Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are now all those who where hugging and cheering for media in that other thread?

If I was tenHag I would leave this press conference with a smile and just tell them one or two things where to go.

This is all about ABU agenda.
jose5-e1535439622485.jpg

Guarantee if City had won there wouldn’t be a single question in their presser about 115 and if it tarnishes the win. The press are cretins, they want to see us fail and are delighted they can spin this into a negative story.

Room would have been empty anyway. Nobody cares about City and they all hate trying to coax coherent answers out of Pep.

Quality control
You have to understand that many aren't best pleased we just won the Cup against a team bank rolled by a nation state. People want their opinions to be vindicated and a loss in the final would've given them more ammunition to fire at ten Hag.

I've consistently said that with the injuries the team has suffered, it made ten Hag change his strategy where he went more direct and tried implementing a proactive style via forcing high turn-overs. We didn't have the players in the build up phase to play out of a press with players consistently being unavailable and also having other positions further forward being disrupted by injury. So playing direct and trying to force high turnovers was the go to method because playing compact in a lower block wasn't going to develop the team in a proactive way but we would've rather carried on playing in a reactive manner. But as you saw today, when you have a GK who isn't a nervous wreck on the ball, a CB like Martinez who is comfortable in small spaces and a player like Amrabat who is much more comfortable in small spaces compared to Casemiro, then you have a strong platform at the back with the added ability of Mainoo and Dalot. This performance wasn't a hit and hope and we actually had composure on the ball for periods or else you just don't beat a City team that is one of the best teams in the world.

Whether they keep him or let him go, what he's done is that he's created a very strong foundation by removing the likes of Ronaldo and De Gea and introducing several youth players who many on this forum doubted before their arrival. The next coach will have strong foundations to work with as far as developing a proactive attacking team.
Essay writer is back after one decent game. Quiet for months before that though.

Shameless stuff.

Him saying if he’s not wanted he’ll win trophy’s elsewhere. Sounds like he knows he’s done.

The last 4 games have shown that if he had just adapted his tactics and placed some value on making Utd hard to get through that it could have been a much better season.

Sheer unfathomable lunacy to stick with that open midfield shape for so long despite the chaos it created, it will never make sense to me.

The last 4 games have shown that if he had just adapted his tactics and placed some value on making Utd hard to get through that it could have been a much better season.

Sheer unfathomable lunacy to stick with that open midfield shape for so long despite the chaos it created, it will never make sense to me.

100% this... and sure Lisandro and Varane weren't available. But the midfield and attack he has played the last 4 matches, has been available for a long while, without him actually trying to play like this.

Him saying if he’s not wanted he’ll win trophy’s elsewhere. Sounds like he knows he’s done.
Really arrogant, just can't help himself. Enjoy the win and be dignified. The club will also win trophies without him.

Club didn't leak anything. It is all about making up stories. If there is a leak there should be names coming out from where leak is coming. Until then it is just fake news.

It may very well have been made up shit or informed guess

But the bolded part is some dumb nonsense thats not how journalism works if the source wants to remain anonymous then journalists would obviously protect their identity .

I think he deserves another season. In the first season he overachieved. 2 cup finals, 1 of which he won and 3rd place was more than any of us expected with that squad of slackers. This season he has undearchieved, but he has still won a trophy. How many United managers post-Fergie can say that? And he has had to deal with massive off the field issues throughout the entire season and an unseen injury crisis. He deserves a shot with a new proper management structure behind him without the Glazer circus he's had to deal with. He hasn't lost the squad, the players seem to absolutely love him, he has developed some amazing talents like Mainoo that are going to be absolutely integral for us and his resume is impeccable.

I feel like if we sack him now, we're no different than Chelsea or any of those other plastic clubs chasing for the next quick fix. Who are we gonna replace him with? Tuchel or Poch? Give me a break. Both of them are coming from worse seasons than ETH and their resume when it comes to squad building is zero, especially Tuchel. And before anyone accuse me of being that guy who wants to give every manager more time, I was all for sacking Ole because as much as I love him, he never had the credentials to manage United and as such we couldn't afford to give him time since there's no evidence he would have ever turned it around. But Eric's resume before United is impeccable and at United he has the trophies to back it up.

INEOS sacking him will greatly diminish my enthusiasm about their leadership of the club. Would be short-sighted and stupid. I don't want us to become another Chelsea that sacks its managers left and right chasing short-term success . United should be different from those types of clubs. Yes, we've struggled this season, but Arteta and Klopp also struggled initially before their rid themselves of the trash and look where they ended up.

Did he?

Liverpool collapsed with klopp last and year and we barely stayed ahead of them. Chelsea's owner sabotage them last season. That's why we finished above both of them.

This year chelsea were still poor, liverpool were having a rebuild, spurs sold their best player and we somehow not only finished behind all of them, but also Newcastle and Aston villa. Eth made a mess of the season and the less said about transfers and the champions league the better.

