Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's was a mess of a preseason, and the result of that is that we didn't develop from the good parts of last year. I don't think it was up to standard and I hold ten Hag responsible for that. It's his job to make sure the players were prepared going into the new season.

For me right now, if we can learn to be solid enough defensively, even with lots of 0-1 shitty wins, it's a start.

I only hope that preseason next year will be better and we can kick on. Assuming of course, ten Hag is still there at that time.
We can’t throw the towel in on this season in November though, no other big club would do that because the manager is having a hard time. This is where managers show their worth, and by all accounts Ten Hag is looking lost outside of being saved by brilliance in the games we do actually manage to score in.

Unless the style of football improves drastically and he stops going to war with all the players he didn’t sign, he won’t be here by January, and rightly so.

ETH out gang seriously pissed at the last minute goal, you can taste the tears :D
No ones annoyed with a win, everyone’s very happy actually, it’s more of a concern that we got outplayed by Fulham and some fans want to call out other fans and pretend that we’ve improved

We can’t throw the towel in on this season in November though, no other big club would do that because the manager is having a hard time. This is where managers show their worth, and by all accounts Ten Hag is looking lost outside of being saved by brilliance in the games we do actually manage to score in.

Unless the style of football improves drastically and he stops going to war with all the players he didn’t sign, he won’t be here by January, and rightly so.

We are not throwing in the towel at all. We must prevent more losses, whatever style we play. If he wins the next 10 games playing like Ajax 2018, fantastic and I'd love it. However, we look a million miles away from that at the moment.

My posting history or general negativity has zero impact outside of my interest in Utd believe me, I have a great life. I do not accept our current position though and will not. Just how I’m built.
Then I wish you good luck and hope that you can find some positives in United for example how the goal came about as a result of an effective late high press that has been coached into the players. Never give up an press high to create errors that can lead to chances.
This is such a strange take on things. Everyone wants us to win, but it was still a badly coached game and we should aim higher than scrape a win against bloody Fulham. The way our managers are being treated like they're demi-gods and untouchable is mindboggling.
Just in case people are still struggling….

WE’VE GOT LOADS OF INJURIES TO KEY PLAYERS AND STILL GOT 3 POINTS FROM A GOAL CREATED BY A HIGH PRESS WORKING IN OUR FAVOUR!

Ten Hag is not considered a demi god far from it he’s a human dealing with a shit situation and still we’re just about getting through.

If this was a fully fit United performance I’d be happy with the win but mortified by the levels on show but this is not our best XI.

Onana
AWB Maguire Evans Dalot
McTominay Eriksen
Bruno
Antony Højlund Garnacho

We have 6 players out due to fitness/injury more than half of our best XI didn’t start today.

And we won.

We are not throwing in the towel at all. We must prevent more losses, whatever style we play. If he wins the next 10 games playing like Ajax 2018, fantastic and I'd love it. However, we look a million miles away from that at the moment.
If he wins the next 10 games and turns it around you won’t hear any complaints apart from maybe that we’re boring, but we’ll take the wins all day long. If that never kicks on though then he’s going to go the same way as LVG though

Survives to live another day!

More reaffirmation that he is not the man for the job. Team set-up, style of play, subs, in game changes - all not very good. A poor Fulham team were in the game until the very end. But I hope he can keep us hunt until Jimmy the Brit come in and tries to install a proper football structure (Although, I am not very hopeful that he would be able to make much of a difference, but we live in hope!)

No ones annoyed with a win, everyone’s very happy actually, it’s more of a concern that we got outplayed by Fulham and some fans want to call out other fans and pretend that we’ve improved

Did we get outplayed?
Sure they looked dangerous for 10 minutes.
But they were set for counterattacks.
The awful form of half the team had more to do with this performance than Fulham outplaying us.

He desperately desperately needs Martinez and Shaw back, our first phase build up is sorely lacking, they’re a huge part of it. And I think Mainoo should be given a chance in midfield, he’s probably our most press resistant and composed deep lying midfielder (sad state of affairs)
He needs to survive long enough to get these players back. I honestly think it's his only hope, that and maybe getting rid of a few of the more toxic/distracting elements in the dressing room in January (Sancho) and maybe bringing in a cheap striker in January.

I'm not expecting a miracle transformation- our goal difference and goals scored is going to be utterly appalling once again for this season regardless but he needs players back desperately.

