Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
when he has his first 11 in fairness the football is nice to watch

Is it? Are we sure? Because we don’t create all that much and DEFINITELY don’t score much, it’s not like we are banging them in left and right ripping teams apart.

When everything clicks then sure it’s brilliant but I think you can say that for every manager on occasion, but I would never say we are consistently good to watch unless you’re a neutral that wants to see chaos.

Whatever the outcome of this we should be backlisting some of these journos, so clear no one has a scooby and yet write something in affirmative tone and our fan base will jump on it.

Luckhurst should be fired for that waffle he spouted this morning

“INEOS are considering keeping him, but could let him go” Oh you don’t say?

Very stupid decision to keep him, tells you everything you need to know about our club. Everything reactionary and fickle. Whatever he achieved in that final has not told us anything, we already know we can get result by playing on the counter once in a while against the best teams. What we have noticed all season and the reason a lot of our fans what him gone is the fact we have looked clueless against relegation fodders and average teams. We have been dominated in all almost every game this season.
One swallow does not make a summer, this is very fickle from fans and the management of the club if we keep this clown.
Next season there will be talks that he was not backed or INEOS have signed players he doesn't want. It is always someone else's fault but his

The story came about before the Sheffield United game on 24th April. So 5 weeks he's been at it.

Is that long enough? During those 5 weeks we've had injury after injury, some abysmal league results, a frenetic cup semi against Coventry, and an FA Cup win. Dunno what he will make of all that.

Very stupid decision to keep him, tells you everything you need to know about our club. Everything reactionary and fickle. Whatever he achieved in that final has not told us anything, we already know we can get result by playing on the counter once in a while against the best teams. What we have noticed all season and the reason a lot of our fans what him gone is the fact we have looked clueless against relegation fodders and average teams. We have been dominated in all almost every game this season.
One swallow does not make a summer, this is very fickle from fans and the management of the club if we keep this clown.
Next season there will be talks that he was not backed or INEOS have signed players he doesn't want. It is always someone else's fault but his
Indications are to the contrary based on the number of reports regardless of feelings either way on the matter.

It really isn't. We pull off maybe three good moves a game on a good day.

People seem to forget that some our worst performances were with the first eleven or one player short of it. The 6-3 against City, 7-0 against Liverpool or earlier this season the 2-0 against Spurs were with our strongest teams and it was sorry displays.

You’d want them to be thorough and take their time on a decision of this magnitude. Ideally, we’d have Omar and Ashworth on hand to make it but that might be too late, which is why I expect them to end up extending Ten Hag for one more year and bank on fan gratitude from the FA cup.

Yeah I could see them not wanting the backlash too

It’s writing on the wall for so long. It won’t be any twist. It’s about locking the new head coach and then announcing the departure of ETH.

I have a question to those saying “but what are the alternatives out there?”

does that mean you would sack him if there was an alternative that you liked?
That's part of the equation, if the choice is EtH or Poch/Tuchel then I'd stick with EtH, but if an alternative is EtH or Ancelotti then I know what most of us would be choosing

Any club that spent 400 million in 2 years and find themselves 8th needs to have heads rolling.

Very odd situation.

ETH hasn't been great this season and should really be moved on, but there is no one that excites United fans enough to replace him with.

Whichever way this goes, I don't think INEOS can win.

That last line sums it up perfectly, if they keep him then the "social media fans" will complain, if they sack him then fan channels and matchgoers will brand INEOS as British Glazers.

Any club that spent 400 million in 2 years and find themselves 8th needs to have heads rolling.
Tbh, I contribute that farce 80% to the Glazers and Mouthough. ETH also should share blame. But in the modern football operation setup, ETH should be relieved for that blame a lot.

People seem to forget that some our worst performances were with the first eleven or one player short of it. The 6-3 against City, 7-0 against Liverpool or earlier this season the 2-0 against Spurs were with our strongest teams and it was sorry displays.
I'm leaning ETH in but this is a very good point

The heads of the decision makers above ETH have already rolled, rightfully so

Not sure, though they asked him to play possession football too apparently, so his implementation of that might also be assessed.

I think they have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Not a popular opinion on here I know but if TH is given a remit to act as head coach, with his input into transfers pared down, it might work out for the best.

I really couldn't be more Ten Hag in at this point.

Get him two fit CBs, a fit LB, and a Bruno like he was on Saturday and they will be more than challenging next season.

Claiming Antony is our worst post Fergie signing is frankly ridiculous, we may have paid too much for him but he did ok last season scoring some important goals but has struggled this season as his head hasnt been fully on his game due to the issues that he's been having in his personal life.
Spot on, is Antony worse that all of these?

Alexis Sanchez, Angel Di Maria, Paul Pogba, Jadon Sancho, Memphis Depay, Morgan Schneiderlin, Donny van de Beek

The number of people wanting to keep him has gone from 30% to 48% in less than 48 hours. We really are an insanely reactionary Fanbase

He's in, he's out, he'll shake it all about.

The media will be reporting he's both in and out all week for clicks, until the announcement is actually made one way or another.
Schrodinger's coach.

Spot on, is Antony worse that all of these?

Alexis Sanchez, Angel Di Maria, Paul Pogba, Jadon Sancho, Memphis Depay, Morgan Schneiderlin, Donny van de Beek

Di Maria to be fair had a return that we could only wish most of our wingers could produce nowadays and had more actual issues affecting him than most i.e. the house robbery.

What could he do about it?

Tell them not to do it for a start. If they do it again drop them. How else would a manager deal with not only a player but an entire squad mutiny.

But having said that the scenario is highly unlikely. They've been sitting so deep all season because that's what they've been told to do. The front 5 are so high up the pitch because thats also what they've been told to do.

If what you were saying was actually true he'd need to be sacked anyway, if he can't assert any authority of his own squad. A squad the majority of whom are his signings and promotions.

First off he can't drop them all. He tried it with Varane and Maguire and had to bring them both back. Secondly it wasn't as extreme as you describe. There was a tendency to sit too deep at key moments and it left too much space in midfield cost us goals. These are fine margins. If he'd actually told the front 5 to push up and the back four to sit deep then he would also need to be sacked. It's not that black and white.

Di Maria to be fair had a return that we could only wish most of our wingers could produce nowadays and had more actual issues affecting him than most i.e. the house robbery.
Maybe, but that's only one in a list that didn't include everyone, Antony needs to be sold no question, but he's not even close to the worst post SAF signing

If we were sacking Ten Hag, Mckenna was the one I would have been most curious about.

feck the other two, as much as I like them, they aren't sure things.

I think itl be Poch.

Status
Not open for further replies.