Really arrogant, just can't help himself. Enjoy the win and be dignified. The club will also win trophies without him.

Nah I like it. Ironically it sounds like the kind of thing a Man Utd manager would say.

False 9 tactics was his best tactics in this 2 years. I must say i liked us last few games without classic striker up front.

But the bolded part is some dumb nonsense thats not how journalism works if the source wants to remain anonymous then journalists would obviously protect their identity .
I wish EtH starts his own club after this. Then some of this lot can go support that and we can focus on being Manchester fecking United as Ferguson taught us to be.

For me that is fake news. You can always say there is a source regardless if it is true or false.

Essay writer is back after one decent game. Quiet for months before that though.

Shameless stuff.
The only shameful stuff is coming from the likes of you. @Adnan is a great poster and has been for a long time. Your bitterness about the manager is fecking ridiculous and has seen you post some utter guff the last few weeks and months. But we just won the cup today and your still in here being a miserable git, have a day off ffs and enjoy the win.

Unless pep, ancelotti or klopp want to come then there is nobody that you could guarantee to do better than ETH's track record.

3 Finals. 2 Trophies in 2 seasons.

That presser was a fecking disgrace. The media have run roughshod over us for years now. feck those journo cnts.

Unless pep, ancelotti or klopp want to come then there is nobody that you could guarantee to do better than ETH's track record.

That presser was a fecking disgrace. The media have run roughshod over us for years now. feck those journo cnts.

Nobody that could finish higher than 8th? Really?

Mourinho won two trophies in his first season, let alone first two seasons. Pipe down.

The only shameful stuff is coming from the likes of you. @Adnan is a great poster and has been for a long time. Your bitterness about the manager is fecking ridiculous and has seen you post some utter guff the last few weeks and months. But we just won the cup today and your still in here being a miserable git, have a day off ffs and enjoy the win.
You want to close this thread next for replies after the Onana one?

Bunch of wannabe dictators on here being shameless and yet will go on about INEOS structure when they clearly agree with my arguments on why this guy is not suited to our club.

If you want to go in on someone, expect pushback and don't cry because you thought you can bully someone with deluded opinions.

Agreed. He was stubborn and never adapted

I'm just pointing out there's a reason the vibe is different than last season.

:lol:
He's won the FA cup and then proceeds to embarrass himself by acting arrogant in front of the media. He just the won the trophy, he can just say "I won" and do a mic drop. Surely that is more United than saying he'll win trophies elsewhere?

Great performance today, and fantastic to win a big trophy again!

Shame about the rest of the season, and that he couldn't get us to perform consistently. I hope we get in McKenna, but honestly not fussed about it if they decide to give ETH another year.

I'm very, very happy with this cup win!!

You want to close this thread next for replies after the Onana one?

Bunch of wannabe dictators on here being shameless and yet will go on about INEOS structure when they clearly agree with my arguments on why this guy is not suited to our club.

If you want to go in on someone, expect pushback and don't cry because you thought you can bully someone with deluded opinions.
Bully someone? What the feck are you talking about? And I never mentioned Onana either so I don't know what your on about there. I'm not even ETH in, I think he should go, but I also think that the ridiculously negative posts should be left at the door today of all days. I don't think that's too much to ask is it?

Agreed. He was stubborn and never adapted
The last 4 games being different is stackable in it's own right. It shows he didn't care about changing things when he knew he was safe and only changed it to save his own job rather than to improve the position of the club.

Literally about five seconds of congratulations for winning a trophy in a game he was given absolutely no chance, followed be about 15 minutes of needling bullshit trying to provoke some kind of reaction.

Complete gutter dwellers.

It's a perfectly fair comparison. Klopp leaving would have immediately triggered a search and approaches for new managers, yet they were able to announce Klopp was leaving. We have let it slip at the worst possible time and undermined the team before a cup final. It's so amateur.

Sooner than Klopp wanted to make it public according to some sources.

100% this... and sure Lisandro and Varane weren't available. But the midfield and attack he has played the last 4 matches, has been available for a long while, without him actually trying to play like this.
Our issue ever since for more than 5 years now has been set up issues.

We have personnel issues, but fundamentally the main problem is how we setup. Like today we needed to have 4 flat midfielders.

When we beat city 2-1 at OT in January 2023, we also went with 4 flat midfielders. The issue has always been our midfield is flawed in players available, players who must play, players who can't be dropped.

Remove Amrabat and Scott from that midfield put competent quality, the narrative changes immensely.

We need more players to do a simple midfield job. This is the main problem.

If tomorrow we play with 3 flat midfielders ( Amrabat, Kobbie, Bruno) we will be massacred 100% why, because the balance of the team is off. We need another body there. This negates another player from another position.

Injuries or no injuries, ETH needed to find a way of having a compressed midfield block. This has been the biggest blunder this season and it has shown in results.

Status
Not open for further replies.