He'll be sacked in december. There is no way we survive another hammering at Anfield (which is 99% going to happen)

We could sack him and start fresh much earlier but alas this is how we have always approached sackings. Waiting for the inevitable drubbing to make a change that everyone and their dog knows needs to happen

This is such a strange take on things. Everyone wants us to win, but it was still a badly coached game and we should aim higher than scrape a win against bloody Fulham. The way our managers are being treated like they're demi-gods and untouchable is mindboggling.

Sorry but there are many on here who clearly we rather keep losing so the manager gets sacked. It’s clearly obvious. They revel in misery and always will.

ETH out gang seriously pissed at the last minute goal, you can taste the tears :D
Seriously aren't you bored of just doing a rerun of the Ole era? No signs of making progress on the pitch just another manager scraping scruffy wins to save his job. It's depressing.

If he wins the next 10 games and turns it around you won’t hear any complaints apart from maybe that we’re boring, but we’ll take the wins all day long. If that never kicks on though then he’s going to go the same way as LVG though

I agree. We didn't sack Ole just to hire a Ole wannabe in the long term. If this shit happens every season, then he should get the sack.

But for now, we just focus on getting more points.

He'll be sacked in december. There is no way we survive another hammering at Anfield (which is 99% going to happen)

We could sack him and start fresh much earlier but alas this is how we have always approached sackings. Waiting for the inevitable drubbing to make a change that everyone and their dog knows needs to happen

Who is "everyone"?
Did I miss something? Are the matchgoing fans chanting against ETH?
Is everyone on the internet blessed with the knowledge that he needs to go?

Or "everyone" means you and people who agree with you?

I don’t know that at all. Making a fresh start? Have we tried that before?

Stand by your manager and players. Let them get through this. Celebrate the win today.

If we can make it out of the CL group and grind a few more wins in the league it's disaster averted, I think.

And who would you hire for this ‘fresh start’?

Seriously aren't you bored of just doing a rerun of the Ole era? No signs of making progress on the pitch just another manager scraping scruffy wins to save his job. It's depressing.

Was Ole dealing with an injury crisis like ten Hag near the end of his reign?

And who would you hire for this ‘fresh start’?

They don't have an answer.

People are generally ignorant of the fact that this squad is gash. And don't want to ride out a couple of years of abjectivity in order for the long term to be more productive.

Another outstanding and hard fought win by players fully behind their manager despite being decimated by further injuries.

So glad to see so many of you backing the manager and players in these trying times like true fans.

It’s a worrying state of affairs to know that last minute goal will have annoyed some of you on here.

My advice is this. Life is really ridiculously short, too short to be so mad about something like football so enjoy the plucky United win and have a lovely weekend everyone.

You being miserable won’t improve anything about the club, the players, the manager the structure anything and it’s probably affecting your personal life and relationships in real life.

So try and enjoy this for what it is. A win, 3 points and enough to tide us over until everyone is back fit.

I'm in the ETH out camp but I'm definitely not miserable. I stopped letting football bother me a long time ago. I got through the Ole period which was exactly the same as this, poor performance after poor performance, lots of dropped points, odd plucky win or smash and grab which the Ole cult convinced themselves actually meant anything in the grand scheme. I made up my mind when it was clear he wasn't good enough, just I have here, and just let it play out.

The injuries go on till December, beating Fulham didn't buy him a free ride for weeks of football that will probably be crap. Even if it did, we'll still have many issues which have been ongoing for 8 months. Even with Martinez and Shaw, there were issues. "Wait till the injured players are back" is the new "sign a ball playing goalkeeper and you'll all see the football ETH wants to play".

Another outstanding and hard fought win by players fully behind their manager despite being decimated by further injuries.

So glad to see so many of you backing the manager and players in these trying times like true fans.

It’s a worrying state of affairs to know that last minute goal will have annoyed some of you on here.

My advice is this. Life is really ridiculously short, too short to be so mad about something like football so enjoy the plucky United win and have a lovely weekend everyone.

You being miserable won’t improve anything about the club, the players, the manager the structure anything and it’s probably affecting your personal life and relationships in real life.

So try and enjoy this for what it is. A win, 3 points and enough to tide us over until everyone is back fit.
Nice post, ultimately squeeking out an away win will more than do on this gloomy weekend.

Maybe even leapfrog Brighton and Newcastle?!

