Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delighted with this.

Particularly coming the around the same time as the NFL Draft. Its been a tough 10 years as a United fan and a Giants fan. ETH in at United, plus 2 top 7 picks for the Giants makes me hopeful that I'm about to actually start enjoying watching sport again.

Can't really complain about the lst 10 years at Leinster I suppose.

Last edited:
Delighted with this.

Particularly coming the same day as the NFL Draft. Its been a tough 10 years as a United fan and a Giants fan. ETH in at United, plus 2 top 7 picks for the Giants tonight makes me hopeful that I'm about to actually start enjoying watching sport again.

Can't really complain about the last 10 years at Leinster I suppose.
dude the draft is next week not today.

Ten Hag is currently planning world domination…

Cc_kane_shot.jpg

Tbf this one in particular is not that clickbaity. You don't need a report to know there will be mixed reactions ranging from excitement to skepticism. ETH is a hard boss, this is normal. Asides all that no one is expecting a lazy bunch to be happy going from Ole to an obsessive worker. We could have guessed the reaction without even reading the tweet. Not even the first time this year. They already complained about Rangnick giving them more work.
Based on your post it makes it even more clickbait then I would say.
Because so much as been posted about the apparent lazy players we have, or Ronaldo story about having a say in the manager etc, that these "journalists" know if they put something out like this it will feed the frenzy, and they were not wrong.

Knowing and speculating are to very different things, and the way that tweet is put out is as if it is known because of some ITK they imply to have, when in reality it is just sensationally speculating on something for the sole purpose of getting clicks.
Again, they know they have an audience, so as long as they do, it will keep on coming.

Even If it’s true imagine how underwhelmed he must be to work with some of our players…
I like to think he sees it more as an opportunity.

I’m betting he can’t believe his luck with regards to how easy it’ll be to replace most of this squad with better players. Hell, I’m sure he thinks he can do it and still save half that 20 million war chest for a rainy day.

Based on your post it makes it even more clickbait then I would say.
Because so much as been posted about the apparent lazy players we have, or Ronaldo story about having a say in the manager etc, that these "journalists" know if they put something out like this it will feed the frenzy, and they were not wrong.

Knowing and speculating are to very different things, and the way that tweet is put out is as if it is known because of some ITK they imply to have, when in reality it is just sensationally speculating on something for the sole purpose of getting clicks.
Again, they know they have an audience, so as long as they do, it will keep on coming.
Have you read many Jamie Jackson pieces? They are mostly so non-sensationalist that a better description would be simply 'dull'. No doubt there's a lot of clickbait out there but guardian journos tend to be on less clickbaity side of the spectrum. Maybe he's upping his game to get in on the ten hag frenzy who knows, I doubt it though.

His charisma is that he actually knows what he talks about. When that starts to sink in with people, they will take him serious as he deserves. In the media they said they were impressed with ETH`s longterm plan, i can easily imagine that, because he is a very dedicated man.

I`m curious to how he is going to play with United, he can be more flexible with it depending on the players he has at hand. But that will be in the details, he will still want to play attractive, pressing football.

The EPLmay be a more intense league, but working at Ajax has more similarities then you might think. Pressure at Ajax is really high (from media, former players and fans), just like the expectations. You play a lot of matches in a year similar to the top EPL teams and you generally have a smaller pick of players of the required skill level needed (some of you might doubt thatis the case now with United maybe).

I think its part of his qualities that he can set out a plan and follow it, without letting others influence it to much, except ofcourse when they can present the arguments to change his view. He knows what he wants. Whether thats realistic at United is very exciting to follow.

Reactions: Fortitude
It’s said 10 players are needed, this year and a 200m budget. I cannot see all of the incomings being a success, it’s more likely a figure much higher, perhaps 2-4billion to get anywhere near

2-4 billion what?

:lol:

Basically gave them a massive dressing down and told em how it was, seems like he'd done his research

potatoes. 200m will not get us back, it’ll take much more over quite a few years

So the club needs 2-4 billion to get us a league?

I actually thought that was a typo.

Put the crackpipe down :lol:

Know nothing about his coaching skills, but I've met Mitchell van der Gaag and he is honestly a great guy.

Basically gave them a massive dressing down and told em how it was, seems like he'd done his research

"United football director John Murtough, technical director Darren Fletcher and chief executive Richard Arnold flew to the Dutch capital for talks on March 21 after Ajax granted permission and were taken aback by Ten Hag’s forthright views.

The triumvirate left that meeting extremely impressed at hearing how Ten Hag proposed to improve United, gaining first-hand insight into a manager with meticulous planning and a focused approach. He did not sugarcoat his thoughts.

United executives in fact held multiple direct meetings with Ten Hag and his representatives, one of which was the first interview in Amsterdam, and at each point they came away with their impression of him enhanced.

Ten Hag was very much at the forefront of United minds as early as January, having emerged top of the club’s data analysis of all candidates, when factoring in underlying metrics and transfer spend. A large dossier on managers was compiled but from that point on Ten Hag was more compelling than the others."

Contract stage isn't the same as offer stage, which I'm glad there was a clear front runner at that individual won out in the name of Erik ten Hag.
Yeah it makes sense to figure out what all the front runners are looking for.

Delighted with this.

Particularly coming the around the same time as the NFL Draft. Its been a tough 10 years as a United fan and a Giants fan. ETH in at United, plus 2 top 7 picks for the Giants makes me hopeful that I'm about to actually start enjoying watching sport again.

Can't really complain about the lst 10 years at Leinster I suppose.
I'm a dolphins fan, so I have zero sympathy for your giants affliction.

Now that's sporting pain!

Nice read, the interesting parts are how the Poch chicken stand off took place, with neither United or PSG wanting to be the first to official start talks.

The other was how quickly Tuchel fell off of consideration, thankfully as I didn't see how that could have been possible as any new owners would be dumb to let him go.

Lastly, still feels as though the board haven't a clue on how to run things. From the article, it's as if they are constantly second guessing themselves.

Even that mention of a Gary Neville poll of how favored ETH was to the fans over Poch, was mentioned. Even though it's said it wasn't a point they used for consideration, I feel it clearly was, as they desperate to stay on the good side of the fans after years of poor management and lack of transparency with fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.