Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unconvincing, our attacking play is so poor. Its just not up to standard at all.

We don't do badly in the first two thirds of the pitch, we defend reasonably well, we progress the ball reasonably well ( nothing outstanding but we do well enough against most teams) but the play in the final third Is truly dreadful it's like the front four have never played together they look very uncoached.

Relentlessly giving the ball away in the final thirds inevitably leads to transitions that will give the opposition chances. We have seen it all season.

Wouldn't mind if in the process of relentlessly giving the ball away in the final third we actually create some good chances of our own but we don't. Everything just grinds to a halt.

I'm delighted we won today of course, nothing beats a last minute winner and every team will have wins like that this season. But it's just another poor performance in a string of poor performances where we have really struggled to create any chances.

I think the writing is on the wall at this point and today's result is just delaying the inevitable.

Because it’s tiresome that when that point is made people gloss over it. It’s a really big point like huge. Look how much Rodri being out affects City and that was one player.

Imagine any other side in the PL having 6/7 first XI players out since September and think about that impact.

It does if your team is structurally reliant on players of a certain style who are suddenly long term injured in a squad that lacks the depth and style of player to cover for it. Which is a long term issue not a Ten Hag fault issue.

Believe it or not I’m not delighted by the football on show and absolutely think Ten Hag has made mistakes this season but Christ give the man a break during this period of unprecedented injury.
Our struggles started before this season though and we didn't have an injury crisis then.
If Ten Hag would at least do some of things I mentioned, ie bench bad performing players, stop the midfield leak ect, then I would be less worried. But him being in some sort of loop of making the same mistakes over and over makes me lose faith in him.
But we all want to win and don't control anything anyway, so I'd love for him prove me wrong.

Our struggles started before this season though and we didn't have an injury crisis then.
If Ten Hag would at least do some of things I mentioned, ie bench bad performing players, stop the midfield leak ect, then I would be less worried. But him being in some sort of loop of making the same mistakes over and over makes me lose faith in him.
But we all want to win and don't control anything anyway, so I'd love for him prove me wrong.
Totally agree, with off field issues alone Antony shouldn’t be nowhere near the Matchday squad. The team has scored 12 PL goals in 11 games, Hojlund is not ready, Rashford is totally out of form and Martial should be released in January. He needs to find a front 3 that will score goals and score goals quickly?

Domu is ripping it, yet we pay so much more for Antony. Our recruiting under ETH has been poor and he tends to stick with his signings.

Totally agree, with off field issues alone Antony shouldn’t be nowhere near the Matchday squad. The team has scored 12 PL goals in 11 games, Hojlund is not ready, Rashford is totally out of form and Martial should be released in January. He needs to find a front 3 that will score goals and score goals quickly?
I don’t think Rashford is out of form. His physical condition is superb. But he has not been playing in a system allowing him excel. His confidence as the result probably has a dip, if that’s what “form” means.

What I think will happen:

1. EtH will be sacked when we can't get top 4.
  2. The club will appoint a random interim (or 2) because they won't have prepared for post-EtH.
  3. The club will appoint a manager randomly with a completely different MO to EtH.
  4. The club will spend £250 million and results will pick up slightly and we'll get top 4 and maybe a trophy next year.
  5. The club will spend another £250 million and results will get as bad as they are now. This continues until we are back at step 1.
This is the Glazer cycle.

No ones annoyed with a win, everyone’s very happy actually, it’s more of a concern that we got outplayed by Fulham and some fans want to call out other fans and pretend that we’ve improved
We weren't outplayed by Fulham, we just played at their level

Domu is ripping it, yet we pay so much more for Antony. Our recruiting under ETH has been poor and he tends to stick with his signings.
I agree with Antony (and our recruitment) being poor but you should use a left footed rw as a comparison, not a right footed lw.

Another outstanding and hard fought win by players fully behind their manager despite being decimated by further injuries.

So glad to see so many of you backing the manager and players in these trying times like true fans.

It’s a worrying state of affairs to know that last minute goal will have annoyed some of you on here.

My advice is this. Life is really ridiculously short, too short to be so mad about something like football so enjoy the plucky United win and have a lovely weekend everyone.

You being miserable won’t improve anything about the club, the players, the manager the structure anything and it’s probably affecting your personal life and relationships in real life.

So try and enjoy this for what it is. A win, 3 points and enough to tide us over until everyone is back fit.
I can only assume that this is tongue in cheek, given that you call it an outstanding win?

Actually, none of our managers "failed". They all got positions from 2nd to 7th, which is good for most managers.To do better than that, we don't need a good manager, we need an exceptional manager. None of our managers was exceptional. ETH isn't, either.
Need to be exceptional well run club off the field to be better than that on the field regardless of manager.

I feel, and hope, you are in the minority in our fanbase.
Well we have an eligable player playing for a mid table spanish side while our manager plays the same old names and you are worried about PC culture while our club is witnessing its worse ever chapter? I hope you are in the minority of our fans too

Because it’s tiresome that when that point is made people gloss over it. It’s a really big point like huge. Look how much Rodri being out affects City and that was one player.

Imagine any other side in the PL having 6/7 first XI players out since September and think about that impact.

It does if your team is structurally reliant on players of a certain style who are suddenly long term injured in a squad that lacks the depth and style of player to cover for it. Which is a long term issue not a Ten Hag fault issue.

