Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you are just excited and emotional over winning the cup. Go back re-watch the entire league season and even some of the cup games. Ask yourself if the team looked like they were consistently improving (somewhat linear progression) and getting to a style of play you like.
We aren’t allowed to celebrate? I agree though, the tactics we played to win this match is different from the standard shit we’ve seen this season and we also can’t play like this every game

Glad the decision was made before the final. Would be hard to sack him now, but we did so with LvG as well. It is the right move

Yup, exciting times ahead for the future of this club. ETH will have played a part in that and we can thank him for it.

Still, a lot of work to be done reforming this club.

Some of you are just excited and emotional over winning the cup. Go back re-watch the entire league season and even some of the cup games. Ask yourself if the team looked like they were consistently improving (somewhat linear progression) and getting to a style of play you like.
Yeah it's 100% emotion, thanks for getting this game right but he still needs to go.

If City didn't gift us that first goal who knows how it would have went.

I'm surprised there's (I think) less than 5% kneejerking.

feck sake, Lineker and Shearer should lay off.

This interview on bbc with him is odd.

Fecking hell this is bittersweet, I hope to god that INEOS aren't about to knife him. Fair enough if he knows already but if he doesn't that's just sad.

This will give him a better shot at landing another big job so I'm chuffed for him that he gets to go out on a high. I wish him no ill will despite some of my harsh words this season, he's a decent bloke just not good enough to be managing a massive club like us.

The bar isn't high but you could pick between the lot who was the worst. Jose comfortably the better of the lot but rightfully sacked.
I'd go in terms of being the best:

Jose
Eth
LVG/Ole
Moyes

I think I'll probably keep my vote as sack, but I wouldn't mind seeing him get one last chance.

If he does go, it's a nice ending and I'll mostly remember him fondly.

Same. If they change their minds and kept him, I won't complain. The scenes after the game with the players warms the heart. But the league position doesn't lie..

Yeah this is shit. Dont ask him this shit right now, have a bit more class Gary and stop looking for soundbites like a sweaty sun reporter

I do wonder how the players that did play most of this season feel hear him saying things like "We didn't have the players"...

I think he knows he's gone, but I wish they wouldn't press him on this after that result.

Glad the decision was made before the final. Would be hard to sack him now, but we did so with LvG as well. It is the right move

Agree think it's the right decision, the club can reinvigorate the structure which includes a new manager and the existing manager can depart with his head held high on an individual basis. It's a win-win situation across the board.

BBC are a bunch of bastards, I think he should go, but there's such a thing as basic common courtesy.

Ten Hag doing well in this interview considering he’s being intensively interrogated after just winning the cup ffs. This interview alone is almost enough to make me want to give him another season.

That ending was so awkward…

Status
Not open for further replies.