Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t believe any of that. I think a competent manager could have got top 4 with this squad. IF he had played a setup similar to what he has finished the season with in every match we would have had less defeats and more points.

whilst Onana made the gaffs in the CL again the real gaff was how we setup.

his setup for 95% of the season is what’s undone the results, not all the other narratives doing the rounds,

Should he stay, I hope that he has been ordered to change it

I fully agree. The idea that there's absolutely nothing ETH could do to stop multiple humiliations to bottom half sides, and managed that CL group better is total nonsense. If a United manager needs every player available to avoid what we witnessed, it's lost on me how anyone could think going into another season under him is a good idea, unless we're signing five of the best players on the planet in their positions this summer.

I'd like to see a private fans only poll where rival fans who want Ten Hag to stay can't vote. It would probably still be 50% but it wouldn't be such a majority.

Arsenal literally did it with their current manager, who now has them playing very well. A shite season with caveats is not the same as a shite season with no excuses. Chelsea are literally the shittest club ever, I couldn't be happier to walk a different path than them.

Arsenal did not spend what we've spent and didn't have the squad we thought we had going into the season. Arsenal at best would have been expecting to finish 6th. We weren't.

In addition, Arsenal did not play as badly as we did this season. The statistics are there. -1 goal difference. There performances, whilst inconsistent, were much better than ours. By the end of his second season, Arsenal were having long unbeaten streaks.

One other major factor is that ETH had far more experience going in that Arteta. Arsenal was Arteta's first real managerial gig. He learned on the fly and improved significantly.

This is ETH's second season in England. He's 54 and has far more experience than Arteta did coming into Arsenal. Arteta also didn't also stubbornly use a bad system all season without making any changes.

:lol: :lol:

No go against the fan pressure and risk pissing off the majority of the fans base from the off.

Deary me you crazy folk.

Well no seriously ran football club would or should make important decisions based on current fan sentiment.

I'd like to see a private fans only poll where rival fans who want Ten Hag to stay can't vote. It would probably still be 50% but it wouldn't be such a majority.
Do you really think a large amount of rival fans care this much to go out of their way on Manchester affiliated journalist Poll and vote for Ten Hag for shits and giggles?

sounds about United.

rousing end of season speech to a nightmarish campaign, win the FA cup, clash with pundits - and the fanbase will rally for romantic reasons.
Or they have a lot more reasons than you like to admit.

This one decision could make or break a lot of the fans trust in our supposed new direction under INEOS already.

He stays and a lot of us lose hope because he's clearly never going to implement a progressive style. He's already admitted this himself. We replace him for a manager who plays a progressive style and a lot of us start thinking "maybe we are going somewhere now".

I suspect that's probably not a million miles from the percentage of United fans who, immediately after a glorious FA Cup triumph, wanted to keep him.

Just people sobering up would take a fair few points off, a few days to come down would yield very different results I am sure.

Current numbers of fairly similar to the final Brexit numbers. Wonder if they chuck him out crowd will regret it as much :nervous:

I suspect that's probably not a million miles from the percentage of United fans who, immediately after a glorious FA Cup triumph, wanted to keep him.

Just people sobering up would take a fair few points off, a few days to come down would yield very different results I am sure.
Tons of United fans wanted to keep him before the FA cup final. Stop crying about the poll results and finding reasons to void it.

Even if we have a bad start to new season lose few games still people saying ah well he won FA Cup give him time.

Do you really think a large amount of rival fans care this much to go out of their way on Manchester affiliated journalist Poll and vote for Ten Hag for shits and giggles?

Considering how much you like to try and troll United fans, you think City fans wont bother taking 2 seconds to vote in a United poll headlining on MEN?

Or they have a lot more reasons than you like to admit.

Sorry not buying it. We did this with Ole too.

You can't come out harping about standards and then let this slide.

If INEOS did keep him, I'd think they would do so based on tactical things they've seen behind the scenes that I'm not privy to knowing.

However, based on what we do know and have seen, injuries or no injuries, this season was unforgivable, and fans closing their eyes and ears to it because of an FA cup win shows how fickle we are.

