Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we've told him he needs Premier League experience before we offer him the job. Feels like the job is his next year if we do decide to stick with Ten Hag this year which there appears to be momentum building towards..

So do we rinse and repeat, new manager new ideas and wanting his own players. I say stick with the boss for one more season and go from there

And another thing. The Gary Neville bandwagon also has a lot to answer for. All the failed managers producing content to make money for Sky and themselves. Get a grip.

And the ITV and BBC pundits are not much better. They were embarrasing on Saturday with ETH after the game. The amount of shit he has had to deal with this year. And they play a near perfect final.
ITV were not too bad. Weighty, Wrighty and Keano are alright

Last edited:

Must be hard to resist those big club offers as you never know if they're going to come around again but this seems to most sensible option in terms of building himself up as a manager, get that PL experience and also enjoy the fruits of his own labour in getting them there.

Not sure it's a coincidence that McKenna news come out the same time as there starts to be smoke around Ten Hag staying, but I guess we'll see. Really not sold on any of the other candidates.

Yep I think the McKenna news is more significant than many might think

Signals to me that he’s been made aware the United job is a no go

He obviously didn't have his preferred pairing of two WC winners the entire season. Get a grip.

So if Martinez who let’s be honest hasn’t proven to be reliable injury wise gets injured in the first game of next season then should we just give up on the season ?

If he does stay i wonder what the recruitment will be like if we're committing to this 'transition' team stuff and a hyper aggressive forward line? All this crap about him 'not having a style of play' has always been utter nonsense but although i'm not convinced it can be successful, you really do have to have the right players (ones that can actually run and are never injured like Bruno, Dalot, Garnacho etc).

Ineos will be the ones dictating this stuff which means they will have to commit to his ideas, at least for one season. Not fecking up preseason by exhausting the players should be another objective.

Spot on, is Antony worse that all of these?

Alexis Sanchez, Angel Di Maria, Paul Pogba, Jadon Sancho, Memphis Depay, Morgan Schneiderlin, Donny van de Beek

Yes? The fact that you put Pogba in there too is hilarious.

The quoted post isn’t “spot on” at all we broke records for a fecking winger that doesn’t score or assist and is generally untalented going forward. What are we talking about here

This lot are proving themselves to be every bit as incompetent as the Glazers ever have.

They’ve literally had three months since the deal was completed to conduct an ongoing review into our season, and with all the evidence at hand, they’re still unable to make a decision.

And if they did make a decision before the final, only to reverse (or pretend to conduct some sham review) because of potential fan backlash after winning the cup then that’s just as bad.

We need decisive leadership, not clowns who’s decision making changes with the wind.

The press don't have a clue who the replacement will be or if we are actually sacking him.

This lot are proving themselves to be every bit as incompetent as the Glazers ever have.

They’ve literally had three months since the deal was completed to conduct an ongoing review into our season, and with all the evidence at hand, they’re still unable to make a decision.

And if they did make a decision before the final, only to reverse (or pretend to conduct some sham review) because of potential fan backlash after winning the cup then that’s just as bad.

We need decisive leadership, not clowns who’s decision making changes with the wind.

You have no idea what they've done behind the scenes. There's also the distinct possibility they're waiting for the FA Cup euphoria to die down before announcing he's gone and they're using the 'review' angle to buy that time.

By all means judge them in the future but it's way too early to know anything about how they'll run the club. I'm so tired of people on here just randomly calling anyone and everyone 'clowns'. Get a grip.

Just wondering what makes him “elite”? When I think of elite managers i think of Pep, Klopp, Anceloti. What has ETH done in comparison to be in the elite class?

Fair enough, a class below them. But I’d put him in the same bracket as Poch, Tuchel et. al and a fair few classes above McKenna.

What sort of question is that? What do you expect a manager of Manchester United to do? What is the standard we should be setting? The criteria was laid down by Gill many years ago, not that the club has stuck to it. Point is, if we are sacking Ten Hag, we should be shopping for a manager with a proven track record in Europe and with a cv that includes top honours, and there aren't too many about. If you're happy to hire De Zerbi, that's your opinion. For me, we should be looking for someone with a bit more gravitas.

I mean we have done that but do keep on

That's got nothing to do with two WC winner CBs.

Why the feck would I care about who’s won the World Cup? You pointed to our results with them starting as evidence that we would have been far better off this season with both while I’m pointing to the actual performance of the team not being much different in those games with them than it was without them for much of the year

He stays. Good. See the project through instead of starting another fecking one.
What project? He came before INEOS, and what exactly is the endgame for ETH regarding where the team should be under him? We played totally different in each of his two seasons here, and we have gone backwards massively. Continuing the "project" would mean a further decline in league and European results based on this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.