Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really doesn’t help himself at times.
It's a report from 1 newspaper which is likely bullshit, it's not a quote from him so I'm not sure how this is him not helping himself.

I don't see any world where he would leave of his own accord unless things get really toxic behind the scenes, he's not going to get a bigger job, but he likely will be gone in the summer if performances and results don't become more consistent.

It's a report from 1 newspaper which is likely bullshit, it's not a quote from him so I'm not sure how this is him not helping himself.

I don't see any world where he would leave of his own accord unless things get really toxic behind the scenes, he's not going to get a bigger job, but he likely will be gone in the summer if performances and results don't become more consistent.

I said that on the basis the report was true in which case it would be quite something to claim you haven’t been backed properly after spending £400m and pretty damn badly at that. If it is all bollocks then fair enough forget what I said.

You defend like that when at least 2 up with 10 mins to go. When you are only one up then surely you attack to kill off the game. We could have easiily threw that away at the end.

The reason Wolves equalised towards the end of the game was because moments before, Ten Hag visibly encouraged us to push forward for a corner to get another goal.

I mean you cant have it all roads.

The issue we have is the drop in quality between first xi and subs bench. Not just in terms of levels but in player profile. It's an issue the director of football coming in should be keen to address. Otherwise weth

Whilst the report itself is most likely rubbish, there is a point to be made.

There's a good percentage of people who are Ten Hag out that also correlate with the Rangnick open heart surgery crowd.
If they believe one, then they cannot deny the other.

I said that on the basis the report was true in which case it would be quite something to claim you haven’t been backed properly after spending £400m and pretty damn badly at that. If it is all bollocks then fair enough forget what I said.
For sure it would be a massive cheek if it was true given how big a say he's had in our recruitment but I'd be shocked if it is in fairness.

Barring a miracle turn around he’ll be gone at the EOS if not before.

Here we go again.
ETH needs to be blamed and condemned forever for Antony and Onana.
But under any circumstances should he get praised for Martinez and Hojlund.

Also no credit for including, playing and developing Garnacho, Mainoo and now most likely Forson.

I get the reasons people want ETH out. But not giving him any credit for anything is plain stupidity, lack of any objectivism and just looks like trolling.

Tomorrow we need a win, and we need it badly. This season we always failed to build on after a good performance and big win.
Time to change that.

The issue we have is the drop in quality between first xi and subs bench.
This is the single biggest factor imo why we have been rubbish over the last 10 years. Fergie mainly always had a decent bench and like City nowadays, thats why we didnt have a big drop off when having to cover the main 11.

In theory, if EtH stays, we should have some funds from sales; it depends on how good this new club structure is at offloading players. Sancho will be hard to shift because of the wages, but Maguire should still be around 30 million, Scott McTominay's value hasn't gone down (7+ goals this season), Rashford is a possible sale ( :nervous:) the loan players too if they do well. There should be money there it's just so important to get every signing right this time.

There's a good percentage of people who are Ten Hag out that also correlate with the Rangnick open heart surgery crowd.
If they believe one, then they cannot deny the other.
Problem is that we need to sell some of the ones that Ten Hag himself brought in himself, as his eye for talent isnt that great.

Who’d have thought when the players return we start getting results…

Awfully quiet in here so far today.

In ETH we trust :drool:

Shaky first half. Good second half. But most importantly - winning games now

ETH did say you’ll see a different team when everyone’s fit. 2 out of 2 wins. 3+ goals in them.

When we win a game and people complain about the manager: "why are you complaining, we won"

When we win a game and people don't complain: "HAHA it's quiet in here now!"

Very ropey first half but a much better second. I still don't see this team going on a real run unless we can start controlling games more regularly but a positive week in the hunt for European football next season.

When we win a game and people complain about the manager: "why are you complaining, we won"

When we win a game and people don't complain: "HAHA it's quiet in here now!"

Well there’s also the option of praise…

If we have a similar 2025, there'd be noone else to blame but the club. He's already done enough to get sacked. Nothing else he does from now should change that for any club with serious ambitions.

Rode our luck heavily today but a good weekend for our Europa/Conference hopes.

Will have to do it without Martinez I reckon.

Nobody denied we will be able to beat West Ham when our full first team returns, especially on individual quality like we did today. Tactically we haven't thrown away 3-0 lead so you can say we did well there too.

I’d be gutted if he gets sacked. He over achieved in his first season with a third placed finish and a cup. This season has been tough with everything going on (sancho, Antony, noise around club sale, rashford and especially the injuries we have had) it is never going to be a bed of roses managing this club with where it’s at and it certainly won’t magically win premier leagues over night.

I want to see him fully supported with proper ownership and infrastructure. I love him.

We’re 6th - with 9 losses and the season effectively done for in February. Goal difference still in overdraft as of the time of this post - and people are doing “where are the haters at?! trust ETH” victory laps? odd behaviour.

Just enjoy the positive second half and - ultimately - comfortable win, without being weird. United won a game, be happy

Amazing what having most of your first team available will do.

Great win today...to continue the renewed good form of the past few weeks.

Well done EtH!

We’re 6th - with 9 losses and the season effectively done for in February. Goal difference still in overdraft as of the time of this post - and people are doing “where are the haters at?! trust ETH” victory laps? odd behaviour.

Just enjoy the positive second half and - ultimately - comfortable win, without being weird.
I was actually going to ask how the blue ball gang were hanging.

Amazing what having most of your first team available will do.

Great win today...to continue the renewed good form of the past few weeks.

Well done EtH!
And yet we got sarcastic nonsense from a few posters suggesting it's not a material problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.