Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the ETH out people are disappointed we’ve won 2 on the bounce.

I thought the game plan was spot on and just needed some tweaks in the 2nd half to completely shut the game down. Lots of positive signs of the team gelling and dictating control.
I much prefer this performance vs Wolves, even though we could have won that one 6-0. Felt we were much more in control.

You do realise we had many terrible performances with them in the team, or you are just going to ignore it and say it's been always like today?

We lost 7-0 against average Liverpool side with them in the team. We lost 2-0 against Spurs with them, and I am sure there were few more bad performances with those 3 in the team. Winning against West Ham isn't anything special after two seasons of shite football. Even today wasn't that great, we won on individual quality, same as last game. Last game was actually embarassing stuff from our manager, but you use this momentum to praise him after literally one good game.

I wouldn't say 'many', there have been a few but the average standard is obviously higher when they're in the team. Shock, horror, team plays better when best players are playing.

You must be furious after that comfortable 3-0 win for us. Best wishes mate.

Are you ever going to argument anything or just post same rubbish again and again?

What a terrible poster you are mate, I am not sure you understand what forums actually are, better go post on facebook where people don't respond to your post, and you can just express your opinion without having to defend it.

I had my moment of weakness when Wolves equalised. Didn’t have enough time to change my vote to “Sack” :lol: Still think Ten Hag should be held accountable for Antony and Onana transfers. Managers should never get SAF level of influence on transfers again. Hope Berrarda addresses the issue

Tbf, we have played reasonably well the last few games, so if we finish the season in a strong fashion i would not mind him getting another season.

The culture at the club was much more rotten than i thought and that isnt fixed overnight

This is my biggest fear. The thought that people can be convinced to give a proven failed experiment a chance to ruin next season. Then we'd be looking and hoping for a rebuild in 25/26, asking why we are where we are, whilst having no ambition to get to the top, given a willingness to give failure a chance. It's United, failure costs success, money and time. All of which we can't continue to lose.

Are you ever going to argument anything or just post same rubbish again and again?

What a terrible poster you are mate, I am not sure you understand what forums actually are, better go post on facebook where people don't respond to your post, and you can just express your opinion without having to defend it.
Sorry mate, I underestimated how seething you must be. Apologies.

You do realise we had many terrible performances with them in the team, or you are just going to ignore it and say it's been always like today?

We lost 7-0 against average Liverpool side with them in the team. We lost 2-0 against Spurs with them, and I am sure there were few more bad performances with those 3 in the team. Winning against West Ham isn't anything special after two seasons of shite football. Even today wasn't that great, we won on individual quality, same as last game. Last game was actually embarassing stuff from our manager, but you use this momentum to praise him after literally one good game. And that's fine, but stop calling out people because it's quite embarassing, he proved nothing yet.
7-0 in a game where the XG was 2.something if I recall correctly. It was an anomaly of a scoreline during a season where we finished 3rd, got to two finals and won a cup. Stop trying to generalise that season with one result, it's poor form.

That spurs game we should have been 2 or 3 up in by half time and if you bothered remembering, Romero got away with a blatant hand ball.

No ones denying ten hag has fecked up in some games. Early on in the season yes, and the CL campaign, yes. But there are a bucket load of games he's been trashed in with no context on injuries whatsoever. It's just daft.

Who’d have thought when the players return we start getting results…

Awfully quiet in here so far today.

In ETH we trust :drool:
Why would you expect otherwise after a win, what's the point of wumming?
Quite sad really.
We are still 6th with a negative GD, not going over board because we beat Wolves and WH. Always happy when we win, but posts like yours are such drivel.

I still believe that, contrary to what many were using as an excuse for him, we are where we are because of the quality of our players. Not lack of quality. Today was Ole esque in terms of the overall performance, but the Hojlund goal our of nowhere sealed it. Similar to his tactical suicide in the second half vs Wolves which he almost succeeded in if it wasn't for Mainoo.

One thing is for certain, the football, unsurprisingly, isn't much better with our first choice 11. For me it's got eerie similarities to the situation with Ole. We'll probably get top 4 with the way our attackers are scoring, keep him, and continue to be nowhere near next season.

I wouldn't say 'many', there have been a few but the average standard is obviously higher when they're in the team. Shock, horror, team plays better when best players are playing.

No team in the league has their best players available all the time, I read the other day about Liverpool's best XI on paper that played just one or two games when they won the CL, and read similar things for some other teams in the past.

