Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of your squad may look upon the remainder of the season as an audition to play their way into the squad for the season ahead but I'm sure the new Manager won't fall for that one.
Those who have downed tools in the past or don't have the guts for the challenge have to be dispensed with at the soonest sensible time.
Yeah, no. They wont do that nsor are they clever enough to realise what will happen. The self rightous cnuts

Welcome to Manchester Erik!

man-utd.jpg

:devil::devil::devil:

Feels like overoptimism bias here. Jamie Jackson is possibly the most reliable journalist when it comes to United, and many reports have said for months now that the squad are divided over Ten Hag.

Whatever it is though, I hope he gets rid of every single player against him, as it won’t be that hard to identify them. Can’t have him undermined immediately.
How would he know what 22 players think?

Some of your squad may look upon the remainder of the season as an audition to play their way into the squad for the season ahead but I'm sure the new Manager won't fall for that one.
Those who have downed tools in the past or don't have the guts for the challenge have to be dispensed with at the soonest sensible time.
Very much doubt that sadly and I would think they've known about this for weeks already and, well, you've see the results recently :lol: :(

Genuinely good news for the 1st time in a long time from this club. This seems to be good news.

Manchester United fans got what the majority wanted..... That's good.

That's also bad since the majority of fans are complete knobs.

They scout plenty of u18s they sign alot of young players its their model
Of course, but Garnacho - as I said before, has only trained with the seniors extremely recently. Why would ten hag single out him as part of his revolution, he's no where near ready for the first team.
Everyone has known Ten Hag was coming since Ole went. The very week he was let go Ten Hag’s interview answers were heavily weighted towards him leaving at the end of the season, so I’ve no doubt that he’s well acquainted with our age groups teams because he’s had this job in his sights for 6 months or so already.

That isn’t to say he particularly has high hopes of Garnacho (who he possibly also scouted heavily when he was leaving Atleti) but I’d be amazed if he doesn’t have a strong idea of many already.
Again, the reason he's been singled out by the journo is because he's hyped recently. Garnacho will - if he's lucky, make some fleeting appearances next season. Its not someone he's going to ear mark as key for his squad.

Underwhelmed... :lol: Imagine the stones to serve up the shite they have this season and still be able to feel underwhelmed at a promising manager coming in.

Of course, but Garnacho - as I said before, has only trained with the seniors extremely recently. Why would ten hag single out him as part of his revolution, he's no where near ready for the first team.

Again, the reason he's been singled out by the journo is because he's hyped recently. Garnacho will - if he's lucky, make some fleeting appearances next season. Its not someone he's going to ear mark as key for his squad.
Maybe Ralf had some input but yeah, he probably wouldnt know him at all

Too bad it isn't pronounced the same as the number ten :)

Ole isn't pronounced like Ollie and Lindelöf isn't pronounced like Linda-loff either but it hasn't stopped anybody.

Maybe Ralf had some input but yeah, he probably wouldnt know him at all
Which if he said, these are who Ralf recommended to him, would make perfect sense. I just doubt he'll make any decision on this until he sees them personally.

That's where Rangnick comes in, I hope. To relay to ETH who the chancers and frauds are in the squad.

Whether or not this is true, EtH's biggest job is going to be convincing the players to buy-in to his ideas.

We've already seen how Ole failed to make them a possession based side in the first half of this season, and how Rangnick failed to make them a pressing side in the second half. Ten Hag can't afford ambivalence to be the overriding feeling in the dressing room.

That's where Rangnick comes in, I hope. To relay to ETH who the chancers and frauds are in the squad.
For once the frauds don't get a fresh start. Once they go back to old habits there should be no leniency or grace period. Just chuck them out. Been too forgiving in the past trying to get everyone to come good.

Whether or not this is true, EtH's biggest job is going to be convincing the players to buy-in to his ideas.

