Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is his swansong then Ten Hag can only blame himself. He showed last season that he was capable of setting up a compact team that can absorb pressure and make the most of counters. He did it again today. Had he been willing to adjust earlier in the season we wouldn't have been giving up 20 shots a game and we probably would've qualified for the Champions League. Stubbornness has been his fatal flaw. He may prefer Total Football to Mourinho ball but at least six months ago he should've seen the writing on the wall and changed things up. At least if he's sacked he can say he went out trying to be true to his idea of how we should play...

Whats he said?
He was asked that with all the speculation about Ten Hag leaving, do you think he might stay? He responded this is the time to celebrate for the players and the management. He was asked again do you think he's staying? He said that's not upto me I'm just a football player.

Whatever happens tomorrow, 3 cup finals and 2 cup wins, thank you ten Hag and good luck wherever you go!

I am celebrating, came into this usually enjoyable thread to see some nice comments once the game had ended and saw your usual drivel.

And lacked the basic comprehension skills to see it was made 20 minutes ago when we'd just conceded, yeah.

Gone from wanting him out to being neutral either way. 8th is awful, worst league campaign I have ever seen in my lifetime. But he has managed to salvage something here.

He was asked that with all the speculation about Ten Hag leaving, do you think he might stay? He responded this is the time to celebrate for the players and the management. He was asked again do you think he's staying? He said that's not upto me I'm just a football player.
So he said nothing then

First time I'm tempted to switch my vote this season. Seems silly to base it off one game, but this team today looked like last years team that could out-class teams like Barcelona on their day.

Varane and Martinez together makes us an entirely different team, and his decision to play Bruno as a false 9 is ultimately what won us the game.

We need that Apu meme

"he conceded 7, finished 8th and played without a midfield. But there goes the greatest post SAF manager United have had"

Yup this has swung it. I didn't think we could do this. You can't sack him now. You gotta write off this season and look at the togetherness there and give him more time.

I’d keep him. We just won that with McT and Amrabat and an Obama error because the CB pair was back.

Status
Not open for further replies.