And if I can remember few games from top of my head, then that doesn't sound well for Ten Hag.

Of course they are, they probably want us to lose every game until he is fired. Then they can brag about how football knowlegeable they are.
They are 10 yrs old kids who live on twitter/x. Best to be ignored.

7-0 in a game where the XG was 2.something if I recall correctly. It was an anomaly of a scoreline during a season where we finished 3rd, got to two finals and won a cup. Stop trying to generalise that season with one result, it's poor form.

That spurs game we should have been 2 or 3 up in by half time and if you bothered remembering, Romero got away with a blatant hand ball.

No ones denying ten hag has fecked up in some games. Early on in the season yes, and the CL campaign, yes. But there are a bucket load of games he's been trashed in with no context on injuries whatsoever. It's just daft.
2.91 - 0.92. Today it was 0.83 - 1.84. You can't big up today's performance if you want to use xg to defend the 7-0.

They had 22 shots today!

Why would you expect otherwise after a win, what's the point of wumming?
Quite sad really.
We are still 6th with a negative GD, not going over board because we beat Wolves and WH. Always happy when we win, but posts like yours are such drivel.
With the amount of constant moaning on here and responding to anyone pointing out huge amount of injuries as "excuses", of course you are going to get those kinds of posts as an effect. The former is the sad part.

2.91 - 0.92. Today it was 0.83 - 1.84. You can't big up today's performance if you want to use xg to defend the 7-0.
They had 22 shots today!
I'm not defending shit - I'm saying Liverpool overperformed their XG to smash us in a scoreline that flattered them. They still very much deserved the win against us.
The exact same could be said today vs West Ham.

What I'm laughing at is the captain bullshit posters with the "we parked the bus" comments and general whingers after we win yet another game :lol:

They might as well call it as it is and admit they have blue balls from the last Ten Hag loss.

No United supporter is disappointed that we're winning games. Stop it with this nonsense. Just because not everyone agrees on the direction the club should take doesn't mean anyone wants us to lose.

Anyway, much better today. Seems like our attacking players have finally found their finishing boots. Just need to go on a run now.

Can you please check xG for today's game? Do you think today is anomally too?

Last season was decent results wise, but our performances were equally terrible, no one can deny that.

First half was quite bad and we were likely to go ahead. We were quite good in the second half, a quite professional performance.

We are not playing that well, but we are scoring many more than before, and we are getting better results.

With the amount of constant moaning on here and responding to anyone pointing out huge amount of injuries as "excuses", of course you are going to get those kinds of posts as an effect. The former is the sad part.
Both can be sad, seems like there's an incredible amount of moaning here - are other clubs forums as divided as ours?

This is my biggest fear. The thought that people can be convinced to give a proven failed experiment a chance to ruin next season. Then we'd be looking and hoping for a rebuild in 25/26, asking why we are where we are, whilst having no ambition to get to the top, given a willingness to give failure a chance. It's United, failure costs success, money and time. All of which we can't continue to lose.

Its a big caveat here though. In "strong fashion" i mean winning most of our games (70-80%) as well as taking some big scalps along the way. If we did i could get on board the idea he was turning things around

If the current strek just turns out to be a blip, i want him out

I guess you guys have no clue really. The away team was able to produce 20+ shots!

Can you please check xG for today's game? Do you think today is anomally too?

Last season was decent results wise, but our performances were equally terrible, no one can deny that.
I did check the XG, my point being Liverpool deserved the victory in a scoreline which flattered them. Today it was the same for us.

However to have whingers come out and moan every time we win a deserved victory is getting tiresome. Also we were not terrible last season in our play, that is utter bollocks. We certainly tailed down in form toward the final third of the season but the revisionism on the season as a whole is laughable.

I'm not defending shit - I'm saying Liverpool overperformed their XG to smash us in a scoreline that flattered them. They still very much deserved the win against us.
The exact same could be said today vs West Ham.

What I'm laughing at is the captain bullshit posters with the "we parked the bus" comments and general whingers after we win yet another game :lol:

They might as well call it as it is and admit they have blue balls from the last Ten Hag loss.
I'm sure everyone is happy with the win but some are going over the top with the "look how good we are with players back" stuff.

The biggest change for me has been the move of Garnacho to the right giving us significantly more goal threat from the front 3.

Only because we let them.
Because they were reduced to. They were taking pot shots because they couldnt break us down. Outside of that looped pass to Bowen they literally had no cutting edge in their play. But sure, make shit up .

Status
Not open for further replies.