Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honeslty McKenna would be the only person I'd want taking over if ETH went and it now looks like he's about to extend at Ipswich.

Really not happy with the league / Cl performance this season. But for some reason I still think ETH could achieve great things, not felt that with the previous managers.

Surprised nobody has shown TRA statement unless I missed it?

As much as I appreciate our match going fans for the support they show the team, they are also complicit in our mediocrity. After our 8th place finish they were signing the manager’s name and applauding the team, which is a complete joke. We make fun of clubs like Real Madrid because of how their fans turn on managers so quickly, but 14, about to be 15 European Cups tells a different story. There’s turning on your manager too soon, and there’s wilfully supporting mediocrity. Our fans often act like they are superior because they support the manager no matter what, but to what end? Because it’s never been rewarded with success.

There are a lot of us who have supported United our entire lives and either grew up somewhere else, or life took us elsewhere, but our voices don’t count? I agree that most internet fans are far too reactionary and knee jerk, but there are legions of die hard United fans who no longer, or never lived in Manchester, and we are as devoted to the club as any match going fan. Every time I want to see the team play I have to take time off from work and spend thousands to fly home and do so. But I do it. And whenever I do, I am shocked at how willing the match going fans are to put up with such shit on the pitch.

Blah Blah Blah - Saturday was mint if you don’t at least consider keeping ETH after that you’re a wrongun.

Unless you've been framing yourself as competent new owners who won't be held prisoners by dumb reactionary fan sentiment like the last lot.

WHY are people upset that people change their minds after we beat the best team in the world deservedly in an FA Cup Final?

“ha ha! You fools! I’m not like you, I don’t let trophies and emotions override my main footballing focus. Logic and numbers.”

Blah Blah Blah - Saturday was mint if you don’t at least consider keeping ETH after that you’re a wrongun.

You'd fix all the world's problems with that kind of attitude. Ludicrous.

Because most people are above 12 years of age.

You don’t get this football club.

In two posts in the last page you’ve demonstrated that. Instead of listening to the match goers and thinking “I’ll learn from them on how to support a club” you arrogantly think you - The Firestarter from a country thousands of miles away knows more than those fans and they’re just “accepting mediocrity”.

You don’t get it.

In two posts in the last page you’ve demonstrated that. Instead of listening to the match goers and thinking “I’ll learn from them on how to support a club” you arrogantly think you - The Firestarter from a country thousands of miles away knows more than those fans and they’re just “accepting mediocrity”.

You don’t get it.

:lol:

What a load of drivel.

You'd fix all the world's problems with that kind of attitude. Ludicrous.

Don’t give a shit about world problems when I’m talking about a football club manager. He won the cup against our bitter rivals and some of you are acting like this is a minor inconvenience in your desire to see him sacked. Weird

I don't think it does. ETH is under contract. Perhaps if there was a candidate who was a clear choice, a decision could be made, but i don't think there is a candidate like that so i think INEOS would find it tenable to give ETH another year while they do long-term planning.

Making a decision also includes the possibilty of keeping him, of course.

You don’t get it.
No, unfortunately I do. I also remember your posts during the Jose era. Somehow you didn't quite get behind the manager back then did you?

Manchester United managerial role is not the typical managerial role, and I don't believe it is remunerated as such (could be wrong). Nonetheless, "a manager demonstrated commitment and professionalism, and the ability to maintain focus and guide the team [to it's worst ever prem finish]" just sounds like, what a manager is supposed to do, no?
Let's not overlook the fact that Ten Hag inherited a dysfunctional dressing room full of egos and lacking in discipline. He has to deal with many off-field challenges involving Ronaldo, Sancho, Rashford and Anthony as well as ownership saga which are far from typical for a new manager responsibility. Sir Ratcliffe himself has suggested that perhaps United's off-field structure, rather than the manager, contributed for the repeated failures since Sir Alex's retirement.

I agree that United's Premier League and Champions League results have been disappointing this season for different reasons. However, considering his achievements, including a third-place finish, three finals, and two trophies, one could argue that Ten Hag has exceeded expectations during his two seasons at United.

You don’t get it.
Love this idea that if you spend money to watch the games you know more than anyone else. Fecking wild logic.

Love this idea that if you spend money to watch the games you know more than anyone else. Fecking wild logic.

You know more about the traditions and ideals of the club obviously. As, yknow, they’re the ones at the game supporting the lads.

I love how people jump on me for posts like this, but saying “ugh the match goers are accepting mediocrity” is apparently fine.

Why do you think the letter the “players” wrote to the fans specifically mentioned the fans from Manchester first? Why do you think they’ve all mentioned the support against Crystal Palace?

They have a connection to the club and the players and to look down on them supporting the club as “accepting mediocrity” is incredibly dumb.

Your first post after an FA cup win was to ask for the manager to go.

you also don’t get it.

You're in no position to tell anyone that they don't get it.

You're a WUM parading as a United fan. Your 1st thread after Jose was sacked was that we got this club back finally. Despite you posting this thread a year ago. https://www.redcafe.net/threads/the...ication-in-calling-for-mourinhos-head.433656/

Then a few months later after you celebrated the Jose sacking, you posted this

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/who...ppalling-shambolic-transfer-decisions.446776/ - " Look at these signings. Just fecking look at the scumbags. I hate pretty much every one. " Your words.

You proceeded to call the players scumbags and you have the audacity to call out other posters when they criticize certain people of the club and proclaim they don't get it. What happened to supporting the players then too? They're part of the club.

LVG won the FA Cup and had a more successful season than ETH on every tangible metric possible. He also deserved to get sacked.

Spare us with your nonsense.

