Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who starts ahead of him? He’s our most in form midfielder at the minute. I know he’s not good enough but neither is anyone on the bench. We’ve got to ride it out
What do you mean by in form? In form in what way? He's a shit midfielder

That's his job coaching the players how to play his style, not to buy a full new team who could play that style.
So you think McT, Maguire, Bruno, Rashford, etc are technically good enough to play ETH's style? Sometimes the players just aren't good enough.

So the other question is, do you believe that every single manager that's come after SAF has been a terrible coach, with terrible tactics. That includes Rangnick who had a reputation for popularising "gegenpressing" as we see it today.

Either past it coaches or outright terrible, yes. Man United's tactics on the pitch has been awful for the past decade and structure won't fix this for you.

So you think McT, Maguire, Bruno, Rashford, etc are technically good enough to play ETH's style? Sometimes the players just aren't good enough.

These players are pretty much the only reason he's still in job. Weird to single them out.

He bought Mount then benched him for Scott. What does that tell us?

Hes choosing to play McT and Maguire after wanting them sold. He chose to make Bruno captain and give him every minute of football. He was happy to give Rashford a giant new contract.

The players he signed for his style he doesnt trust or have a plan for.

Genuine question, is this as dull, if not more, as the LVG days?

Who starts ahead of him? He’s our most in form midfielder at the minute. I know he’s not good enough but neither is anyone on the bench. We’ve got to ride it out
Our in form midfielder???? Wtf games you watching. Dude is invisible and has touched the ball maybe twice. Stands up there next to hojlund doing feck all in midfield.

Options- MAYBE PLAY THE feckING MIDFIELDER WE SPENT ALL THAT MONEY ON AND GAVE THE NUMBER 7 TO???
Eriksen and mount. Amrabat and mount. Amrabat and Eriksen. Mainoo and mount. Eriksen and Hannibal. Plenty of fecking options to actually get some midfield play

What's his style?
I've been told is controlled possession leading to overloads on one side with a quick transition to the other side and bravery from the winger to take on their man and exploit the space that overload should create. Carl Anka explained it better on the talk of the devils podcast.

As I said he’s not good enough. But he’s got like 3G 1A in the last 6/7 games. More than rashford and more than any of our current midfielders.

He's awful, a few last minute forays into the box when someone slings in a hopeful ball aside. Where's Mainoo, for one? It's not just that we're staking hopes on a young player - ETH specifically referenced him as someone whose loss we were suffering and indicated that he would help move the team when he came back in...

Genuine question, is this as dull, if not more, as the LVG days?
Yeah we've arrived at the LVG days again. We're at the point where if we don't score first we'll lose and we don't look like scoring for most of the game. At least with LVG we drew games though, now we just lose and ship loads of goals.

As I said he’s not good enough. But he’s got like 3G 1A in the last 6/7 games. More than rashford and more than any of our current midfielders.

Not a reason to play him as the deepest midfielder now though.

Not with Amrabat and Mainoo on the bench.

These players are pretty much the only reason he's still in job. Weird to single them out.

He bought Mount then benched him for Scott. What does that tell us?

That maybe he didn't actually want Mount but the club jumped on his availability and signed him anyway?

I've been told is controlled possession leading to overloads on one side with a quick transition to the other side and bravery from the winger to take on their man and exploit the space that overload should create. Carl Anka explained it better on the talk of the devils podcast.
Well it looks like controlled possession to one side then a massive lump up to the big man who's on his own in the box.

Hes choosing to play McT and Maguire after wanting them sold. He chose to make Bruno captain and give him every minute of football. He was happy to give Rashford a giant new contract.

The players he signed for his style he doesnt trust or have a plan for.
Yeah exactly, he wanted them sold. He's playing them because of the injury crisis that's been going on since the start of the season. To be fair to Maguire he's been decent.

Yeah exactly, he wanted them sold. He's playing them because of the injury crisis that's been going on since the start of the season. To be fair to Maguire he's been decent.

Maguire maybe, not McTominay.

Whatever the ifs, maybes and speculation I believe that EtH‘s job is going to be terminated before New Year. I haven’t a clue who will replace him but that is irrelevant because whoever takes over will not last long. The trouble is with the present set up there are too many fingers in the pie. However, I believe that a lot of managers could get a better response from these players, just not good enough to get good results more often. Can’t begin to fathom EtH’s tactics when there is no pace in transition and far too many players can’t control a ball, run with the ball and shoot on target.

Have been in favour of us parting ways for a few weeks now and I hate to post during a match but we could go on to win 3-0 and my opinion remains.

I like his personality and his approach to the media and have been very supportive for the vast majority of his time with us but we seem to be getting progressively worse with each passing game. It's hard to explain what sort of football we play. It's counter attacking, attempting to play from the back, attempted use of a target man in Rasmus, alternating wingers...

I have no idea who replaces him though.

We've quite clearly done this before. Certainly with van de Beek. Very likely with Fred. Same for Di Maria. Fairly likely for Ronaldo. Decent possibility for Mata.

Except Mount was pursued long before the window opened and we spent weeks haggling. And he was known to ETH from the Eredivisie.

McT is the only midfielder available who brings any kind of physicality to the side except for Hannibal I guess.

If by physicality you mean fouls in dangerous areas then yeh. Hard for him to exert his physicality hiding from the ball.

Except Mount was pursued long before the window opened and we spent weeks haggling. And he was known to ETH from the Eredivisie.

You might be right, but we've clearly got form for chasing and signing ill-suited players that find themselves almost instantly benched.

You might be right, but we've clearly got form for chasing and signing ill-suited players that find themselves almost instantly benched.

We know ETH phoned up Amrabat early in the summer and told him to sit tight. Hes perma benched as well.

Getting rid of him is almost as important as getting rid of Murtough, Arnold, etc. once the takeover is complete. All credit in the bank for the Mickey Mouse cup has disintegrated.

That maybe he didn't actually want Mount but the club jumped on his availability and signed him anyway?
What do we have to gain by forcing a mediocre player like Mason Mount onyo the manager for an inflated fee?

Anyway Ten Hag has already said he gets to veto any players who are recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.