Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’d have thought when the players return we start getting results…

Awfully quiet in here so far today.

In ETH we trust :drool:

6th, 8 points off top 4, 13 points off the top (they also have a game in hand), horrendous away record, GD of -1, out of Europe from a very easy group, and dealing with questionable squad fitness and injury issues which could very well be contributed to a lack of physical preparation, particularly when you consider how he started both seasons.

It’s a great day, and I am very relieved, but it’s not the time to be gloating over people who question the manager. It has still been a terrible season, and it’s been in large part, his doing. He has a lot to prove.

I predict no more than 2 new pages in this thread before next game.

Also, cheers to the people saying Hojlund was not a great transfer.

We’re 6th - with 9 losses and the season effectively done for in February. Goal difference still in overdraft as of the time of this post - and people are doing “where are the haters at?! trust ETH” victory laps? odd behaviour.

Just enjoy the positive second half and - ultimately - comfortable win, without being weird.

Because after every game you have a stream of posters calling the manager a twat for the results when half his first team is missing or half fit

Let him cook.
Even the best teams struggle when they have players out.

So may be it was down to Injuries ? Well some posters don't know and so will have to be taught about this game. Personally to me, it's just common sense though

I’d be gutted if he gets sacked. He over achieved in his first season with a third placed finish and a cup. This season has been tough with everything going on (sancho, Antony, noise around club sale, rashford and especially the injuries we have had) it is never going to be a bed of roses managing this club with where it’s at and it certainly won’t magically win premier leagues over night.

I want to see him fully supported with proper ownership and infrastructure. I love him.
Being generous here. He's been given plenty of chances and made some bizarre decisions both in set up and transfers. Real Madrid wouldn't stand for it.

What I will say is, everyone wants the same thing, and that’s for a successful Manchester United, and a 3-0 win at home over a good side can only ever be a good thing.

Let’s all run around with our hands in the air. We won.

Balanced first half but we definitely looked better than we have this season which is a positive. Dalot was class

A reverse of Wolves game, we weren’t actually all that good for the first 50-60 minutes but got the lead, but this time he actually managed the game well in the second half. Encouraging.

Sorry, we'll challenge for the title now. Happy?
You're such a whinger fecking hell. It's all extremes, we either parked the bus or we challenge for the title.

What a mess of a poster.

Parked the bus in the first half and could've gone another way if they equalised.

We were watching different games. First half we were slow progressing the ball but had more possession, and they were all about counter attacks and set pieces. The better chances were ours from general play, though they had a couple of half chances and a load of optimistic shots, I guess.

Because after every game you have a stream of posters calling the manager a twat for the results when half his first team is missing or half fit

Why would that be disconcerting and/or surprising to anyone considering where United are at this point in time of the season and the level of performances? There have been enough things to rightly criticise and question the manager on.

United won a game today - United has underperformed greatly all season. Both things are true.

Let him cook.

As with Klopp with Liverpool, he himself said another team would've probably sacked him - Jury is still out on ETH and we should decide at the end of the season, but for now just let him do his thing and let's see where we get to. Rasmus, Mainoo and Garnacho in one picture though - love to see it :)

So may be it was down to Injuries ? Well some posters don't know and so will have to be taught about this game. Personally to me, it's just common sense though
Of course it is. You can see how much more comfortable with Shaw licha and Casemiro back involved. I remember those mug posts suggesting that it made no difference, it's just hilarious.

Lord knows how wel do vs Villa, I'm sure the blue balls gang are gagging for a loss, but to suggest we aren't improved with key players back is just daft.

You're such a whinger fecking hell. It's all extremes, we either parked the bus or we challenge for the title.

What a mess of a poster.
Maybe stop being so sensitive.
We were watching different games. First half we were slow progressing the ball but had more possession, and they were all about counter attacks and set pieces. The better chances were ours from general play, though they had a couple of half chances and a load of optimistic shots, I guess.
We played pure Oleball, we let them have possession and did not even try to press or win the ball in the first half. I'm not against it if it works though, as we've seen in the second half. But i've seen enough of it to know that sometimes it doesn't, and i just pointed out that they could have equalised off one of their set pieces.

At the end of the day it worked, I'm not giving ETH crap for it.

Why would that be disconcerting and/or surprising to anyone considering where United are at this point in time of the season and the level of performances? There have been enough things to rightly criticise and question the manager on.

United won a game today - United has underperformed greatly all season. Both things are true.
United have also had a massive injury issue in the time they've been off form, which posters such as yourself have massively underplayed.

A reverse of Wolves game, we weren’t actually all that good for the first 50-60 minutes but got the lead, but this time he actually managed the game well in the second half. Encouraging.
I think this is the right analysis of the last 2 games. 2 tricky away fixtures coming up but there have been significant elements of the Wolves game and today to give encouragement despite neither being perfect by any means.