Let's not overlook the fact that Ten Hag inherited a dysfunctional dressing room full of egos and lacking in discipline. He has to deal with many off-field challenges involving Ronaldo, Sancho, Rashford and Anthony as well as ownership saga which are far from typical for a new manager responsibility. Sir Ratcliffe himself has suggested that perhaps United's off-field structure, rather than the manager, contributed for the repeated failures since Sir Alex's retirement.

I agree that United's Premier League and Champions League results have been disappointing this season for different reasons. However, considering his achievements, including a third-place finish, three finals, and two trophies, one could argue that Ten Hag has exceeded expectations during his two seasons at United.

He's also had to deal with his own shortcomings and stubbornness yet deflects often.

You know more about the traditions and ideals of the club obviously. As, yknow, they’re the ones at the game supporting the lads.

I love how people jump on me for posts like this, but saying “ugh the match goers are accepting mediocrity” is apparently fine.

Why do you think the letter the “players” wrote to the fans specifically mentioned the fans from Manchester first? Why do you think they’ve all mentioned the support against Crystal Palace?

They have a connection to the club and the players and to look down on them supporting the club as “accepting mediocrity” is incredibly dumb.
Mediocrity is exactly right. It's even getting below the middle point . An FA Cup just won't change that. We've always been about the league. You as a top fan should know these things.

The speculations about Ten Hag's future are becoming too much of a talking point, and delaying the review timeframe in which it will be conducted is going to open a can of worms for INEOS. It's baffling to me that allegedly they haven't decided what to do. Other teams, like Bayern and Barca came out with statements that they would have their coaches at the end of the season leave with mutual consent. So, it's not something unprecedented.

This dithering over what to do with Ten Hag does not look good for INEOS. If you have decided to move on, and interview candidates, at least inform Ten Hag. He deserved at least that, and made it official upon mutual agreement a few weeks later.

This Muppetier guy was in the know for a lot of things when the takeover was happening, and he kept beating about Ten Hag's inability to let go off control over the transfers, where INEOS will want full control, long before the season came to an end. The fact that he thinks that INEOS wants a new coach, it means that the decision to sack him is already taken, and INEOS is buying time to get the new coach agreed upon based on this delayed review.

I hope we will hear something soon. Cant take this not knowing for too long. PTSD from the original Glazers kicking all the important decisions down the road.

Oh you can absolutely guarantee that change isn’t his strong point
We know it is yours after you posted:

“Okay, so you don't care about being associated with a murdering, oppressive regime. That says a hell of a lot about you more than anything else if you'd rather be associated with that to win a few football games. But lets forget about that for a moment, you'd also rather them turn us into something similar to PSG? And that rests well with you? fecking hell, just support City”

And then later spent hundreds of posts begging for Qatar to take us over.

You’re annoyed at me because your opinions constantly change. I stay true to my beliefs, not change them at the drop of a hat mate sorrt.

Some people here actually think they know better than those who go to matches regularly though.
I mean, I go to games. Manchester based fans like me, you, everyone else, aren't better fans than those who live elsewhere. We shouldn't look down on anyone. We're all in the same boat in terms of loving the club and wanting what's best for it.

Sure, we disagree on what we think is best for the club, but we can still be respectful to one another.

You're a WUM parading as a United fan. Your 1st thread after Jose was sacked was that we got this club back finally. Despite you posting this thread a year ago. https://www.redcafe.net/threads/the...ication-in-calling-for-mourinhos-head.433656/

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/who...ppalling-shambolic-transfer-decisions.446776/ - " Look at these signings. Just fecking look at the scumbags. I hate pretty much every one. " Your words.

You proceeded to call the players scumbags and you have the audacity to call out other posters when they criticize certain people of the club and proclaim they don't get it. What happened to supporting the players then too? They're part of the club.

LVG won the FA Cup and had a more successful season than ETH on every tangible metric possible. He also deserved to get sacked.

Exactly the content I was referring too. Top supporter stuff, I assume the "scumbags" was a term of affection. I am envious of such dedicated fans.

Why are you literally posting threads where I made class points and was proven right to argue against me?

‘Accepting mediocrity’ is the latest catchphrase for those who are too impatient and emotionally immature to understand why we can’t just become CL champions overnight to throw at those who will support the club even when things are bad.
Its up their with ‘ETH cultists’ and ‘top red’. Pathetic

Exactly the content I was referring too. Top supporter stuff, I assume the "scumbags" was a term of affection. I am envious of such dedicated fans.

If you or your mate can genuinely not understand I wasn’t actually calling Lee Grant and Varela scumbags and was just posting hyperbolic nonsense, you’ve lost your head.

If you can’t see that Mourinho and Ten Hag represent United in different ways/ you’re blind.

Support your club. Support your manager. Support the lads who give it their all in the shirt.
That’s it!

If you or your mate can genuinely not understand I wasn’t actually calling Lee Grant and Varela scumbags and was just posting hyperbolic nonsense, you’ve lost your head.

If you can’t see that Mourinho and Ten Hag represent United in different ways/ you’re blind.

Support your club. Support your manager. Support the lads who give it their all in the shirt.
That’s it!

We're all used to that since you post that all the time.

As for the 2nd bolded: You have no issues with ETH defending Overmars?

I mean, I go to games. Manchester based fans like me, you, everyone else, aren't better fans than those who live elsewhere. We shouldn't look down on anyone. We're all in the same boat in terms of loving the club and wanting what's best for it.

Sure, we disagree on what we think is best for the club, but we can still be respectful to one another.

Oh boohoo. If you come on after an FA cup final win and ask for the manager to be sacked you aren’t a proper fan and you don’t do football right.

feck knows why this is so controversial on here. Our matchgoing fans are class and influence how the rest of the club fanbase should behave.

Status
Not open for further replies.