Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blows my mind that anyone is still behind this guy. If we had competent people running the club he'd have been out the door 2 months ago.

And guess what, I actually think we have a chance to get something out of this game. But it doesn't matter. That's the best Ten Hag can do against any decent side, park the bus (not even a good one as we're leaking chances), hope for individual moment and pray we score it and the opposition doesn't.

Nothing has changed about Man United, it's still Mourinho and Ole teams, with exactly the same strategy. Yet the diehard Ten Hag fans want to convince us he has improved our style of play, made us build from the back and press better, and we're just godawful shit now because a CB is injured.

The issues are far bigger than one half or one game. The main issue is it's clear this team is not going anywhere. The guy isn't building for shit. He's just trying to survive.

I agree and maybe after 10 years of the same shit our club is incapable of being successful no matter who is at the helm. Who do you think will turn things around for us as manager?

Edit: or is the players too for you?
I don’t know who turns it around as manager, I don’t watch much football outside of United.

It’s quite clear to me though that our team is playing well below its actual capabilities and is failing at the absolute basics. We don’t have a team that can compete for the title but we certainly have a team that should be winning some games with confidence. It’s boys against men right now

Damning for him that he can’t setup a midfield that does not get sliced open at will. Some of it is individual capability, but its on the manager that the transfers havent worked, the balance is completely amiss. Picking players such as Rashford in current form, another decision handicapping the team.
Our players are so lacking in basic skills, its tragic. Nothing sticks either up front, nor in the midfield. We treat the ball like hot potatoes.

For those who like to compare ETH with Klopp first few seasons in England. I swear I never seen Klopp Liverpool play so negative football. Being totally dominated by Newcastle playing counter attacking football.

Newcastle would have sacked ETH if Newcastle play like we do now. Shameful. This is our standard now. Playing like championship team.

Newcastle don’t seem to be struggling and they’ve got half their team missing.

The excuses are just pitiful at this point.
Ten Hag must be a genius. He's built a team on par with an F1 car. It's so finely tuned and balanced that it requires all components to be running at 100% optimisation at all times, or it bursts into flames

Blows my mind that anyone is still behind this guy. If we had competent people running the club he'd have been out the door 2 months ago.

Does it really blow your mind, like honestly? You must have missed the Jose and Ole cults.

The fact is that we can't see what our plan is on the field. We are not good at keeping possession and we are getting exposed constantly in the middle. What are we even good at? Maybe moments of individual plays.

I just can't see what he is trying to do, and that makes me question his future here massively.

The amount wasted when we could be putting it towards an able bodied technical midfield is truly baffling.

Newcastle have to concede possession against the top teams and here we are playing scared as shit retreat non football, making them look like world beaters. We're so far behind it's just incredible how little control we have and the amount of shots we face against. Even the likes of Wolves have a staggering amount of shots.

I can accept being shite if I knew we were building something or I could see a long term plan. The biggest reason why he needs to be slinged out on his ass is we play absolute shit on a stick football and we still manage to look like a Championship team. There is no plan, no tactics, no in-game management.

It's fecking 4 AM here and I couldn't even understand why I'm still up watching this crap. Just fecking sub Rashford, or Martial, or McT off. Or all three and play fecking Ole ball please.

The shit we've been trying obviously never work. We can't play out from the back so we have to use long balls while Rashford, Martial, Garnacho, Bruno or even McT have never been any good in the air. The whole thing doesn't make any sense whatsoever at all.

Nah this is even worse unfortunately.

Is it feck :lol:

It's literally a carbon copy. Believe me, I was one of the ones pointing out how utterly shite we were under both, and there were the exact same jammy wins masking up how poor we were.

Nothing to do with Casemiro, Eriksen, Mount and Martinez being injured?
I would accept this if there weren't clear structural issues with our press. Watch this second half with this in mind:

1. The gap between front 5 and back 5 is too large when pressing - leaves way too much space in the middle leaving us vulnerable.
2. When we do press, we press 4v5 and leave their fullback free, was very easy for them to find the spare man ( Bruno to Livramento several times to my memory)
3. Man to man press in midfield. As soon as one player loses their man the whole midfield falls apart.

