Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what happens I will never forgive him for buying Antony.
Talk about not having an eye for talent.

We continue on winning games we should win..somehow.
beat Luton next week and thats what? 5 league games out of 6?

Papering over cracks. Even with the squad problems we have, we should win this in the first half, and we end up winning purely through a lucky situation.

He needed that. I don’t rate him but hope he can turn it around seeing as there’s not much chance of him leaving.

Sounds like its all too familiar, positive result terrible performance used as a turn around and then as soon as the club comes up against a semi-decent team it's back to square one.

Delighted with the win, no better way to win a game of football with a last minute winner. Still not having ETH though and for those who struggle to realise that supporting the team and wanting the manager out aren’t naturally exclusive then I can’t help you.

Papering over cracks. Even with the squad problems we have, we should win this in the first half, and we end up winning purely through a lucky situation.

That goal was the team winning the ball with a high press and a midfielder scoring from the top of the box as a result. That's exactly the goal they're trying to create with these tactics.

He's on borrowed time. Everything is poor. Everything. That cannot be absolved by stating: Glazers or players downing tools (which they clearly haven't).

That goal was the team winning the ball with a high press and a midfielder scoring from the top of the box as a result. That's exactly the goal they're trying to create with these tactics.

Are you trying to give ETH credit for this game?

Still not dominating games and performing well over 90 minutes. At the very least We're showing some fight and aggression.

He desperately desperately needs Martinez and Shaw back, our first phase build up is sorely lacking, they’re a huge part of it. And I think Mainoo should be given a chance in midfield, he’s probably our most press resistant and composed deep lying midfielder (sad state of affairs)

We are going to get splattered after the break if he doesn't fix the football in the meantime.

He's on borrowed time. Everything is poor. Everything. That cannot be absolved by stating: Glazers or players downing tools (which they clearly haven't).
I just can’t see it. Bar Newcastle and Liverpool away these are the fixtures we have until April believe it or not.
as bad as we play we consistently beat these teams and I can’t see us going on such a bad run against them that he loses his job

Nonsense. It was pure luck with hard work by pellistri who won't make another appearence for ages now.

Seems ridiculously narrow-sighted that such a dreadful game will buy him another few weeks.

Great to get the win but almost feels like delaying the inevitable. Another match where I don't really see what we are trying to do, just looks so uncoordinated.

A much needed win, but this just feels like a matter of time before he is gone. We were so crap, and it certainly was not because of a lack of effort.

I just can’t see it. Bar Newcastle and Liverpool away these are the fixtures we have until April believe it or not.
as bad as we play we consistently beat these teams and I can’t see us go in such a bad run against them that he loses his job
This season we haven't consistently beaten teams like fulham.

Dead man walking. Atrocious in game management, saved by a moment of real quality by Bruno.

Why was he atrocious? I don't want to make it another Antony bashing thread, but at least he took him off and that paid off.

He should have brought Mount a little earlier though.

He desperately desperately needs Martinez and Shaw back, our first phase build up is sorely lacking, they’re a huge part of it. And I think Mainoo should be given a chance in midfield, he’s probably our most press resistant and composed deep lying midfielder (sad state of affairs)
When we had Shaw and Martinez we were shit. What makes you think that will magically change? And mainoo has done nothing to suggest he is what you say he is.

Have to be honest, I dont know why he continues to coach this hoofball nonsense. By the time you select a midfield of mctominay and eriksen...its obvious there will be no control and massive gaps for the opposition to exploit. This mctominay love afair will never make sense. Garnacho once again our best player and we once again removed him.

But by far, the second biggest problem Ten Hag has is the no plan B and the slow speed we play at. We consistently only make like for like changes...we never change the system. Hojlund gets no service so we throw martial there. Eriksen goes off for mount etc. If we are chasing why dont we have the ability to switch it up...4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2.

So we play hoofball, in a fixed system and we play it at a sluggish pace. If this doesn't change by season end, it will be time to find someone else.

Still playing for him…I suppose, probably, maybe? But it’s a horrid watch practically every week.

Exactly so all this nonsense about the players being rubbish and selling out the manager is nonsense it's solely tactical reasons and structure why this team is struggling. Got nothing to do with the players attitude.

Are people bothered about the lack of personality or is it no issue if delivering results

His tactics suck. It's set up for United to be open and win high scoring games 4-3. But we don't score and just concede goals and receive a hiding. Why are we outnumbered whenever we turm the ball over? Yes we won at Fulham but conceded so many chances! Just play regular football for goodness' sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.