My fear is that over time, when the managers start complaining of not getting the players they actually wanted, fans will back track from the support of having a structure above the manager, to again only backing the manager rather than the club as we seem to do.

I'm not being argumentative here, but I truly I'm worried based on this season, how bad we need to be for people to stop backing a manager.

Most of us can agree when players like Martial do poorly over time that they should be benched and eventually sold. Yet, It feels like people mistake supporting the manager for supporting the club and don't have that same feeling.

I never said I did. The majority of people I've spoken in real life want him to stay, but it's completely the opposite way round on this forum. That's all I'm saying.
That's not the majority of United fans in Manchester let alone the world.

So I’m guessing all the recent Overmars comments are being brushed under the carpet again by the ETH in crew?

Personally I am sick of the resetting every 2 years since fergie retired. Now it finally seems like there might be a proper support structure being put in place to support a manager I would like to see him given more time to execute his vision. I also think he has the dressing room behind him. And he is an important player in the younger players he has brought through. Look at that moment with kobbie and garnacho on sat.

That said. If they sack him fair enough. But the next manager needs to be given at least 2-3 years to build his team and implement his vision. Be supported by the club and hopefully by the back room being put in place. Invest in the infrastructure.

The next manager will just be a coach. The support structure will be the ones with the vision, deciding the style of play and building the team. The coach will just in charge of the first team.

Considering how much you like to try and troll United fans, you think City fans wont bother taking 2 seconds to vote in a United poll headlining on MEN?
Im not the one crying about poll results every time I don't like them. The conversational extremists on the other side of the fence may just need to take their pill in fan sentiment. He's probably getting sacked irrespective.

Ferguson's pedigree when he landed here and Ten Hag's pedigree are not close either. I don't know why people keep acting as if they are.

I agree that's true . So Why did it take him 4 years to win a cup , whilst also racking up some really poor league positions and spending more than everybody else .

That's what I'd like you to explain .

Last edited:
Current numbers of fairly similar to the final Brexit numbers. Wonder if they chuck him out crowd will regret it as much :nervous:

Yeah, people are sure going to miss facing +20 shots per game, negative goal difference over 38 league games, some of the heaviest defeats in club history in the prem, and finishing 8th. Getting slapped up by Galatasaray and Copenhagen really gets the crowd going. I can imagine people gazing fondly out of their windows for more of that.

I wonder who is part of this review

Normally I assume it would be Berrada, Ashworth and Wilcox. But Wilcox is the only one in the building. Why would he need a whole week to debate with himself?

With McT up front? With Casemiro in defence? With AWB at LB? With Amrabat? I beg to differ. Our ‘ first 11’ is very good, our squad is actually kinda pants and at times our bench has been dire.

What's wrong with Amrabat?

We've looked much beter since Ten Hag remembered he's alive after ignoring him for 5 months.

Casemiro played at CB for 3-4 games. How many did McTominay play up front? 2?

Wan Bissaka is a fullback, playing him on his weaker side isn't that much of a hinderance. He had some decent games there as well, like against Liverpool.

This one decision could make or break a lot of the fans trust in our supposed new direction under INEOS already.

He stays and a lot of us lose hope because he's clearly never going to implement a progressive style. He's already admitted this himself. We replace him for a manager who plays a progressive style and a lot of us start thinking "maybe we are going somewhere now".

It depends on what they lay out as the plan. If Ineos and Ten hag go out and confirm that we are going for a progressive style and that this season was a mistake then okay I am willing to give it a chance. But if it ends up being confirmed they changed their mind because of the FA cup I am going to be very worried.

The next manager will just be a coach. The support structure will be the ones with the vision, deciding the style of play and building the team. The coach will just in charge of the first team.
This what makes me think they will go with a new man in charge of 1st team.

Is Ten Hag going to change his ways or as he says alot his principles in his team.

Is he the kind of man that will accept what INEOS are going to do and dictate.

So, it appears that the Guardian has published a misleading article, spreading false rumors about Erik ten Hag's potential sacking. Such irresponsible journalism. I didn’t know the Guardian is also nothing more than a rag.

Status
Not open for further replies.