people highlight to you its a ridiculous suggestion, you still persist.

EtH is not going to ignore people who have medical degrees. Period. If they say the player is fit and the player says he is fit then EtH has no reason not to play the player, especially in left back this season.

If it's obvious to you from outside the club with limited information. Wouldn't it have also been obvious to someone working inside the club?

If it's obvious to you from outside the club with limited information. Wouldn't it have also been obvious to someone working inside the club?
Yes, it is. But they can't overhaul this mid season. They've already started with changes now.

??? am I lying? The sentiment for Ten Hag changed substantially after the FA Cup win. Am I crazy for thinking that if Southgate wins the Euros (unlikely) the sentiment for him would change considerably too?
Honestly thought it was an attempt to wind up the Ten Hag acolytes :lol:

I agree that far too much stock is being placed on that one match for Ten Hag. Some definitely flip-flopped off the back of the FA Cup win, but a sizeable amount of United fans already wanted him to stay. Southgate won't be afforded that same benefit of the doubt because there's a lot of opposition to his appointment.

Again in hindsight it's easy to say this now but he wouldnt know they were giving shit advice at that time. He's not the one with medical degrees who spent their whole life working as doctors/physios to know better. He obviously chose to trust those with actual qualifications.

The club clearly identified problems with the medical department and is looking to improve it now with hiring a new physio. Feels like the manager is catching strays for literally everything wrong at the club. Next he will be getting blamed for the leaking roof at OT probably.

Well apparently they gave him shit advice on multiple occasions. Which lead to more than one player getting injured or aggrevating injuries as they weren't ready to play yet.

At what point should he at least consider that they were giving him shit advice? How many times would it need to happen before you think it would be reasonabe for him to question the advice?

Is this just the latest round of guesswork by the media? How ETH was definitely going to be sacked right after the final? Then by the end of the week? Then the following Monday? And then the end of that week?

It’s over. He’s staying :(
I still refuse to believe a manager who finished 8th with a negative goal difference will still be managing this football club next season

So that’s why it’s taking so long. We were busy getting rejected by Tuchel.

Am I being too elaborate to think that this past two-week review where Ratcliffe sounded out various other potential candidates could have been used to identify issues with the squad and how these different candidates would have chosen to address them to inform our own planning?

It just seems weird that any time there has been concrete reporting that we have met with a certain manager (Tuchel, McKenna), within an hour, it has turned out that they are not getting the job. Why? All I can think of is that the ownership have told them they aren't getting it.

Managers will be obligated to trust their medical staff even if they have underperfomed, because they can't exactly go out and revamp their backroom mid season.

On hindsight of course I do think he could have managed Shaw better, becsuse Shaw wasn't fit. But Shaw himself said he's fine to play and the medical staff suggested the same. So in that moment I don't think there's any blame in the manager taking both sides views, having a green light and then deciding ok, il play him.

Yes, it is. But they can't overhaul this mid season. They've already started with changes now.

Yes, yes we've covered that of course that isn't practical.

But you don't think it's within his power to have started taking a more conservative approach to reintroducing players after injury?

Especially if after as you say the medical team were way too hasty on multiple occasions in declaring a player fit to return when they actually were not.

So in the space of an hour its hopes up/hopes dashed. (Depending on point of view obviously).

Tuchels interview must have been really bad to say he hasnt been offered the role or else our offer was abysmal.

I dont want to believe the Southgate rumours personally so looks like hes staying.

Yes, yes we've covered that of course that isn't practical.

But you don't think it's within his power to have started taking a more conservative approach to reintroducing players after injury?

Especially if after as you say the medical team were way to hasty on multiple occasions in declaring a player fit to return when they actually were not.
How conservative does he need to get? He got a green light from the player too when he checked in. It's just nit picking at this stage. I can totally understand if he twisted a players arm to play or do what Ole did and oblige them to play through painkillers, but he didn't.

Ratcliffe meets tuchel in Monte Carlo .

Where are the 'best in class' guys ? Were they not involved .

Tuchel not interested .

Hold on a minute , he was really interested before he wasn't interested . The plot thickens.

These journos are seriously doing some heavy lifting here .

So in the space of an hour its hopes up/hopes dashed. (Depending on point of view obviously).

Tuchels interview must have been really bad to say he hasnt been offered the role or else our offer was abysmal.

I dont want to believe the Southgate rumours personally so looks like hes staying.

How can he possibly be staying now if they have been holding face to face meetings with other managers? Why would he even want to stay at the club if thats the case?

Or, he genuinely does just want a break from football so has declined the offer at this time.

He's absolutely sacked. How do you speak to managers during a supposed "review" if you're keeping him on? What's happened is, the owners thought he was losing that final, so planned on sacking him and he's publicly put a spanner in their plans. Now they look the bad guys by making a decision they clearly want to make.

How conservative does he need to get? He got a green light from the player too when he checked in. It's just nit picking at this stage. I can totally understand if he twisted a players arm to play or do what Ole did and oblige them to play through painkillers, but he didn't.

Well if returning players kept getting reinjured could he not add a week to even two to the return schedule the medical team had been advising?

Players will quite often say they are fit and ready even when they are not. As was the case with Shaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.