Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
To change nothing after that first half is indefensible. We’ve actually managed to look even worse after the break.

We’re in that phase now where every win is just pointless if not downright detrimental because all it does is postpone the inevitable. It’s just a matter of when we string three defeats together. With the schedule we have coming on, it probably won’t be too long.

How can anyone say “Galatasaray was decent”, as if it is some sort of positive. The CL campaign is so far below the standard it’s not even funny. It’s a sackable offense by itself, an unforgivable campaign after a summer of real backing.

He needs to be gone before 2024, and there needs to be a proper director of football and recruitment team dictating policy at the club. Bring in someone whose only job is to coach the players.

Any more days of Ten Hag are wasted ones. Interim to see out the season while the appropriate changes are made above.

Eddie and ETH are complete opposites. Eddie is a great man manager, manage his squad problems very well, and his team plays the best transition football in the league. Eddie's players always perform with high confidence and better than what their actual quality suggests. Additionally, He is a cool guy to have conversations with.

I just hope the next man in charge isn't in charge of the transfers.

We need someone in charge of our recruitment who prioritises the right players to give the manager the best platform to implement what should hopefully be a progressive style of football where we play on the front foot. Players who aren't signed for name value or stats alone. Players who can still excel in tight spaces, who can shield the ball, who can dribble, who aren't afraid of physicality. Things we've been lacking for far too long.

I'm done with the cowardly, uninspiring football we've been playing for over a decade now.

At least you're not stubborn enough to change your opinion based on facts.

I was desperate for us to hire ETH but I was so wrong about him. I overlooked the concerns raised with his management style in the hopes things go well.
I don't think he's a bad manager but this club will swallow up any but the very best. You have to be able to handle the pressure and size of the club, along with being top coach. Ten hag can coach, but can he coach a system where you dominate against other teams with similar resources and squad levels? Clearly not. All good to do it at Ajax or with teams like Bayern/Barca/Real Madrid. Coaching in the prem is more difficult because of the competition.

Nah wouldn't be fair on any other guy to take charge a couple of days before Anfield. Bin him off straight after that one.
Let the caretaker take charge. It'd make the hammering a lot easier to take.

I've lost that romanticism that came with him because of the way he got Ajax to play. I've accepted he will not get us ever play like that and that he may well be clueless on how to manage a top level club in the premier league.

It's looking very unlikely his the chosen one, shame
Perhaps we need to stop looking for a "chosen one". The cult of the manager is a huge issue with our fanbase.

People have been saying this since last season when we were scraping results, said it at the start of this season too but it was always met with we’ve won a trophy

Who the feck cares what people say?

Most said the exact same after Jose and Ole's super fantastic second placed finishes and got met with "second place/cup final". As shite as I thought both of those were, I actually gave credit to a degree for those seasons. ETH done relatively well last season and he's tanking this season; it is what it is.

I mean I get you can't fix player mistakes but, this isn't helped by the fact that the way we set up, the way we press, the way we play out invites sooooooo much pressure. The tactics we play under Ten Hag aren't working, he's not willing to change and so it's time to move on.

I mean we've essentially become a hoof ball team and a crap version because we have no one fighting for balls so it just comes right back.

What’s not to sack in a manager who doesn’t think strikers are important and who buys liability keeper because he happens to know them.

It's unbelievable but they have played the entire 70 mins in our final third. We have parked the bus but they are still able to find pockets of space as and when they wish.

How can Manchester United be this bad?

I think we have finally reached nadir. ETH has brought us to the promised land.

People should have known he was fugazi the moment he said Pep underestimated the prem, and then his idea for a working midfield in them prem was ICD Eriksen, Bruno Fernandes and an aging Casemiro as solo pivot

then signed Mason Mount

What’s not to sack in a manager who doesn’t think strikers are important and who buys liability keeper because he happens to know them.
Can we reset the poll in the other thread? I refuse to believe our fans are that stupid.

It's unbelievable but they have played the entire 70 mins in our final third. We have parked the bus but they are still able to find pockets of space as and when they wish.

How can Manchester United be this bad?

I think we have finally reached nadir. ETH has brought us to the promised land.
We were bad under previous managers but we were never consistently can't get out of our own half bad.

Who the feck cares what people say?

Most said the exact same after Jose and Ole's super fantastic second placed finishes and got met with "second place/cup final". As shite as I thought both of those were, I actually gave credit to a degree for those seasons. ETH done relatively well last season and he's tanking this season; it is what it is.
Will you ever get over your hard on for Ole.

because it was tiring as feck whenever someone questioned the manager it was met with carling cup trophy. We’ve struggled since that. It is what it is

He's got us playing like a newly promoted championship team desperately trying to survive the onslaught. Feck me

Perhaps we need to stop looking for a "chosen one". The cult of the manager is a huge issue with our fanbase.

Yep, and they get too long in the job too in the hope they will turn it around, but it never happens. Kept Mourinho, Ole two months too long after it was the end, Ten Hag could have went after the Man City game.

Will you ever get over your hard on for Ole.

because it was tiring as feck whenever someone questioned the manager it was met with carling cup trophy. We’ve struggled since that. It is what it is

It's calling the likes of you out on your fecking bullshit. You actually have the audacity to say people retorted with "he won a trophy" when you and your band of merry men screamed "third and second place" at anyone who would listen. I'll continue to call out this hypocrisy.

Tbf, it's madness that that's a real thing.

Performance wise, it feels like we should easily be somewhere in the bottom half.
It'll be 12+ in the New Year. We've obviously decided to write off the season with the fraud in charge.

We hoped for another Pep but ended up getting the Dutch Sean Dyche

ETH has made us a comfortable mid table side. he will struggle to get another job in the premier league with a top half club after this stint

Tbf, it's madness that that's a real thing.

Performance wise, it feels like we should easily be somewhere in the bottom half.
Not that crazy. Extrapolate it over 38 games and you're looking at a 12-15 point gap. And that's without taking into consideration the actual fixtures played so far, of which ours have been relatively easy compared to the ones remaining.

Tactically clueless. I’m tired of watching this shit football every week win or lose.

There’s no excuses after 18 months and numerous signings.

It's calling the likes of you out on your fecking bullshit. You actually have the audacity to say people retorted with "he won a trophy" when you and your band of merry men screamed "third and second place" at anyone who would listen. I'll continue to call out this hypocrisy.
The likes of me :lol: Ok gate keeper. I liked Ole as our manager, it was ten times the football were watching now but his time came to an end. I liked getting ten hag, I recognised we’ve been shit since March. Oh the likes of me.

find where I screamed third and second place

We were bad under previous managers but we were never consistently can't get out of our own half bad.

Yup. Even Jose's 6 at the back had more attacking ideas and intent than this bullshit.

And this is against a team who are playing their 3rd game in the week unchanged.

Not that crazy. Extrapolate it over 38 games and you're looking at a 12-15 point gap. And that's without taking into consideration the actual fixtures played so far, of which ours have been relatively easy compared to the ones remaining.

Well I meant crazy in the sense that we look fecking appalling everytime we take to the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.