Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOb9nRRW0AESnJn

I'm fine. I'm just not changing my view because of one game.

Irony is that’s exactly what saved Ferguson.

Having Martinez and Varane was a game changer. Having a strong CB partnership and less injuries and we comfortably make top 4 next season. He’s won 2 trophies in a row.!

Some of you act like we’ve been winning leagues and CL the last 11 years.

He’s prob gone, but he’s done well and we can only wonder what might have been had we not been poxed with injuries. Totally outplayed pep today.

If by some improbable chance ETH isn't let go, it will be because SJR and the executive team have come to a realiziation that we are a completely different team when Lisandro Martinez is playing.

We defended better, but it's still a hit and run tactic that we use against big and smaller teams.

Even last season when everyone was fit, our GD was shite, and we played shite.

We've been piss poor since February 2023. An FA Cup win when we've struggled all competition means nothing. A one off game shouldn't decide a Managers job. It's ok to accept he wasn't quite up to standard.

Glad he's gone out with a bang than a whimper.

Just can't get too carried away with the emotions of this great win. He got it so right today though, just a shame how poorly he and the rest have done this season.

I mean, he showed today the difference having his first choice CB pairing can make. I dont think I'd complain if he stays or goes.

Irony is that’s exactly what saved Ferguson.

Having Martinez and Varane was a game changer. Having a strong CB partnership and less injuries and we comfortably make top 4 next season. He’s won 2 trophies in a row.!

Some of you act like we’ve been winning leagues and CL the last 11 years.

He’s prob gone, but he’s done well and we can only wonder what might have been had we not been poxed with injuries. Totally outplayed pep today.

We really need to stop comparing every fecking failing manager to SAF's unique situation 30+ years ago

No one expects you too, I'm not either, but some of ye need to give it a rest and enjoy it.
Nobody? Are you sure about that?

Screw you to everyone who said ETH out. You got him sacked. Remember. What a game when the main players are fit. Try to understand what the manager said in the interview. We are building something. You build the first team first and then get depth. Our first team got fecked with injuries. And you people threw the manager under the bus.

Screw you.
Anyone who wants him out, as far as I'm concerned: eat shit twice, maybe three times

Did an excellent job today and set the team up perfectly, if only he’d set up this way throughout the season instead of being wide open. If he stays he needs to show flexibility in his tactics going forwards.

He parked the bus, the train, the yacht, and the carriage, good decision by him.

Thanks for the cups and thanks for the memories, now off you go

We've been piss poor since February 2023. An FA Cup win when we've struggled all competition means nothing. A one off game shouldn't decide a Managers job. It's ok to accept he wasn't quite up to standard.

Glad he's gone out with a bang than a whimper.

Yeah perfect way to bow out. Club onto bigger and better things with hopefully a manager with more nous and pragmatism.

Hope he’s not sacked, would have been a different story this season had it not been for the mountain of injuries.

Well done Erik, another trophy in the bag!

I mean, he showed today the difference having his first choice CB pairing can make. I dont think I'd complain if he stays or goes.
Totally has nothing to do with playing compact and with an actual midfield instead of his usual suicidal tactics.

Not one to do the body language but he looks strangely subdued. I think he knows he's gone

I really want an explanation from him as to why he couldn't set us up like this more often this season. His exit will be bittersweet now but it's still necessary.
There will be Ten Hag inners that will come out and say he deserves another season. For me, it’s just another reason we need to sack him:

1. The argument that the players are shit and therefore Ten Hag deserves less accountability, well, maybe not so much when we are set up properly.
2. The fact that we need to play a low block after 2 years and 400m spent is atrocious.
3. If he was so fecking stubborn that he couldn’t make a change mid season in tactics is an indication that he isn’t good enough.
4. Watching Pep turn some semi-castoffs into a well oiled machine (Kovacic, Akanji) just shows how a top manager can make a difference.

Honestly, happy for Ten Hag that he (hopefully) will leave on a high note, but the list of diabolical records that he has set this season is too long and too eye opening to be ignored.

This thread is worse than ever. Sad

I’m delighted we won. What’s said on this thread makes absolutely no difference to whether he’s kept or sacked. Only thing that sad is those desperate to see the poll not Change.

Maybe people should enjoy the final and give the whining a day off, he’s probably gone…

A. Thanks - he got it tactically right.

B. We now have footballmen in the boardroom (even if they're Blackburn Rovers 1995 (I had tickets on that day- horrible). They should have been asking questions about that massive hole between defense and midfield. If, behind the scenes, he blames injuries, and his plan going forward is to keep Martinez and Shaw fit, then sack him.

If he has a coherent plan, keep him.

I told you I'm fine. Not miserable in the slightest.

If you don't like comments you disagree with, log off.
I won't go anywhere thanks. I wish some of ye miserable gits would go somewhere on a day like today though, because you and few others clearly aren't fine, stewing in your bitterness about the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.