Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It genuinely is better that ETH hangs on until the mini takeover happens and the sporting board comes in and installs presumably Paul Mitchell.

Season is a write off anyway. But the check book has to be removed permanently from ETH and Murtough in January.

It would be smart if we decided to bring in a new manager and take advantage of the international break.

12 goals in 11 games is absolutely insane

I want him out regardless of wherever we finish this season even if we manage to scrape top 5. I can't handle watching much more of this crap.

I just can’t see it. Bar Newcastle and Liverpool away these are the fixtures we have until April believe it or not.
as bad as we play we consistently beat these teams and I can’t see us going on such a bad run against them that he loses his job
Our forwards look lost in his system, not just rashford and Bruno, all of them, they look like they've never met eachother and getting Shaw and Martinez back won't fix that.

Consistently beating these teams with individual moments isn't good enough.

Are you trying to give ETH credit for this game?

Mate, I get you've moved on to sack the manager mode but that wasn't some moment of brilliance, it was a heavily pressed opponent coughing the ball up to a wide open midfielder at the top of the box.

If he'd scored a long shot or dribbled through 3-5 defenders I'd agree that it's not something you can count on but that's exactly the kind of scoring opportunity the team is looking to create with a high press, it's textbook.

It genuinely is better that ETH hangs on until the mini takeover happens and the sporting board comes in and installs presumably Paul Mitchell.

Season is a write off anyway. But the check book has to be removed permanently from ETH and Murtough in January.

Honestly, yes it is probably. Even if it just means scrapped wins.

Our forwards look lost in his system, not just rashford and Bruno, all of them, they look like they've never met eachother and getting Shaw and Martinez back won't fix that.

Consistently beating these teams with individual moments isn't good enough.
But we’ve been doing that for 18 months now. It’s more consistent than knowing we definitely aren’t beating a decent team away from home. It’s a mirror image of that shit away record

I just can’t see it. Bar Newcastle and Liverpool away these are the fixtures we have until April believe it or not.
as bad as we play we consistently beat these teams and I can’t see us going on such a bad run against them that he loses his job
That bit of magic is not always going to be there, and we're really dragging heels and suffering out there just chasing the ball around as we do. It's not a sustainable way of playing and we're going to run out of steam if we continue to play as we do, which is when the bailouts will dwindle.

He played Eriksen in a way that would Traveller him, just as he did with him and Casemiro last season, and by the end, both were on fumes and plummeted. It won't be dissimilar this term without some kind of system to fallback on.

I actually want this guy to succeed, but he is absolutely devoid of ideas, and his in-game management is shocking.

Why was he atrocious? I don't want to make it another Antony bashing thread, but at least he took him off and that paid off.

He should have brought Mount a little earlier though.
Taking off Hojlund for Martial when we badly need a goal. That's the sort of decision that I can't understand. Leaving Eriksen for so long is about the same level. We got lucky today

Mate, I get you've moved on to sack the manager mode but that wasn't some moment of brilliance, it was a heavily pressed opponent coughing the ball up to a wide open midfielder at the top of the box.

If he'd scored a long shot or dribbled through 3-5 defenders I'd agree that it's not something you can count on but that's exactly the kind of scoring opportunity the team is looking to create with a high press, it's textbook.

It was terrible defending that provided Bruno the space & opportunity

When we had Shaw and Martinez we were shit. What makes you think that will magically change? And mainoo has done nothing to suggest he is what you say he is.
We were no where near as bad as what we have been recently, and we’re certainly better in the build up. I’m not saying it’ll magically make us into CL winners but Martinez and Shaw are about 150x the players of Dalot and Evans.

apart from the fact I’ve watched Mainoo and came to this conclusion, watching him play you can see how composed and press resistant he is.He’s not done it in the PL as he’s not been given a chance, hence he should be given a chance

the only way to win these days. doesn't even matter whether it's Kopenhagen, City or Fulham. it would be a struggle even if United played teams from championship. he just can't coach.

All our wins this season seem undeserved which is freaking insane when you think about it.

Last season we had a lot of games where we didn't look like scoring until Rashford worked some magic and today Bruno bailed him out

That bit of magic is not always going to be there, and we're really dragging heels and suffering out there just chasing the ball around as we do. It's not a sustainable way of playing and we're going to run out of steam if we continue to play as we do, which is when the bailouts will dwindle.

