Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
FA Cup apparently saved Sir Alex. Will it save ten Hag?

I just wish he wasn't so stubborn throughout the season.

Whatever happens, thank you for bringing back some cup glory to our club.

Irrespective of what happens tomorrow, good job today Erik. Some really good youngsters coming through and won't be surprised he lives on for another season

If by some improbable chance ETH isn't let go, it will be because SJR and the executive team have come to a realiziation that we are a completely different team when Lisandro Martinez is playing.

My view on it is that he is better than he's shown at the club. He has been unlucky with injuries but his fate was sealed by our Champions League performance, assessment of players particularly around recruitment, but also throwing so many points away after making bad substitutions.

I think he'll find a good club, we'll find a manager who is the owners guy and fits the new model and hopefully part on good terms

I think this is a fair assessment. The fact we can agree that hes a good coach and will probably go somewhere else and succeed should at least have us second guessing ourselves about sacking him. But, if he does go, you know exactly why as well.

To me it's a toss up between ETH and McKenna. If it's a Tuchel or a Poch I'd rather hold on to ETH, even though I've got doubts about him.

Wish he changed the structure earlier. Since Arsenal I'd be happy to keep him. Deserves way more respect then he's getting from the people upstairs.

He looks like someone who knows he is leaving and is saying goodbye. If that turns out to be true, I wonder what could have been. If he could have a redo on certain decisions I’m sure he would.

However, he can look back on his time here with pride and he leaves with his head held high.

Should stay. Won convincingly with 2 academy youngsters on score sheet
Players still care for him and last season plus this trophy should be enough to earn him a chance under new owners. Faced unprecedented off pitch and on pitch issues. Simply outclassed guardiola today whos hardly lost all season

I know the season was bad but making a decision now feels bad. Just my personal opinion, we should give a chance with new management. But if it is his last game, i hope it is done with a lot of grace

Should not underestimate the fact hes won 2 trophies

Keep him. I said he had to go after Palace, he changed things tactically…finally. Showed he still has the players on his side, he can tactically set a side up well. Let him have a go with the players that Ineos want to bring in. Having a top centre back partnership helps, having decent subs to come on helps.

Wish he changed the structure earlier. Since Arsenal I'd be happy to keep him. Deserves way more respect then he's getting from the people upstairs.

Same. I wonder if he wishes the same too.

He should be given one more season at least because injuries to key players have played a big part.

The squad needs to be improved so that it doesn't happen next season.

Set the team up perfectly, would have been a shut out if Onana was concentrating.

It's quite telling that we get a decent amount of our squad back, not even fully fit, and then deservedly beat City.

If its his last game in charge of United, what a way to go out, first time in a while that the manager hasn't lost the players before leaving.

Yup this has swung it. I didn't think we could do this. You can't sack him now. You gotta write off this season and look at the togetherness there and give him more time.
It’s a FA cup final win against the city rivals and reigning champions who are also perhaps the best team in the world at the moment. Of course the team will look absolutely ecstatic and together.

However this changes nothing. He still needs to go. You cannot have the season you have just had and say ‘eh, let’s forget the season’.

FA cup is a good way of bowing out. Thanks, and good luck for the future at a different club.

He can be proud of how it has ended for him even if it means the end. I have been his greatest critic and rightly so but we need to give him credit for two consecutive trophies.
Now we need to build from here and get every recruitment right and patience to go with it

Status
Not open for further replies.