Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's won the FA cup and then proceeds to embarrass himself by acting arrogant in front of the media. He just the won the trophy, he can just say "I won" and do a mic drop. Surely that is more United than saying he'll win trophies elsewhere?

If our club accept this behaviour from journalists then those in charge should be out tomorrow. This warrants bans for every journalists in that room. Shocking by fake media. Shocking. No congratulation, no nothing. If that was some other manager from various clubs there would be joyful press conferance. This feels like some case from high court or something.

If our club accept this behaviour from journalists then those in charge should be out tomorrow. This warrants bans for every journalists in that room. Shocking by fake media. Shocking. No congratulation, no nothing. If that was some other manager from various clubs there would be joyful press conferance. This feels like some case from high court or something.
He wasn't taking shots at the media though? It was towards Ineos. We all loved how LVG dealt with the press, but even then i dont remember him saying he'll win trophies elsewhere if Woody didn't want him. He actually offered to resign.

@Adnan is one of if not the best football posters this forum has and is well respected and valued by this community for his insights and contributions over many years on the CAF.

Then there are posts like yours.
Yep, exactly what I said pretty much. Why would you post something like that on a day like today after winning the cup against city? Some people on here, I'm just lost for words with them sometimes.

Unless pep, ancelotti or klopp want to come then there is nobody that you could guarantee to do better than ETH's track record.

3 Finals. 2 Trophies in 2 seasons.
I hate saying this on day like this but counting domestic finals as achievements is so small time for a club of this stature. It wasn't that long ago that we called the League cup the Mickey Mouse cup, for a good reason. What happened today is Ten Hag's biggest achievement but to suggest it makes Pep, Klopp and Ancelotti the only upgrades on him is hilarious.

City hasn’t lost a game since Dec 6, 2023. They had nearly their best 11 available, came with the adrenaline of a championship and won their last 7 on the bounce. So yes, credit where there’s credit.

Imo, what i said yesterday still goes. If INEOS don't think ETH is a good fit for how the want this project to be, then obviously get rid and go all in for whoever they want, no problem and i don't think ETH will have much of a problem with something like that either. k

If he's sacked on the basis of how this season has been, then i have a bit more of a problem with that, as i still think a large part of that is down the club being a in a poor state on several levels.

I've not budged on Ten Hag in all season and I'm delighted if he stays as our manager.

Just fecking enjoy it you shit fecking cnuts

He wasn't taking shots at the media though? It was towards Ineos. We all loved how LVG dealt with the press, but even then i dont remember him saying he'll win trophies elsewhere if Woody didn't want him. He actually offered to resign.
He should be doing that but he is holding back. He shoud have told them where to go and left press conference. So they can sit there together and make up stories and feel sorry because we won this final.

He didn't offer a resign.

I’m by no means Erik’s biggest fan and it’s my belief that this seasons showing in the league warrants his departure but.. the way the media have bombarded him with questions regarding his future was distasteful. Just let him celebrate winning a major cup you cretins.

Last time we won the cup was just after my mum died. Today brought all that back and I'm not ashamed to admit I've cried like a baby today

The odds on next manager for us as gone of some websites. Is that because it’s done or because it’s not happening now?

I hate saying this on day like this but counting domestic finals as achievements is so small time for a club of this stature. It wasn't that long ago that we called the League cup the Mickey Mouse cup, for a good reason. What happened today is Ten Hag's biggest achievement but to suggest it makes Pep, Klopp and Ancelotti the only upgrades on him is hilarious.

Small time for a club with the reputation, financial muscle and history but not small time considering where the club currently is after years of post-Saf missmanagement. Ten Hag has been the manager for two years and he won every (domestic) trophy he could realistically win. He was never going to win the league or the CL in his first two years. Although after beating Barcelona he was favorite for the Europa League but injuries followed by a Maguire + DDG horror show ended any chance at winning that.

Small time for a club with the reputation, financial muscle and history but not small time considering where the club currently is after years of post-Saf missmanagement. Ten Hag has been the manager for two years and he won every (domestic) trophy he could realistically win. He was never going to win the league or the CL in his first two years. Although after beating Barcelona he was favorite for the Europa League but injuries followed by a Maguire + DDG horror show ended any chance at winning that.
But in his second season he should be closer to competing for the league, instead we've gone backwards in a big way.

Essay writer is back after one decent game. Quiet for months before that though.

Shameless stuff.
The essay writer actually talks about football instead of spending all day and night in threads unrelated to football. I know it's difficult for you to talk about the game and and hence you spend most of your time in threads about takeovers etc.

Did he?

Liverpool collapsed with klopp last and year and we barely stayed ahead of them. Chelsea's owner sabotage them last season. That's why we finished above both of them.

This year chelsea were still poor, liverpool were having a rebuild, spurs sold their best player and we somehow not only finished behind all of them, but also Newcastle and Aston villa. Eth made a mess of the season and the less said about transfers and the champions league the better.
I think this is incredibly disingenuous. We finished 8 points above Liverpool and if we're being honest we got fecked a lot (Remember Casemiro, when he was our best player, ridiculous red cards he got while Liverpool got pens left and right?). Everyone hoped us to finish top 4 at best, but not only we did get 3rd and arguably in better circumstances we might have been second (if it wasn't for Licha's injury and the ridiculous reds Casemiro got).

This season has been disappointment, no doubt, but you can't seriously compare Liverpool and Spurs situation to ours. Come on. From day 1 we had to deal with Mason's issues, then the sale of the club which went forever because the leeches got too comfortable after last season, then the onslaught of non-stop injuries that took our best players out throughout the season, then with the changing of the club's structure. I think this season has absolutely been an abnormal situation and I really don't want to judge his entire time on it and wonder 'what if'?

Why not give him a chance under a new, proper management? What do we have to lose? If he fails next season, then he rightfully deserves to be sacked. If we sack him now, I personally will always have to wonder 'what if we were more patient and gave him more time?'. But even if we replace him, who do you have in mind? What are our options even?

Tuchel? Just came failing from the easiest footballing job in the world. His resume? Burning bridges everywhere he has gone and very dodgy when it comes to trophies with the CL being his only notable thing, but Di Matteo also has a CL. It's a cup tournament that anyone can win.

Poch? Disastrous season at Chelsea. Disappointing stay at PSG. Good tenure at Spurs that ended somewhat badly. Not a guy I have any confidence in.

McKenna? Please, I like him a lot, wouldn't mind him as a future United manager once he gets more experience, but this is a whole different level

Really the only one I'd be willing to take a shot at is Xabi Alonso but he isn't leaving Leverkusen so that point is moot.

And I can't understand why tbh. First of all it was an incredible win against an incredible side. It also qualified us for Europe while knocking Newcastle out who had been small timer cnuts. But that's not all. We were always lethal as a counter attacking team whether it was SAF, mou, Ole and now ETH. United's issue is that we seem to struggle to break low blocks on a consistent basis. That's been an issue since the last years of SAF's reign and something no manager was able to sort
Completely agree mate

The essay writer actually talks about football instead of spending all day and night in threads unrelated to football. I know it's difficult for you to talk about the game and and hence you spend most of your time in threads about takeovers etc.

Love you Adnan!

Status
Not open for further replies.