Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll probably keep my vote as sack, but I wouldn't mind seeing him get one last chance.

If he does go, it's a nice ending and I'll mostly remember him fondly.

Thanks Erik, it could have been so much better but times up and thank you for your efforts.

He doesn’t look like a man staying, and Bruno said he was sad at the end there so I think it’s done.

Some of ye miserable gits really can't help yourselves, even on a day like today. I'm not even ETH in but I can still enjoy this.

Will say it again, not convinced any of the names I’m hearing banded about are better tbh an him.

Are you people serious?
Interesting that it does not work for players. Nobody is suddenly saying “well maybe we have a decent squad after all and do not need much of a clearout” based on us winning FA Cup.

I am ecstatic for the win and happy that he can leave on a high now. But keeping him just because of this game would be exactly the type of a knee jerk decision we made when we hired Ole full-time.

That was when he was asked if he wanted DeJong OR Casemiro. He said both in light of profile.
He wanted a ball player and a DM. Athletic said he wanted a DM - he had none. The club were made of Casemiro's availability and opted to go for him over Rice because of the lower initial outlay, despite Rice being cheaper on FFP. This is all from the Athletic.

Keep up.

He said Casemiro, let's not play silly beggars.

Glad the decision was made before the final. Would be hard to sack him now, but we did so with LvG as well. It is the right move

Some of you are just excited and emotional over winning the cup. Go back re-watch the entire league season and even some of the cup games. Ask yourself if the team looked like they were consistently improving (somewhat linear progression) and getting to a style of play you like.

I think he should get one more chance. Won FA cup and the replacements are not very exciting.

He's 100% going from the vibe i'm getting.

Second to Jose in terms of overall impact and trophies? Still not good enough but people saying 'worst manager ever' might want to have a rethink having absolutely outclassed Pep?

I wish him good luck where he goes next.

People should have a bit of respect at least. You might not care for the guy but he’s delivered two trophies for this club. If this is it I wish him well and I’m sure he’ll always be welcome back at old Trafford like many former staff and players have been.

We've been piss poor since February 2023. An FA Cup win when we've struggled all competition means nothing. A one off game shouldn't decide a Managers job. It's ok to accept he wasn't quite up to standard.

Glad he's gone out with a bang than a whimper.

The guys who are deciding his fate are experts. I doubt they will be swayed by one game where we reverted back to pragmatic dogged football. I wish for his own sake he’d done this throughout the season when we could barely field a team. It would have saved his job. I do think before INEOS came him his remit was probably to open up the team, play out from the back etc etc regardless of results Murtough and co were with him for the long term. Then by the time INEOS came in the damage was done. I have mixed feelings. I think ETH is probably a really good straight up guy who couldn’t raise the standards as high as he would have liked but his own stubbornness cost him. He’ll say it was for the longer term good of the team/club that he tried to play that way

Let's remember he played on the break today with a packed midfield. That's not what we brought him here for.

I don’t think it changes things, but this is quite possibly the best moment since Ferguson left. Such an amazing moment and day. A credit to him and the players. We can forget how bad the season has been overall just for today. What a moment.

Second to Jose in terms of overall impact and trophies? Still not good enough but people saying 'worst manager ever' might want to have a rethink having absolutely outclassed Pep?

Now you'd probably have to say second to Jose, yeh. Beating Pep in a final in hopefully his penultimate season especially.

GOb9nRRW0AESnJn

Are those calves really befitting of a Manchester United manager? I’m not so sure.

Mental that a significant part of the fan base has chosen to ignore 50 some odd matches over the course of the season and based on one result where we set up in the simplest way possible, make an about face and suddenly want him to continue as manager.

He's 100% going from the vibe i'm getting.

The bar isn't high but you could pick between the lot who was the worst. Jose comfortably the better of the lot but rightfully sacked.

He’s carried himself with class no matter what happens throughout his time here. Personally I’d start the season with him.

Interesting that it does not work for players. Nobody is suddenly saying “well maybe we have a decent squad after all and do not need much of a clearout” based on us winning FA Cup.

I am ecstatic for the win and happy that he can leave on a high now. But keeping him just because of this game would be exactly the type of a knee jerk decision we made when we hired Ole full-time.

It's incredible, I can't believe so many are U-turning off the back of a single cup final. I guess this is United though

I've wanted him out for months and months. But the crazy bastard is pulling me back in. Thank God I'm not the man in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.