Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a dolphins fan, so I have zero sympathy for your giants affliction.

Now that's sporting pain!

At least the fins were succeeding at losing on purpose (at least according to Flores). The Giants were actually trying to win and failing miserably

Thanks for this. Was planning to watch it, think you saved me few minutes of my life.
Yeah he didn't really offer anything insightful besides shoehorning our current players into Ajax's 4-2-3-1, suggesting we sign a defensive midfielder (shock horror), and possibly sign a centre back to PARTNER Maguire, yes partner not replace. No idea where he found the Sassulo forward either, I'm sure he just wanted a left of field hipster choice no one had heard of.

Ten Hag was very much at the forefront of United minds as early as January, having emerged top of the club’s data analysis of all candidates, when factoring in underlying metrics and transfer spend. A large dossier on managers was compiled but from that point on Ten Hag was more compelling than the others."

Hopefully the list was not compilted by the same people who had AWB ahead of 800 other right backs or whatever.

Let's not get blindsided by another United's PR attack here.

Hirst Reckons 120 million pound budget before sales. Which initially sounds good but when you realise we are losing Pogba Greenwood Lingard Matic Cavani all for nothing then it's in reality a fairly fecking crap budget.

Only players left to sell are worth relatively little. We'd want to be talking north of 200 million to actually replace the above alone.

And we still need more than that as well.

Not even Pep has spent that much since his been at City :eek::lol:
I’ve been saying half a billion to make a major leap forward. But eventually more than that over two or three years to get a squad comparable to City or Liv. I’ve been saying it but most people seem to think we can sell Jones and replace the whole squad with the proceeds.

He is the only choice right now and I am fully behind it. However, it is also very high risk given that he has never managed in a big league or for a too club with all eyes on them at all times. Let’s be frank, winning the league with Ajax is smooth sailing and nobody cares about Heracles and Vitesse. We might see a bloke completely out in deep water, who knows, that’s always the chance when hiring from the little leagues. Good luck, he will need it, hope his ability to implement strategy is close to what we hope.

Yea all the expiring contracts do free up millions in wages on top of the already available funds.

A few more outgoings and there should be a decent amount available for the new signings tailored to the managers aims.

No-one has a scooby if we’re honest, freeing up big wages will make a difference & much will be dependent on what is available on the market & the prices. I very much doubt we have any kind of rigid budget.
Yeah this is what I think too. I hardly think the club are going to draw a hard line at £120million, £200million, or whatever arbitrary magic figure is currently doing the rounds. Naturally, if we'd already spent £150million, I don't see them sanctioning say a £100million Harry Kane transfer, but on the flip side I don't see them saying no to a signing that would be put our spend slightly above whatever soft budget target we would have set.

I’ve been saying half a billion to make a major leap forward. But eventually more than that over two or three years to get a squad comparable to City or Liv. I’ve been saying it but most people seem to think we can sell Jones and replace the whole squad with the proceeds.
But 2-4billion pounds is ridiculous in the 3 year contract he has. Absolute madness. Would just speak to the fact that we going for galactico signings again instead of being shrewd in the market.

I’m hoping he joins on the 1st June and starts watching some of the shitshow that has happened this season and deals with it accordingly.

Hirst Reckons 120 million pound budget before sales. Which initially sounds good but when you realise we are losing Pogba Greenwood Lingard Matic Cavani all for nothing then it's in reality a fairly fecking crap budget.

Only players left to sell are worth relatively little. We'd want to be talking north of 200 million to actually replace the above alone.

We also gain the wages back, minus Greenwood

Hopefully the list was not compilted by the same people who had AWB ahead of 800 other right backs or whatever.

Let's not get blindsided by another United's PR attack here.
That was a firm hired by Woodward iirc.

Also I wouldn't be so comfortable as some of you suggesting freeing up wages from our outgoings would bolster our transfer budget necessarily. For starters we'd be adding back to the wage bill with new signings, and as a club we likely budget wages as a separate thing altogether instead of consolidating them with transfers as one expense.

This is also from the athletic article.