The way we play might as well get Jose back or Conte. At least they know how to set up proper park the bus counter attacking tactics. If we want to play negative football at least do it properly. Under ETH even when we park the bus we are leaking chances after chances.

I was all for his signing but he's been the most disappointing of all the managers we've had post-Fergie.

Hard to understand his line ups this season. Just does not make sense at all and shows why we are so poor

The way we play might as well get Jose back or Conte. At least they know how to set up proper park the bus counter attacking tactics. If we want to play negative football at least do it properly. Under ETH even when we park the bus we are leaking chances after chances.
So just pure defending without attacking at all. Which is what a Mourinho team does.

Just like Antony or Onana or Mount. Everything about him just feels like a scam right now. Hope I’m wrong.

He will probably be a failure as things look bad right now. Doesn't take away the fact that he done well at Ajax and looked a good appointment.

Just like Antony or Onana or Mount. Everything about him just feels like a scam right now. Hope I’m wrong.

I think he's not a manager who's going to bring United to the top of anything but will be top four competitive. When the motive is to win something that's significant the club will have to look elsewhere.

Was hoping for changes at half time, something to address the middle and the lack of anything down the right.

Nothing.

Does it really blow your mind, like honestly? You must have missed the Jose and Ole cults.

Jose at least had an incredible record to fall back on & Ole is a club legend.

ETH seems like a nice guy and all, but this is just appalling. He hasn’t implemented any kind of structure or fluidity. There’s no obvious plan or set up to the way we play. After 18 months that’s absolutely unacceptable. Losing games isn’t what’s made me lose hope, it’s the fact that there’s no sign of structure or progress in the team.

Did it quite a lot last season tbf to him. Also looked a lot better in the 2nd half against Everton last week too.
But we are still talking about the same 11 players playing the exact same positions. To me that is not reading the game and the individual players and reacting on it.

The amount wasted when we could be putting it towards an able bodied technical midfield is truly baffling.

Newcastle have to concede possession against the top teams and here we are playing scared as shit retreat non football, making them look like world beaters. We're so far behind it's just incredible how little control we have and the amount of shots we face against. Even the likes of Wolves have a staggering amount of shots.
I said pre-Summer that we need to focus on one part of the team, namely the midfield. get it right then move onto the next area.

We could have stuck with DdG, not wasted the Mount/Amrabat/Hojlund fees & focused on the most appalling area.

We didn’t get Kane so any striker was going to be second string. We should have revolutionised the midfield.

We don't park the bus, it's just incompetence. The set up is actually reasonably attacking, and leaves us wide open, it's just that they're really bad at it and seems badly coached.

A manager not working out as well as hoped is not being duped, it is one of the most normal things in football. Why do you think all other top clubs change managers at a higher rate than us?
Not working out well is one thing but a manager being hired on the basis of modern progressive football playing a shite counterattacking mourinho football after given hundreds of millions is another. That’s why it feels like being duped.

Jose at least had an incredible record to fall back on & Ole is a club legend.

ETH seems like a nice guy and all, but this is just appalling. He hasn’t implemented any kind of structure or fluidity. There’s no obvious plan or set up to the way we play. After 18 months that’s absolutely unacceptable. Losing games isn’t what’s made me lose hope, it’s the fact that there’s no sign of structure or progress in the team.

Doesn't matter what Ole or Jose were. My point is that this is literally the same shite once again. Our fans need to let go of hero worshipping managers. We've made dreadful appointments post-Fergie.

So stubborn not to make the obvious changes at HT. Rashford and Martial should be drying off after a shower right now.
I like ETH but I don’t think I can get over his reactions to poor performances. At least one of those should have come off.
Will bite him in the arse because it’s a matter of time before we concede.

Status
Not open for further replies.