Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very weird interview. My head doesn't want him to stay but he has got my heart onside today.

He’s in the middle of a massive project, I think it’s crazy not give him another season to build and carry on restoring stability, with the recruitment of suitable players.

Why would you not focus on Kobbie and the game right now. Maybe ask the question about his future at the end of the interview?

Leading with that is just pathetic.

I remember us going toe-to-toe with Barca at the Nou Camp and outplaying them at home just last year. Sigh what happened. Really thought he would be the coach to bring us back to where we ought to be.
I hoped so too. I wish he was. But it looks like last season until the league Cup win was more due to feel good factor as a result of change rather than Ten Hag's managerial ability.

IF Ten Hag gets the sack, the players cannot be accused of throwing him under the bus. That's for sure.

I've been a big critic of Ten Hag this season, but maybe just maybe we give him a chance to prove himself; he may have earned that after this game. The season has been hard with poor performances all through. I don't believe in the injuries excuse because it is the manager's job to tweak the team tactically to mitigate the consequences of those injuries.

I’ve been very critical of him but fair play to him, got things spot on tactically and got great performances out of the players on a big occasion for once.

Some of ye miserable gits really can't help yourselves, even on a day like today. I'm not even ETH in but I can still enjoy this.
We can be simultaneously happy that we won the FA Cup and also happy that he is leaving. If you can’t understand that, I feel sorry for you.

Shearer loves saying everyone has injuries. But do they all have no left back for an entire season, plus no an only sometimes available striker?

I won't go anywhere thanks. I wish some of ye miserable gits would go somewhere on a day like today though, because you and few others clearly aren't fine, stewing in your bitterness about the manager.

This.

Pathetic cnuts calling themselves supporters and then behave like this on a day like this. Go support City you wnkrs.

I’m torn. Part of me says you can’t concede the amount of shots we have this season without changing something while still arguing that it’s because of injuries.

On the other hand, he absolutely has had a tough time of it with the Ronaldo and Sancho situations who were completely out of his hand, and I’m my opinion, pretty well dealt with by him. Add to that the uncertainty and media circus surrounding the sale of the club, plus the injuries* (Although I will admit he’s been stubborn in continuing to play a style of football that didn’t compliment the players available to him). I’d also argue he’s been spread thin in terms of having to identify signings in place of an actual structure that works with the manager.

I say give him another season, or at least until Christmas, dependant on him getting the team to perform on a consistent basis.

What a smarmy prick Linkear is. Is he was interviewing pep he'd have his cock shoved fully into his mouth.

He's fine let going on about injuries isn't he.... Oh they cut him off. Weird interview....

Anyway ETH in or out, shake it all about.... It's been a good day

Even if was trying to save his job, "I inherited a mess", sounds like a brutal piece of honesty during that interview.

We can be simultaneously happy that we won the FA Cup and also happy that he is leaving. If you can’t understand that, I feel sorry for you.
If you can't be positive on the day we win a cup, you are the one to pity.

What did they say?

They asked if he thought they were picking on him and he said yeh and then they picked on him about the league and him probably being gone.

Whether you want him out or not, you shouldn’t be happy as a United fan seeing this sh.8t

Love how we’ve dicked city and knocked the barcodes out of Europe all in one game. feck the oil clubs.

Off the back of two trophies in two seasons and one top four finish with everything going on in the background of this club and a season with more than 25 different back four pairings?

"Everything going on in the background" had literally nothing to do with trying to go man for man in the midfield while dropping the backline deep every match. Stop creating random narratives and just evaluate what's in front of you. I'm as happy as anyone we won today, but we just had our worst league season in modern history with performances that were even worse than the final table standings and having to chop and change at the back doesn't excuse that.

Performance was amazing. That is the only reason why i think he deserve another chance

Status
Not open for further replies.