Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine how desperate you must be to shit on ETH, that after winning 2 tough fixtures, you come in this thread to bring up the 7-0.
Wow.

I'm sure everyone is happy with the win but some are going over the top with the "look how good we are with players back" stuff.

The biggest change for me has been the move of Garnacho to the right giving us significantly more goal threat from the front 3.
The degree of comfort we now have playing out thanks to Licha, casemiro, Shaw and Mainoo all playing together is massive. That is the biggest factor by far.

The degree of comfort we now have playing out thanks to Licha, casemiro, Shaw and Mainoo all playing together is massive. That is the biggest factor by far.
We slightly edged possession to West Ham. At home.

Imagine how desperate you must be to shit on ETH, that after winning 2 tough fixtures, you come in this thread to bring up the 7-0.
Wow.
Yeah I’m still ETH out but will gladly admit that we have improved and I’m very happy with this.

We slightly edged possession to West Ham. At home.
Who gives a feck? We aren't solely a possession based team. That's fine with me, I liked our attacks today and I thought we looked very organized when letting West Ham do feck all with the ball themselves outside of take a long shot or punt it into the box in hit and hope.

"slightly edged possession". The blue balls is real.

Who gives a feck? We aren't solely a possession based team. That's fine with me, I liked our attacks today and I thought we looked very organized when letting West Ham do feck all with the ball themselves outside of take a long shot or punt it into the box in hit and hope.

So we don't have a great deal of comfort in possession as you say. Make your mind up.

Only two wins less in the league than Arsenal, City, Villa and one win less then Spurs. It’s just painful how many we lose and how bad we play most of the time.

But two wins in a row now, hopefully things will get better.

No United supporter is disappointed that we're winning games. Stop it with this nonsense. Just because not everyone agrees on the direction the club should take doesn't mean anyone wants us to lose.

Anyway, much better today. Seems like our attacking players have finally found their finishing boots. Just need to go on a run now.
Have you not been reading all the comments in the last few weeks? It was all ETH being bad even though we didn’t have our strongest squad. Now that we’ve got it we’re playing better just as ETH said we would but he wasn’t aloud to use that as an excuse. Hopefully this is the start of a run like you said.

So we don't have a great deal of comfort in possession as you say. Make your mind up.
We've got a lot of comfort in possession. We dont throw away the ball quickly after 2 passes, we are able to sustain our build ups from the back. We also have a lot of comfort out of possession.
I hope that makes sense for you.

Seriously what is with these critics? 4 wins out of the last 6 games, against some very impressive opposition - top 6 teams no less. But every time something is wrong. The stance, the passing, the attempts, hell, even the goals and now even the wins arent good enough. WUM attitude imo.

Proof positive that you need to watch the game and not just the stat sheet.
Did you watch the game, seriously? I not only watched the game but am watching arse vs pool now. In comparison, we were so poor in every aspect.

It was a good win and the performance was closer to our levels last season when we were playing well and just our 2nd win this season against a top 6 side. Hope it continues as it'll be difficult against Villa away from home. We're still 6th in the table, well behind top 4, so I'll reserve my judgment until we can go on an extended run.

I'm neither ETH in or out, but it's pleasing seeing our youngsters playing well and us actually scoring goals.

However, we just can't seem to exert any control over games, and give the opposition too many chances. West Ham were poor going forward today, but a better team would have given us more problems in that respect. Mainoo looks a gem but the midfield is still an issue.

Second time this season we’ve gone 3 PL games without defeat. Aston Villa (a) next so let’s see if we really have turned a corner.

The thing with people being happy now is that the reasons that that we’re stated for poor and miss jointed performances are appearing to be correct. When you have key players missing or in poor form the team will play poorly. For me I’m not taking anything for granted in that injuries will hit us again and we will fall of agin. I’m just hoping for a gathering of points that will get champions league next season.

Second time this season we’ve gone 3 PL games without defeat. Aston Villa (a) next so let’s see if we really have turned a corner.
Really difficult game given their form this season. Wouldn't be surprised if we lost there but hopefully we can pull out a result, would represent a statement of intent for our European hopes.

