Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today has been huge in terms of a loss of confidence I have in him. It is laughable how bad we are against top half teams. Pathetic performances game after game, pathetic tactics, totally dominated every time we play anyone who is not a bottom half side. He surely can't actually be thinking that these tactics function? I'm pretty over him to be honest and after today I'm pretty much switching away from thinking he'll ever implement something that works for us.

Welcome to the right path, my brother. Took you long enough but it's never too late!

I could accept the bad results more if they were moments of bad concentration, or bad refereeing decisions or whatever, leading to tight defeats. But we are completely outplayed again and again. Absolutely embarrassing stuff.

Why does he always just let games ride out without changing things? He has good options on the bench, what's the excuse? I saw Ajax fans moaning about his ingame management but I never thought it would be this bad. Even Ole was better at this aspect of the game

I really wanted him to work but it just isn't. Today has been embarrassing. We should be 3 or 4 down, in reality.

How much Newcastle have transformed within only one year is enough to throw all the excuses for Ten Hag out of the window. People keep convincing us we need 3 years at least to play like Newcastle have accomplished in 1 year.
It's laughable isn't it, imagine giving ten Hag another £400m over the next two seasons, to only say the same after those two seasons. This manager isn't up to the task at all, same goes for most of the players, including players he's signed.

I've had it with him.

Some terrible signings on his recommendations and not being strong enough on dropping players or making substitutions.

I brought in 2 Newcastle attackers in FPL as I knew we’d be taken apart. So I didn’t expect a lot.

But not making a sub until 60 mins after that performance is bonkers. Sackable offence alone.

How much Newcastle have transformed within only one year is enough to throw all the excuses for Ten Hag out of the window. People keep convincing us we need 3 years at least to play like Newcastle have accomplished in 1 year.
Agree. We spent a fortune and look so lifeless. He seems to have completely lost his idea and is just throwing players out there without any clear vision of what he wants them to do.

Think it's the price we're paying for having a ridiculous amount of success with one manager for 26 years
It is yeah. But us fans' confusion of how to think about managers is just a sideshow to the club's structural inability to work with managers, the latter being the true price of SAF's legendary tenure.

400 million wasted
No sign of a playing style being implemented or even attempted just still moments FC
Refuses to drop Rashford despite poor performances
Awful in game management.
Has fallen out with too many senior players
Time is up. Got to go

I just hope he takes Rashford with him when he leaves, because it's apparently the hill he choses to die on anyway.

Welcome to the right path, my brother. Took you long enough but it's never too late!
I like giving them a chance but the guy just doesn't know how to coach any sort of balance or control into our team, pretty clearly.

We need a new coach.
New methods.
New thinking.
New way of set-up.
New ways of attacking and defending.

Feels like he always waits until we concede to make changes, even if the game is already playing out in a way where it appears inevitable we'll eventually concede.

Zero proactiveness.

As usual, have to wait for rot to set in completely and season to be a complete write-off for any action to be taken.

No decisive, pro-activity at the club, just a malaise. Horrendous fitness, terrible football, can’t beat any decent teams, embarrassed in an easy CL group. The club just continues to fall along with its standards.

Wonder what's going through the heads of Rashy and Martial when they're pulled out of a game after a hour. Must be embarrassing.
If they felt any embarrassment they wouldn't jog around looking like they'd rather be somewhere else. They simply don't care, just like their mate Sancho

Today has been huge in terms of a loss of confidence I have in him. It is laughable how bad we are against top half teams. Pathetic performances game after game, pathetic tactics, totally dominated every time we play anyone who is not a bottom half side. He surely can't actually be thinking that these tactics function? I'm pretty over him to be honest and after today I'm pretty much switching away from thinking he'll ever implement something that works for us.
I will change my vote today in the sacking thread. He is not the future and I overestimated him. It is sad but it is what it is. There are other fish in the sea.

Wonder what's going through the heads of Rashy and Martial when they're pulled out of a game after a hour. Must be embarrassing.
There deserve it! They can’t even moan about it they’ve been atrocious. Rashford shouldn’t even be starting games.

and how many of these Newcastle players would pep and klopp have in their team?

I compeletely agree our club is run terribly, but this manager is just not very good at all

I want him gone too mate but the real issue is how none of our managers have gotten players to actually work hard. Pep and Klopp would take a lot of this Newcastle players on effort alone. Look at Antony Gordon, he is not even half the talent of Rashford but he works so hard every game that he is a better player than Rashford. Until we have a squad of players that will run their socks off then we will fail. Football is no longer about the best players it is mainly about working hard on and off the ball and none of squad can so that. An average squad like Newcastle can get a long way by just working very very hard. None of our players have worked hard enough under any manager in the last 10 years, I feel that the likes of you want a simple fix and that a new manager will solve everything but unfortunately I'm a the point where I'm not sure if it will ever be fixed. With all the new money in the PL and all clubs being relatively rich then I honestly think we'll always be a 4-8th team. I'm 35 and I don't think we'll win the League again in my lifetime. I didn't want Qatar as owners but that type of feck you money was the last chance we had for me.

People have been saying this since last season when we were scraping results, said it at the start of this season too but it was always met with we’ve won a trophy

I'd sack him the moment we get dumped out of the Champions League.

He’s signing his own death warrant if he gives Rashford another start next week. Rashford has let down manager after manager, has an absolutely stinking attitude.

That Gala performance was half decent

It wasn't. We are just starving and seeing the team pushing up the field - against relatively poor opposition - translated to "playing well/decently" to some. The amount of space Gala had in midfield was ludicrous. The commentator in my stream even said "is this really a champions league game?" because it looked like a basketball game. If we played like that against decent opposition we would concede double digits

I like giving them a chance but the guy just doesn't know how to coach any sort of balance or control into our team, pretty clearly.

At least you're not stubborn enough to change your opinion based on facts.

I was desperate for us to hire ETH but I was so wrong about him. I overlooked the concerns raised with his management style in the hopes things go well.

He is truly a fraud who is stubborn on his choice of players. Everyone can see something needs to change at half time but he refused to admit that until we are down by a goal.
I wonder why we didnt get Eddie Howe when he was available and waited for this fraud instead. Newcastle dominated us with tactics and good play. Individually I don't think they are vastly superior. They were well drilled and aware of their next move. Even when they have worse injuries at the moment.

Need to start looking for replacement. His time here is done, dont see him changing anything here

I've lost that romanticism that came with him because of the way he got Ajax to play. I've accepted he will not get us ever play like that and that he may well be clueless on how to manage a top level club in the premier league.

It's looking very unlikely his the chosen one, shame

At least you're not stubborn enough to change your opinion based on facts.

I was desperate for us to hire ETH but I was so wrong about him. I overlooked the concerns raised with his management style in the hopes things go well.

I think 90% of supports were, I expected to see some of the philosophy at Ajax embedded into the club and that's a distant desire.

Moved into the sack camp. This is pathetic and there's been serious regression after a relatively decent first season. Ole and Jose got far too much time here, so hopefully we don't make that mistake again.

It wasn't. We are just starving and seeing the team pushing up the field - against relatively poor opposition - translated to "playing well/decently" to some. The amount of space Gala had in midfield was ludicrous. The commentator in my stream even said "is this really a champions league game?" because it looked like a basketball game. If we played like that against decent opposition we would concede double digits

Yep, same way people said we n played well vs Everton, despite getting peppered, and clung to that Palace Carabao game before they turned up for a game that really mattered and slapped us.

Status
Not open for further replies.