"Only then did the Glazers speak to Ten Hag. It was a pivotal moment, as Joel and Avram Glazer held a lengthy meeting with the Dutchman. They asked him questions and vice versa. Both parties are thought to have been impressed with each other."

This is also from the athletic article.

"Only then did the Glazers speak to Ten Hag. It was a pivotal moment, as Joel and Avram Glazer held a lengthy meeting with the Dutchman. They asked him questions and vice versa. Both parties are thought to have been impressed with each other."
What exactly impressed Ten Hag about the Glazers? Their follicle count? Sounds like the usual PR shite being fed by the club.

But 2-4billion pounds is ridiculous in the 3 year contract he has. Absolute madness. Would just speak to the fact that we going for galactico signings again instead of being shrewd in the market.
Yeah those figures are incredible - pure fantasy. We consistently spend a lot of money but I can’t see us shelling out the sums needed to close the gap quickly.

Their combined salaries can get you good player.

But yeah, there's too big of a gap between what first team needs both in numbers and quality and what club can offer finacially at the time.

We just have to be lucky with few first signings and hope Ten Hag coaching will elevate some players to new level, just about enough till we replace them with someone better.

That was a firm hired by Woodward iirc.

I wasn't overly serious about the list. More like pointing our that typically United are spreading tons of positive information about how much the new manager is great and impressive and all... But we've been there before.

The PR stuff is just bullshit.

Glad the club have officially bagged the Hag. I half joked a year or two ago we should buy Ajax lock stock and barrel.

A little surprised that he turned into an overwhelming favourite choice of the fans. Lets hope this doesn't go the way of Alexis Sanchez

Aye and therefore we need to reinvesting it.

Wages wise whoever we buy will likely be in way less than the above as we probably won't be buying big names
The players leaving are on about 1-1.5 Million a week combined. That's £75 million a year. More money able to be reinvested in the team. That's on top of the quoted £120 million and not even considering any money we get from sales.

If the list of players is true the surely it has to be RR recommendations?

No way ETH can decide that until he takes over

If the list of players is true the surely it has to be RR recommendations?

No way ETH can decide that until he takes over
I’m pretty sure he will be giving his input now. We don’t have time to wait till July 1st

At least the fins were succeeding at losing on purpose (at least according to Flores). The Giants were actually trying to win and failing miserably
I happened to have gotten the NBA when Lakers were the most exciting team (Kobe and Shaq), NFL when the Pats were underdogs against the Rams and EPL when I saw a guy in my school great in a scholesy jersey. I ended up supporting all three teams. I'm a very loyal fan and boy am I struggling right now. Have to power through it.

Also I wouldn't be so comfortable as some of you suggesting freeing up wages from our outgoings would bolster our transfer budget necessarily. For starters we'd be adding back to the wage bill with new signings, and as a club we likely budget wages as a separate thing altogether instead of consolidating them with transfers as one expense.

Agreed, I worry about some people finances when I read things like that.

I’m pretty sure he will be giving his input now. We don’t have time to wait till July 1st

Yeah. I was just replying to those who said it's BS. It probably is and we will hear loads over the next few weeks from journos who want to be relevant.

However RR remit means he should have given ETH a dossier/report on what's what.

Makes sense. To me anyway

Yeah. I was just replying to those who said it's BS. It probably is and we will hear loads over the next few weeks from journos who want to be relevant.

However RR remit means he should have given ETH a dossier/report on what's what.

Makes sense. To me anyway

I bet it's pretty thick :lol:

Basically gave them a massive dressing down and told em how it was, seems like he'd done his research

Something along the lines of..... "you're shit, your squad is shit, what are you doing, why should I waste my talents on you" seems appropriate :lol:

I wasn't overly serious about the list. More like pointing our that typically United are spreading tons of positive information about how much the new manager is great and impressive and all... But we've been there before.

The PR stuff is just bullshit.
Well you're always going to get positive news when a new manager is hired but it's still interesting insight. You can factor in Dominic Jordan being hired as the director of data science, old school Jim Lawlor and Marcel Bout being let go and you get a good idea about the direction United are heading.

Status
Not open for further replies.