Its a big caveat here though. In "strong fashion" i mean winning most of our games (70-80%) as well as taking some big scalps along the way. If we did i could get on board the idea he was turning things around

If the current strek just turns out to be a blip, i want him out

I was there at some point in December. But my concern with Ten Haag, even with a run, is how fragile his management and system is when things aren't perfect.
I've seen so many top teams over the years have difficult spells with injuries or Afcon commitments. These teams were still able to play good football, even if results weren't perfect. Showing that the structures were at least functional for every circumstance.
However, this season, Ten Haag basically proved how inflexible his management and systems are. I can't trust that even with the smallest run of injuries, we would consistently be eliminated from title races and champions league contentions.
For me, if he had been able to use other systems during this period and have creative wins with new formations, I would have more hope. But for large patches of this season, he just sat on his hands and said " what will be will be". That's not what winners do. He doesn't have the urgency of one. From Pep to Conte to Klopp to even Arteta and Ancelotti, all of them have always been to finding/changing strategies to win. Conte came to Chelsea with a 433 then switched to a 343. Pep started using inverted full backs, has gone to a non striker 442 and has most recently employed a system with a hybrid CB/DM. Ancelotti is using a diamond currently (and had it at Milan), has used 433 and a 4321. Klopp came in with a 4231, switched to a 433 and a style different to what was employed at Dortmund. Yet with ETH, all I've seen is him employ a long ball strategy between November and December to survive. It's not just the system, it's the man I don't trust. People call him stubborn, but I actually believe he's not as tactically sound as people think he is ( due to his Ajax routes).

Ole was given three seasons, Jose was given three seasons, and we want to get rid of Erik who's presently in his second season? He won us our first bit of silverware last season after a long six year drought. He's had a whole lot of off-field antics and on-field disaster to deal with working with players that are vastly not his and have been stealing a living since the days of Van Gaal? Erik deserves one full season under the organization of INEOS. The last thing they want to do is get rid of Ten Hag while we still have shambolic players who've overstayed their welcome at the club.

I did check the XG, my point being Liverpool deserved the victory in a scoreline which flattered them. Today it was the same for us.

However to have whingers come out and moan every time we win a deserved victory is getting tiresome. Also we were not terrible last season in our play, that is utter bollocks. We certainly tailed down in form toward the final third of the season but the revisionism on the season as a whole is laughable.

You do realise this thread was bumped by few of you Ten Hag supporters calling out haters, saying where they are now, etc. :lol:

There's literally tens of posts, probably even more before someone replies that it wasn't great performance, but it was good win, etc. Please go back read the posts after the game again.

Martinez out for the season is massively going to hinder our progress. Maguire will need to step up and Varane needs to stay fit. One game a week could be a blessing after all. Tough game next.

Let's post about his transfers again.

Hojlund - amazing young talent, already 10 goals in his first season. Just turned 21.
Martinez - absolutely world class CB, crucial for our team.
Casemiro - bar a few games with poor form, our most important midfielder.
Eriksen - on a free, provided what he can for the team, precious experience to give to the younger players.
Malacia - good backup, still in development, unlucky with injury. Wish we had him available, so we can give Shaw more rest.

Mount - still nothing to say, unlucky with injury. Proven player that can yet turn out to be good signing.

Onana - dodgy and shaky at times, had a few brilliant moments. Questionable transfer.

Antony - bad transfer, bad fee, could be called "disaster".

Rest are loans.

The "don't give him money, his transfers are awful" narrative is just silly.

Mount - still nothing to say, unlucky with injury. Proven player that can yet turn out to be good signing.

Onana - dodgy and shaky at times, had a few brilliant moments. Questionable transfer.

Antony - bad transfer, bad fee, could be called "disaster".

Rest are loans.

The "don't give him money, his transfers are awful" narrative is just silly.
That's like 200m right there

Status
Not open for further replies.