Believe it or not I’m not delighted by the football on show and absolutely think Ten Hag has made mistakes this season but Christ give the man a break during this period of unprecedented injury.

Are you really?

Well we have an eligable player playing for a mid table spanish side while our manager plays the same old names and you are worried about PC culture while our club is witnessing its worse ever chapter? I hope you are in the minority of our fans too
Bunch of snowflakes, right? Brexit means Brexit.

I sick of people saying this shit. Rodri isn't why City kept losing, they also lost Gundo, KdB, Mahrez, and Rodri was the final nail in the coffin.

A ilttle more luck v Arsenal, Tottenham and perhaps Palace and we'd be 2nd or 3rd :wenger:

Pc culture? Jesus wept. We all heard the audio. Should have been sacked. Spineless club.

Who is "everyone"?
Did I miss something? Are the matchgoing fans chanting against ETH?
Is everyone on the internet blessed with the knowledge that he needs to go?

Or "everyone" means you and people who agree with you?

You do miss quite a lot or do you pretend to not hear the boos in our last 3 home games? I was there and I can most certainly tell you that people are pissed but of course you wouldn't know this sitting over the internet will you?

Lets hope he stays there. Doubt anyone better will want him anyway.

Nah mate just that he is an ELIGABLE player and there is no other way around it
Imagine putting the word "eligible" in capital letters to emphasise it more, but misspelling it at the same time.

I just wanted to post this as a form of group therapy.

This is the lowest I've felt since I started following united since 2001-2002. In the 10 yrs since SAF, I've always had hope that with the right manager/ coach we will be ok. And I saw that in ETH who I still think is a brilliant coach. But to see him struggle like this has completely drained everything from me. We are cursed. I feel so defeated.

Imagine putting the word "eligible" in capital letters to emphasise it more, but misspelling it at the same time.
Sorry for misspelling. It does not weaken my argument. I guess it just proves how hungry everybody is to discredit everybody else who has a different opinion in recent times

Last season at this point we had three excellent, convincing wins over Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham to draw encouragement from.

This season our wins have almost all been undeserved and flukeish, against 20th, 19th, 16th, 14th, 13th and 9th placed teams.

All the other teams finding it to score goals. I don't understand why it's so hard for us
Look at our end product, either the wrong decision, wrong execution or both. The ball is light a hot potato in midfield too so we can't build and sustain any momentum for long periods and only Maguire passed it through the lines into the middle of the pitch.

Writing in caps is such a bad way to try and make a point.
Yes, we have injuries, everyone knows this. That doesn't prevent him from making a sub, starting the same underperforming players each time or having the midfield run over every game.

Also... the only players that have been out for extensive periods of time are Shaw and Martinez. I'm not sure why people are using the injury thing as an excuse so often as if we've looked brilliant when fully fit. And our attacking options have mostly been fit this year as well.

It's a garbage excuse quite frankly used to just prolong the inevitable sacking months from now when we get embarrassed yet again by a team with an actual cohesive plan

Look at our end product, either the wrong decision, wrong execution or both. The ball is light a hot potato in midfield too so we can't build and sustain any momentum for long periods and only Maguire passed it through the lines into the middle of the pitch.
Player for player, we aren't worse than Brenford or West Ham or even Wolves

Sorry but there are many on here who clearly we rather keep losing so the manager gets sacked. It’s clearly obvious. They revel in misery and always will.

I don't think this is it. I think the people you are describing are those that see the current situation as a hopeless dead end, and would rather do away with the pitiful "let's see if he can turn it around!" attitude and just rip the band aid off. However, the only way the club does that is if we go through a brutal run of results, so they hope for these results as it means a potential change in fortune and direction.

Like genuinely, do we think this season will mean anything at this point? I'd be very surprised if we scraped top 4 much less did anything in the UCL.

I don't think this is it. I think the people you are describing are those that see the current situation as a hopeless dead end, and would rather do away with the pitiful "let's see if he can turn it around!" attitude and just rip the band aid off. However, the only way the club does that is if we go through a brutal run of results, so they hope for these results as it means a potential change in fortune and direction.

Like genuinely, do we think this season will mean anything at this point? I'd be very surprised if we scraped top 4 much less did anything in the UCL.

It’s a poor season no doubt but what is the plan if the manager is sacked? Who will be appointed? People don’t seem to have an answer to that other than just sack the manager.

I just wanted to post this as a form of group therapy.

This is the lowest I've felt since I started following united since 2001-2002. In the 10 yrs since SAF, I've always had hope that with the right manager/ coach we will be ok. And I saw that in ETH who I still think is a brilliant coach. But to see him struggle like this has completely drained everything from me. We are cursed. I feel so defeated.
Did you ever think that maybe you've put way too much stock in a guy that hasn't proven much outside of Holland? There's really no reason to be this into Ten Hag to the point it makes you depressed when it doesn't work out.

It’s a poor season no doubt but what is the plan if the manager is sacked? Who will be appointed? People don’t seem to have an answer to that other than just sack the manager.

The plan is you appoint another manager, like all clubs do.

Imagine if Ten Hag had a serious family emergency tomorrow and had to quit United. Surely you don't believe the club would be doomed after that, right?

Did you ever think that maybe you've put way too much stock in a guy that hasn't proven much outside of Holland? There's really no reason to be this into Ten Hag to the point it makes you depressed when it doesn't work out.
A man just expressing his feelings. I dont think ETH is the one but I understand fans who want to express something about it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.