I thought the game plan was spot on and just needed some tweaks in the 2nd half to completely shut the game down. Lots of positive signs of the team gelling and dictating control.

We played pure Oleball, we let them have possession and did not even try to press or win the ball. I'm not against it if it works, as we've seen in the second half. But i've seen enough of it to know that sometimes it doesn't, and i just pointed out that they could have equalised off one of their set pieces.

You said we parked the bus, which is just made up shite to be honest.

Let him cook.
No they don’t because they have an elite squad of 23-25 players that can come in and do the same job. ETH bought Antony, Mount, Onana, Amrabat, Mallacia all not fit physically or mentally for this club, imagine if he had spent that £210m from his precious Dutch league on Kudas(40m), Alvarez(30m), Gatkpo(30m) and then bought D Costa (60m) and KMJ (40m) we would be saying the guys a genius in the transfer market but he didn’t did he ?

No they don’t because they have an elite squad of 23-25 players that can come in and do the same job. ETH bought Antony, Mount, Onana, Amrabat, Mallacia all not fit physically or mentally for this club, imagine if he had spent that £210m from his precious Dutch league on Kudas(40m), Alvarez(30m), Gatkpo(30m) and then bought D Costa (60m) and KMJ (40m) we would be saying the guys a genius in the transfer market but he didn’t did he ?
Maybe he shouldn't call the shots alone, which is a structural issue more tan a managerial one.

Also, the redcafe managers were laughing at people saying we need Martinez back and he'll transform our build up.

He makes such a crucial difference to the team that if you don't see it, just retire from commenting on football.

Which teams have 23-25 elite players then?

We played pure Oleball, we let them have possession and did not even try to press or win the ball in the first half. I'm not against it if it works though, as we've seen in the second half. But i've seen enough of it to know that sometimes it doesn't, and i just pointed out that they could have equalised off one of their set pieces.

We had more possession until we were 2:0 up

Let’s all run around with our hands in the air. We won.

Balanced first half but we definitely looked better than we have this season which is a positive. Dalot was class

Dalot was amazing. But the whole team played well, sans Rashford. Him, he looked like he played the game in slow motion but then again, who didnt have a bad game played when you went out with your mates the night before, being paid three hundred seventy five thousand pounds per week.

For EtH, this is 4 wins in 6 games. Clean sheet, much more laid back tactics. Not sure if this is what i prefer but on the other hand i would like us to catch the top 4 guys. Next week will be very important against Villa.

Lets also spare a thought for the guy many had favoured over EtH, now managing Chelsea. I like Pochetino but atm EtH is imo the perfect fit for Man United in this time. I hope he manages to get a top 4 finish and some choice summer new recruitments, preferably well scouted and especially, well negotiated financially.

Hopefully he's beginning to get something going now.

Top 4 isn't out of reach if we can find last seasons form. The teams around us are dropping points every week also.

Tbf, we have played reasonably well the last few games, so if we finish the season in a strong fashion i would not mind him getting another season.

The culture at the club was much more rotten than i thought and that isnt fixed overnight

Yes credit for TH today. The only fly in the ointment is keep subbing Antony on. He surely could have given the minutes to Amad at 3 up.

Cautiously optimistic we'll continue our run of form. Scored twice or more 6 times in the last 7 games, Hojlund is in form and we look more threatening going forward.

I remember those mug posts suggesting that it made no difference, it's just hilarious.

You do realise we had many terrible performances with them in the team, or you are just going to ignore it and say it's been always like today?

We lost 7-0 against average Liverpool side with them in the team. We lost 2-0 against Spurs with them, and I am sure there were few more bad performances with those 3 in the team. Winning against West Ham isn't anything special after two seasons of shite football. Even today wasn't that great, we won on individual quality, same as last game. Last game was actually embarassing stuff from our manager, but you use this momentum to praise him after literally one good game. And that's fine, but stop calling out people because it's quite embarassing, he proved nothing yet.

You do realise we had many terrible performances with them in the team, or you are just going to ignore it and say it's been always like today?

We lost 7-0 against average Liverpool side with them in the team. We lost 2-0 against Spurs with them, and I am sure there were few more bad performances with those 3 in the team. Winning against West Ham isn't anything special after two seasons of shite football. Even today wasn't that great, we won on individual quality, same as last game. Last game was actually embarassing stuff from our manager, but you use this momentum to praise him after literally one good game.
You must be furious after that comfortable 3-0 win for us. Best wishes mate.

Let's hope Martinez injury isnt bad and available, chaps levels above rest in team.

If its a case he is injured and all other Defenders are available hope he sticks to a regular back 4. Swaping centre halfs each game will kill us.

Status
Not open for further replies.