Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see a private fans only poll where rival fans who want Ten Hag to stay can't vote. It would probably still be 50% but it wouldn't be such a majority.
Why would rival fans, outside of a few weirdos, ever vote on these? I get the joke but has anyone on here ever done it for other teams?

So, it appears that the Guardian has published a misleading article, spreading false rumors about Erik ten Hag's potential sacking. Such irresponsible journalism. I didn’t know the Guardian is also nothing more than a rag.
It is a rag, but the caf is biased towards it anyway.

I want him to stay but this will be a close call In the boardroom. If he survives then patience with him will be very thin on the ground. In the first month or two I think he is only ever going to be one humiliating defeat from the sack. If we are rocking along nicely and in top two or three come Xmas then he will very likely be able to absorb a one off battering by a Palace, Bournemouth etc but not if one of these happen early doors. I think he’ll hang on but my guess is the representatives of Pochettino, Frank, McKenna etc will have been sounded out and told to have their phones at the ready from kick off in August.

So its roughly a 50/50 split on the caf which means things will get spicey in here if things go tits up no matter who ends up doing the job.

Do you really think a large amount of rival fans care this much to go out of their way on Manchester affiliated journalist Poll and vote for Ten Hag for shits and giggles?

Of course they would.

This was 20 years ago when internet access wasn't nearly as ubiquitous as it is these days.

The reason for Bell being so upset is that his name had polled the most votes when the club's supporters were asked in March to decide from a six-man short list who most deserved the honour. His family were told he had "convincingly won", only to learn seven months later that the stand would "definitely not" be named after him.

City's explanation is that they suspected rival fans had "hijacked" the Internet vote, and Wardle says he has ordered an investigation. "I am concerned about this whole issue," he said. They feared the player had been voted for so that fans from other clubs would have the opportunity to refer to the stand as the Bell End."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2003/oct/28/newsstory.sport2

This what makes me think they will go with a new man in charge of 1st team.

Is Ten Hag going to change his ways or as he says alot his principles in his team.

Is he the kind of man that will accept what INEOS are going to do and dictate.
Can you see De Zerbi going with that? Tuchel?

So its roughly a 50/50 split on the caf which means things will get spicey in here if things go tits up no matter who ends up doing the job.

I dont know. I am very much in the camp that wants a reset but if Ineos decide that they believe in Ten Hag and he is willing to work under the new structure I will back him.

Of course they would.

This was 20 years ago when internet access wasn't nearly as ubiquitous as it is these days.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2003/oct/28/newsstory.sport2
Here's what we know:

- match going fans still chant his name
- Mitten himself who is close to the fanbase and with MUST is not only of the opinion that he should get another season, but that this is the sentiment among our fans too.
- fans have written an open letter (though I'm unsure on the source to be fair).
- polls have him overwhelmingly in favour.

If we assume some rival fans are having banter, what % is that? Given all the above?

I dont know. I am very much in the camp that wants a reset but if Ineos decide that they believe in Ten Hag and he is willing to work under the new structure I will back him.
Well I guess thats settled, if you are ok either way everyone else will be too

So, it appears that the Guardian has published a misleading article, spreading false rumors about Erik ten Hag's potential sacking. Such irresponsible journalism. I didn’t know the Guardian is also nothing more than a rag.
They should be ashamed of themselves. I’d love him to be kept on for other reasons, but an added bonus would be to stick it to Lineker, Shearer and that douchebag from the Guardian. Subscription no more there, for sure.

I have a feeling he will stay now. The FA Cup win has created more of a feel good factor around the club, and we are not ending the season on a low. But more importantly the alternatives are just so underwhelming. Chelsea look set to hire a manager that has never managed in the top flight anywhere, Liverpool got a manager no-one's ever heard of, Bayern are about sign a manager that just got a club relegated, etc.

What are our options? Tuchel who falls out with every club he manages or Pochettino who we know don't have the minerals to take us to the top anyway? There is enough reason for INEOS to keep ETH around. At least he has delivered two trophies, and he actually seems to have a good relationship with the players (Sancho excluded). I also feel like it would have happened already if they were going to fire him.

This is not an endorsement, to be clear - just the way I read the situation as it relates to the decision on ETH.

Here's what we know:

- match going fans still chant his name
- Mitten himself who is close to the fanbase and with MUST is not only of the opinion that he should get another season, but that this is the sentiment among our fans too.
- fans have written an open letter (though I'm unsure on the source to be fair).
- polls have him overwhelmingly in favour.

If we assume some rival fans are having banter, what % is that? Given all the above?

21.8%

It depends on what they lay out as the plan. If Ineos and Ten hag go out and confirm that we are going for a progressive style and that this season was a mistake then okay I am willing to give it a chance. But if it ends up being confirmed they changed their mind because of the FA cup I am going to be very worried.
I think it just comes down to the FA Cup if he stays, and that's the problem. There's no way you look at our football these past two years on top of ten Hag himself saying he can't play a progressive style here and think they're keeping him to transform our style. It'd be another decision based on emotion rather than logical reasoning.

An open letter clearly written by 1 person, and I doubt English is even their first language based on how badly written it is.

There’s a poll there now underneath (I imagine only seen by United fans at this time before rivalfans rig the vote later) that has almost a thousand votes with 85% support.

I don’t know any match going fans who want him gone.

Let's be 100% clear, they already decided to sack him.

If they dont, it's because they're weak and u-turned.
That’s what reports before the FA cup final wanted us all to believe. Every single reporter was confident that we’d lose and then ETH would be sacked. The fact we won as backfired on them. I doubt Ratcliffe leaked anything before the final about him being sacked. They was always gonna review it this week and decide if theirs anyone better to take over or not.

With McT up front? With Casemiro in defence? With AWB at LB? With Amrabat? I beg to differ. Our ‘ first 11’ is very good, our squad is actually kinda pants and at times our bench has been dire.
I maintain if he had played a double pivot it would have protected his defence more s d resulted in more wins

On what basis? Has it been confirmed Ten Hag is staying?

If he gets sacked in the next week do you owe them an apology?

I think it just comes down to the FA Cup if he stays, and that's the problem. There's no way you look at our football these past two years on top of ten Hag himself saying he can't play a progressive style here and think they're keeping him to transform our style. It'd be another decision based on emotion rather than logical reasoning.

Yeah you are not wrong. When he said he cannot play like Ajax here was a massive red flag for me and was the point I went full Ten Hag out. He needs to go back on that and I dont think he wants to.

But lets see what happens, I still firmly believe they wont let the fans dictate.

What was your search, hijack football polls?

Status
Not open for further replies.