I think ETH will scrape by this year. We’re six in the table at this very moment and Villa will fade, which means we will probably be in the convo for a 4th place finish during the second half. The difference this year is we won’t have a 30 goal Rashy to bail us out and we will probably be doomed to having the get by through the occasional goal by Bruno or McT.

Regardless of the individual performances I think the midfield shape as a trio was a bit better today, more compact providing more passing options. Hopefully it is a sign of a change and we don't see the massive gaps between the DM and the attacking midfielders again.

The problem is mate, the crisis started last year around April when we started getting injuries, that’s now followed us right into this season, and by all accounts it was self inflicted for picking the same 11 players 3 times a week in competitions we shouldn’t have been even trying to win with the strongest 11. So now we’ve got ourselves in a position where we have to play players Ten Hag basically shit on last season and wanted gone and there’s no actual coaching going on until the first 11 come back and we can start working on shape again.

Ultimately this is going to get him sacked unless he starts treating everyone with respect and giving them the same amount of attention and patience he shows Antony. Things might start to improve at that point and he might get out of this self inflicted hole.
The regression started right after Barcelona games. We peaked then. Afterward, it’s like the whole team was exhausted and almost always on the edge or something.

Even our wins have been unconvincing, and we've had a favourable start to the season. December to February will tell the story once we regularly face decent opposition, if he's still here.
We are just coming off a bad injury spell. Other clubs will have their issues as well. Main thing is to find a way to win. If it's ugly then so be it.

Unless Ten Hag starts playing with traditional wingers, he's done. Rasmus will get no service, and Ten Hag will be gone. When do our wingers get to the byline and whip in a cross?

Then I wish you good luck and hope that you can find some positives in United for example how the goal came about as a result of an effective late high press that has been coached into the players. Never give up an press high to create errors that can lead to chances.

Just in case people are still struggling….

WE’VE GOT LOADS OF INJURIES TO KEY PLAYERS AND STILL GOT 3 POINTS FROM A GOAL CREATED BY A HIGH PRESS WORKING IN OUR FAVOUR!

Ten Hag is not considered a demi god far from it he’s a human dealing with a shit situation and still we’re just about getting through.

If this was a fully fit United performance I’d be happy with the win but mortified by the levels on show but this is not our best XI.

Onana
AWB Maguire Evans Dalot
McTominay Eriksen
Bruno
Antony Højlund Garnacho

We have 6 players out due to fitness/injury more than half of our best XI didn’t start today.

And we won.
Writing in caps is such a bad way to try and make a point.
Yes, we have injuries, everyone knows this. That doesn't prevent him from making a sub, starting the same underperforming players each time or having the midfield run over every game.

Another explanation about our regression since last February is that the other teams found out how to play us. We did excellent post-WC all the way to eliminating Barca.

Sorry but there are many on here who clearly we rather keep losing so the manager gets sacked. It’s clearly obvious. They revel in misery and always will.
I think there are people on both sides that needs a breather at times.
I want us to win, but I'd like to see some entertaining football at times while winning too - and so far Ten Hag isnt bringing that imo.

Hopefully we have new sporting people at the club as it would mean even if he gets to turn it around he still gets sacked at the end of the season.

Hopefully we have new sporting people at the club as it would mean even if he gets to turn it around he still gets sacked at the end of the season.

Why would you want him to get sacked if he turns it around?

Writing in caps is such a bad way to try and make a point.
Yes, we have injuries, everyone knows this. That doesn't prevent him from making a sub, starting the same underperforming players each time or having the midfield run over every game.
Because it’s tiresome that when that point is made people gloss over it. It’s a really big point like huge. Look how much Rodri being out affects City and that was one player.

Imagine any other side in the PL having 6/7 first XI players out since September and think about that impact.

It does if your team is structurally reliant on players of a certain style who are suddenly long term injured in a squad that lacks the depth and style of player to cover for it. Which is a long term issue not a Ten Hag fault issue.

Believe it or not I’m not delighted by the football on show and absolutely think Ten Hag has made mistakes this season but Christ give the man a break during this period of unprecedented injury.

We are just coming off a bad injury spell. Other clubs will have their issues as well. Main thing is to find a way to win. If it's ugly then so be it.
We're on 18 points after 11 or 1.63 points per game. 27 games remaining and we'd need 71 points last season to get top 4 so 1.96 points per game now required to reach 71 points. No chance based on where we are.

Why would he be sacked if he turns it around and do you know how Sir Jim will do things when and if his bid is successful?

Status
Not open for further replies.