We've already seen how Ole failed to make them a possession based side in the first half of this season, and how Rangnick failed to make them a pressing side in the second half. Ten Hag can't afford ambivalence to be the overriding feeling in the dressing room.
Or just throw them out.

Underwhelmed... :lol: Imagine the stones to serve up the shite they have this season and still be able to feel underwhelmed at a promising manager coming in.
Underwhelming players deserve underwhelming coaches, anyway, so if they think he’s underwhelming, they really can’t complain.

Or just throw them out.
Which is where the board and the Manchester United accountants come into the picture. Both Mourinho and Ole wanted a clear out but were prevented from doing so. For the money men, it's all about maintaining asset value on the Balance Sheet.

We just have to hope that Murtaugh/Arnold will keep out of football matters.

Really feels like we could finally be getting our shit together.

Which is where the board and the Manchester United accountants come into the picture. Both Mourinho and Ole wanted a clear out but were prevented from doing so. For the money men, it's all about maintaining asset value on the Balance Sheet.

Mourinho definitely wanted to ship some but his recruitment record went against him.

Ole, nah. He had this hoarding mentality. It was pretty evident when he didn't let Lingard and VdB leave. Cost the club another 25m.

All true and that's why I am not getting too excited about Ten Hag's appointment. Unless the club changes how it works then nobody will succeed.

Mourinho definitely wanted to ship some but his recruitment record went against him.

Ole, nah. He had this hoarding mentality. It was pretty evident when he didn't let Lingard and VdB leave. Cost the club another 25m.
Ole did as he was told, which partly cost him his job. He started off saying that the players were playing for their careers and some had played their last games for United. Then he loaned out Pereria and sold Lukaku and that was that.

Absolutely buzzing, the most excited ive been post fergie. whether he wins the league or champions league remains to be seen, but we'll be very well coached and exciting to watch.

It’s said 10 players are needed, this year and a 200m budget. I cannot see all of the incomings being a success, it’s more likely a figure much higher, perhaps 2-4billion to get anywhere near

Especially unlikely in Ole's case who came in and was allowed to move Lukaku and Sanchez. He was even allowed to have the club pay Sanchez wages to get the move. He definitely wasn't told he could move big names only to be forced to keep even worse players. They spent close to a billion between them and Ole was even given scouting freedom to alter the squad. Ole definitely wasn't denied a clear out. Jose was also granted a clear out. So many of LVG's buys were binned in his first couple years.

Some more clickbait journalism, how in the feck would they know how they players are receiving this without them actually saying it. Anyway, others lap it up, I just see it as BS. Besides, have this lot are on the way out.
You can tell he's just chatting shit because in the other Tweet the academy players he mentions are the only one's he's heard of as 2 were just added to the first team squad and 1s excelling at Forrest. Jackson's a spoofer.

Or he has no Plan B or he is very slow in changing things or making the subs.

Those were the main criticisms thrown at him early in his Ajax career.
Yeah… at Ajax it was probably genuine and without malice or agenda, and started probably later on. Same things about not having a plan B could also be labelled at Pep and other “philosophy focused” managers. If it starts early you’ll know it’s an agenda, 2 or 3 years in after say a cup SF or important league match vs a rival where it’s 0-0, or we’re losing , after 70 minutes and if he’s slow to change things then you could say it’s a genuine criticism

Some more clickbait journalism, how in the feck would they know how they players are receiving this without them actually saying it. Anyway, others lap it up, I just see it as BS. Besides, have this lot are on the way out.
Even If it’s true imagine how underwhelmed he must be to work with some of our players…

Tbf this one in particular is not that clickbaity. You don't need a report to know there will be mixed reactions ranging from excitement to skepticism. ETH is a hard boss, this is normal. Asides all that no one is expecting a lazy bunch to be happy going from Ole to an obsessive worker. We could have guessed the reaction without even reading the tweet. Not even the first time this year. They already complained about Rangnick giving them more work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.