Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to understand that many aren't best pleased we just won the Cup against a team bank rolled by a nation state. People want their opinions to be vindicated and a loss in the final would've given them more ammunition to fire at ten Hag.

I've consistently said that with the injuries the team has suffered, it made ten Hag change his strategy where he went more direct and tried implementing a proactive style via forcing high turn-overs. We didn't have the players in the build up phase to play out of a press with players consistently being unavailable and also having other positions further forward being disrupted by injury. So playing direct and trying to force high turnovers was the go to method because playing compact in a lower block wasn't going to develop the team in a proactive way but we would've rather carried on playing in a reactive manner. But as you saw today, when you have a GK who isn't a nervous wreck on the ball, a CB like Martinez who is comfortable in small spaces and a player like Amrabat who is much more comfortable in small spaces compared to Casemiro, then you have a strong platform at the back with the added ability of Mainoo and Dalot. This performance wasn't a hit and hope and we actually had composure on the ball for periods or else you just don't beat a City team that is one of the best teams in the world.

Whether they keep him or let him go, what he's done is that he's created a very strong foundation by removing the likes of Ronaldo and De Gea and introducing several youth players who many on this forum doubted before their arrival. The next coach will have strong foundations to work with as far as developing a proactive attacking team.
Precisely.

2 Trophies in 2 seasons. People also are forgetting that this is the biggest trophy we've won in 7 years?!

Thats an impressive track record for a manager at our club.

We won feck all before he came.

The facts/results speak for themselves.

He deserves another year, which hopefully won't be riddled by injuries and off pitch drama.

There's only one question that needs to be asked "Is this your last game for United?", and it only needs to be asked once. Once asked and answered, there is nothing else on this subject to ask him. But they keep battering him with it and it's pretty fecking pathetic.

Agreed, once you have got a response, whatever it may be, just move on.

God, journalists are cnuts
I've said that there needs to be lot of bans against journalists from OldTrafford. They are just out to get some drama, write fake news and trying to put us in negative way all the time.

Not a single question about tactical set-up, the role of key players etc- just the same questions asked by each journo with slightly different wording.

INEOs should keep him just to give a massive FU to the media

media are tossers, but let's not forget the club leaking news 24hrs before the final are equally cnuts, this is why the media have been more diabolical today

2 Trophies in 2 seasons.

Thats an impressive track record for a manager at our club.

Deserves another year, which hopefully won't be riddled by injuries and off pitch drama.
Agreed

I've said that there needs to be lot of bans against journalists from OldTrafford. They are just out to get some drama, write fake news and trying to put us in negative way all the time.

Same question reworded over and over. Won a trophy but zero of the journalists give a feck. They're trying to talk out him being sacked and the performances due to injuries.

Half of those journos should be banned.

media are tossers, but let's not forget the club leaking news 24hrs before the final are equally cnuts, this is why the media have been more diabolical today
Club didn't leak anything. It is all about making up stories. If there is a leak there should be names coming out from where leak is coming. Until then it is just fake news.

ITV interview with ETH was excellent: fair, respectful and asked the key question at the end. Gary and Alan have and will always be bitter when it comes to United. ETH has outperformed Klopp over his two seasons yet is likely sacked shows the difference between the two clubs and expectations.

Feck I missed that. Any hints on whether he stays or he goes based on that interview?

Whatever your opinion on him is there is no excuse for that press conference, absolutely disgraceful.

Could the press maybe put down the pitchforks just for a few minutes and let the poor guy have his moment. He has earned the right to be proud today.

The next manager needs to go scorched earth on some of these cnuts Fergie style.

absolutely shameful from the press.

Why not ask him about the performance the tactical changes the fact two academy graduates scored the decisive goals?

Absolutely classless.

Who did then?
Agents and third parties involved. If the leak came from United the usual suspects would've on it but the report that clearly stated ten Hag is gone regardless of the result came from Jacob Steinberg who's a London based journalist that mainly covers the likes of Chelsea and West Ham. The United journalists like Ducker still said last night that no final decision had been made but it's looking likely that he's going to be sacked. It's all based on us reaching out to potential places.

I listened to Andy Mitten on Talksport this morning and even he said that the leak absolutely did not come from United's end.

I think he deserves another season. In the first season he overachieved. 2 cup finals, 1 of which he won and 3rd place was more than any of us expected with that squad of slackers. This season he has undearchieved, but he has still won a trophy. How many United managers post-Fergie can say that? And he has had to deal with massive off the field issues throughout the entire season and an unseen injury crisis. He deserves a shot with a new proper management structure behind him without the Glazer circus he's had to deal with. He hasn't lost the squad, the players seem to absolutely love him, he has developed some amazing talents like Mainoo that are going to be absolutely integral for us and his resume is impeccable.

I feel like if we sack him now, we're no different than Chelsea or any of those other plastic clubs chasing for the next quick fix. Who are we gonna replace him with? Tuchel or Poch? Give me a break. Both of them are coming from worse seasons than ETH and their resume when it comes to squad building is zero, especially Tuchel. And before anyone accuse me of being that guy who wants to give every manager more time, I was all for sacking Ole because as much as I love him, he never had the credentials to manage United and as such we couldn't afford to give him time since there's no evidence he would have ever turned it around. But Eric's resume before United is impeccable and at United he has the trophies to back it up.

INEOS sacking him will greatly diminish my enthusiasm about their leadership of the club. Would be short-sighted and stupid. I don't want us to become another Chelsea that sacks its managers left and right chasing short-term success . United should be different from those types of clubs. Yes, we've struggled this season, but Arteta and Klopp also struggled initially before their rid themselves of the trash and look where they ended up.
Completely agree about ETH.

Where is everyone watching this press conference?

I'm delighted for him today. However it's not possible that you can lose 14 league games finishing 8th , finish bottom of that CL group and play the football we we have this season, not to mention the negative goal difference, and keep your job.

Where are now all those who where hugging and cheering for media in that other thread?

If I was tenHag I would leave this press conference with a smile and just tell them one or two things where to go.

This is all about ABU agenda.

Guarantee if City had won there wouldn’t be a single question in their presser about 115 and if it tarnishes the win. The press are cretins, they want to see us fail and are delighted they can spin this into a negative story.

Status
Not open for further replies.