He played Eriksen in a way that would Traveller him, just as he did with him and Casemiro last season, and by the end, both were on fumes and plummeted. It won't be dissimilar this term without some kind of system to fallback on.

I actually want this guy to succeed, but he is absolutely devoid of ideas, and his in-game management is shocking.
But it’s been there for 18 months. Even if we say we won’t improve, we still are winning these games and winning them every week.
The same way we can’t get that bit of quality every week evens out with the shit luck we get with VAR every week as well
We have Luton and Everton in our next 2 games, would it shock anybody if we do reach 6 wins out of 7 or whatever it is?
I just had a look at the fixture list, we should win the next 2. Then we will lose v Newcastle and Bayern, we’ll beat Bournemouth at home and lose at Anfield. Then it’s another streaky fixture list that we should do ok in and that’s how we get our points.
It’s painfully predictable

Honestly, yes it is probably. Even if it just means scrapped wins.

So long as we are scraping results and not getting humiliated like last two games.

The absence of quality in the football and rate of regression means he's toast as soon as the changes above him are done.

He desperately desperately needs Martinez and Shaw back, our first phase build up is sorely lacking, they’re a huge part of it. And I think Mainoo should be given a chance in midfield, he’s probably our most press resistant and composed deep lying midfielder (sad state of affairs)
Yup, even if there unsure and underwhelming at the start of the season. But the first team needed games to start gelling. Instead we've had a horrible pre-season and start of the season. I can see why ETH was interested in Pavard to ease the build-up burden on the left.

He's assembled a terrible squad, there is such a lack of athleticism and speed. We are a dreadful team.

Seems ridiculously narrow-sighted that such a dreadful game will buy him another few weeks.
It's how we roll. How many times did Ole save his job in the same fashion before his luck ran out? We are not proactive and have zero ambition.

Someone needs to sort the Sancho situation I’m sick of looking at that useless prick on the right

He needs to give up some of his darling players. Get back to where he started, have us press again and fire the players up

Like LVG and Jose he has taken all the joy get when watching football. It feels like chores watching the games

I honestly think that's huge for him. We'll probably beat Luton next week and our league position won't look too bad going into the international break. This could realistically buy him a fair bit more time.

It's crazy, as it feels like - performance wise - we should be near the relegation places. I really feel that goal is huge, but it just reminds me of Ole papering over gaping wounds with a plaster. That performance was atrocious.

Someone needs to sort the Sancho situation I’m sick of looking at that useless prick on the right
Sancho isn't going to do much better. The closest to a Sancho-led 'solution' would be to sell him and use the funds for a speculative punt on an up and coming RW, unless Amad is given a proper chance (and seizes it)

Many men wish death upon me
Blood in my eye, dawg, and I can't see
I'm tryin' to be what I'm destined to be

We're not going to magically become some free flowing team this season. It's all about staying solid and nicking as many points as we can.

Hopefully we can improve the flow and style for next season, but I would say this will be the standard of our football for this year and we should be prepared.

Can't see we're building to anything, but every win buys more time for the ownership situation to clarify and (hopefully) for new people to be the ones making the call on the manager if/when the time comes. Which matters.

Football is still dreadful, not enough for a CL qualification(top 5), or even Europa League.

If he doesn't drop Antony from starting soon, he should be sacked. It's so obvious that he isn't good enough and he keeps playing him.

Ole-esque. Very reminiscent of his last season.

Unfortunately these performances are unsustainable as we'll continue to drop points. We've had a few smash and grabs this season but that evidently won't happen every week. Hopefully the club are putting in work behind the scenes or Ratcliffe has somebody lined up as the wheels are coming off big time. We simply can't continue like this.

The funny thing is..

"It's the players, McTominay and Maguire should have been sold"

They then put in MOTM performances and grab goals to win him games.

"He needs to drop Bruno, he's the problem"

Scores a late winner today.

The excuses have run out. Clearly not the players not trying, so how else do you explain these performances?

He desperately desperately needs Martinez and Shaw back, our first phase build up is sorely lacking, they’re a huge part of it. And I think Mainoo should be given a chance in midfield, he’s probably our most press resistant and composed deep lying midfielder (sad state of affairs)

What are you basing this on? He's had about 200 first team minutes and most of them were in friendlies.

I still don’t see how he turns this round, team still looks awful, tactics are so basic and scream mid table mediocrity. Got a scrappy win today despite being so passive, nothing to really build on and expect we will just continue serving up more of the same shit as it’s been same case after previous wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.