Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
hasn't been properly backed :lol:

Get him Mbappe!

Maguire, Mctominay, Donny, Martial all still at the club. Do you think he wants them? The club fail to move players on despite all other big clubs managing it.

In terms of incomings you can't just look at money spent. Especially as a massive chunk of that is because we are awful at negotiating and then panic (see Anthony deal).

Casemiro wasn't his first choice, although I think he has been his second best signing after Martinez.

Weghurst was all he could get for half a season because we didn't want to spend.

This summer wanted Kane and Kim Min Jae, didn't get either.

I concede Mount is a strange signing and I think Anthony is a really poor one so he isn't faultless.

18-months ago we had Cavani and Ronaldo in the squad earning big money. We have replaced both of those with only a 19 year old who has 9 goals in Series A. Beyond ability we are still a body short in the position.

Meanwhile teams around us in the league are investing heavily in top quality players in positions they need to strengthen.

So yes, when you consider the size of the club, our squad depth and the transfer market as a whole. He hasn't been backed with players going out and the right quality/number coming in. It's not just about the headline figure.

No, he haven't and if you think Mount or Hojlund was Ten Hag’s first choice for transfers when we ended last season your deluded.
Pretty sure Mount was his first choice, if not, who else were we linked with?

Last year, Timber was his first choice. Thank god for lvg, saved us from a crock and we got Licha instead. Antony was his first choice, Malacia and Eriksen had his blessing.

Sancho at F9 isn't anymore more awful than Garnacho and Rashford have been these 2 matches. At least it has Rashford starting at his best poistion and Garnacho at his best role which is coming on against tired legs for the last 30 minutes then you can move Rashford to CF.
Rashford and Bruno are our best 2 attacking players but some weird reason ETH never hesitates to play them off position

Annoying comment from him and it is blatantly untrue. He will know that.

Even more annoying comment from you. Back the manager, still the best we have had since SAF and he isn't being properly backed.

So you think our squad would look anything like this if the board were capable.

I’m all for bashing the cnut Glazers, but ETH has been very well backed. To the tune of about £400 million in the last 12 months in fact.

I’m seriously starting to question his tactical ability. We get out played by 90% of the teams we face. We create very little and we score even less.
He gets my full backing but I’m starting to feel that he is out of his depth.

No it won't because this manager will not be allowed to bring this average players just because he happens to have crossed part with them in the past.
He brought in all these players, not a single player signed bar may be Casemiro did not have his rubber stamp

Is that not pointing to a bigger problem with our director of football and scouting department, two of whom were sacked throughout last season after leading us to a squad of misfits over the past decade.

I was told by caf that he’s what we need and he’s a modern manager who is a tactical genius.

Sancho at F9 isn't anymore more awful than Garnacho and Rashford have been these 2 matches. At least it has Rashford starting at his best poistion and Garnacho at his best role which is coming on against tired legs for the last 30 minutes then you can move Rashford to CF.
It's worse because you expect weak as feck Sancho to handle premier league centrebacks.

We are years away from winning a league let’s be realistic . We are aiming to achieve top 4 and finish as high as possible (2nd)
I think that's the wrong of way of looking at, we keep deluding ourselves with how it's a process and it takes time etc but no true club with ambition acts like that, case in point is how long it took city and psg to dominate their respective leagues and how Chelsea seemingly cleaned house in 3 transfer windows.

And as irresponsible it was look at how barca reacted last season, no other major club's fan base keeps deluding themselves the way we do I feel.

Last edited:
Rashford and Bruno are our best 2 attacking players but some weird reason ETH never hesitates to play them off position

Rashford needs to play from the left. He’s useless as a centre forward. The trouble is I think he’s our first choice there this season. Hojlund will be eased in and will probably start a lot of games from the bench. Terrible planning from ETH and the DOF.

What exactly are you expecting him to say? He is never going to tell you midfield was shite because he is the one that set them up to play like that.
I expect him not to lie. He doesnt need to get in to details. He could have just said something like: "Well, I had an idea how to play but it didnt work out, we will work on it".
Its not a sign of weakness to acknowledge you've made a mistake, its a sign you are wise and have your wits about you.

Rashford needs to play from the left. He’s useless as a centre forward. The trouble is I think he’s our first choice there this season. Hojlund will be eased in and will probably start a lot of games from the bench. Terrible planning from ETH and the DOF.

I put this on Murtough. His sole job is ensuring we have a playing squad to fit the goals of the club.

Whilst he can't guarantee every signing will work, to leave Manchester United depending on a single unproven 20 year old as our sole striker, and not having a solid number 8 in the squad at all whilst rubber stamping the Mount deal is absolute negligence.

I refuse to believe the manager only wants one striker and was happy to let Fred go without a replacement.

That was a sackable performance

I thought the same after the Liverpool humiliation last season but he survived that. I think only missing out on a CL place will see him removed.

I think that's the wrong of way of looking at, we keep deluding ourselves with how it's a process and it takes time etc but no true club with ambition acts like that, case in point is how long it took city and psg dominate their respective leagues and how Chelsea seemingly cleaned house in 3 transfer windows.

And as irresponsible it was look at how barca reacted last season, no other major club's fan base keeps deluding themselves the way we do I feel.
Very true.

Who would want the managers job at United…just seem 100% stress all the time.

You can’t go 90 minutes poor performance without morons calling for you to be sacked.

Please, no more square pegs in round holes. If we have to go into the market to get another striker, then so be it. If we have to go down to our youth teams to find another promising striker already at the club, on the cusp of breaking through, then so be it. But please, no more playing players out of position. It benefits nobody. All we're doing is shifting the problem, not solving it.

I put this on Murtough. His sole job is ensuring we have a playing squad to fit the goals of the club.

Whilst he can't guarantee every signing will work, to leave Manchester United depending on a single unproven 20 year old as our sole striker, and not having a solid number 8 in the squad at all whilst rubber stamping the Mount deal is absolute negligence.

It’s negligence of the highest order. If our transfer business is finished then so are our hopes for a top 4 finish.

Thought him and the coaches would be desperate as us for a good start to the season after the awful performances that started his tenure here, last August. So disappointed with what we’ve seen the first two games this season.

I’m all for bashing the cnut Glazers, but ETH has been very well backed. To the tune of about £400 million in the last 12 months in fact.

I’m seriously starting to question his tactical ability. We get out played by 90% of the teams we face. We create very little and we score even less.
He gets my full backing but I’m starting to feel that he is out of his depth.

He has been backed but we’ve massively overspent and our recruitment department is still light years behind our competitors.

Having said that I agree clearly there are issues that stem from the manager as well. There are also problems with players that no one seems to be able to solve.

Have to back him to turn it round but I’m not convinced he’ll be here next season based on how competitive other teams look.

Who would want the managers job at United…just seem 100% stress all the time.

You can’t go 90 minutes poor performance without morons calling for you to be sacked.

Which is what happens at any top club, without the ton of excuses given by United fans here for managers being shit.

His style of play isn't anything special at all.

Ange has been at Spurs for 2 games and they play more entertaining Football already.

ETH just benefits from the Ajax/Total Football/Pep understudy reputation.

And his team at Ajax played awesome football. They swarmed all over Madrid etc back in that CL run.

I’m not really sure what is going on so far because we did see games last season that fet like that. Spurs away in the first half when Fred played and the Barca tie in the EL.

It feels like to me that either we just need a goal to go in to get them going a bit or something else is needing to click. Nobody has started the season well and usually that means it’s the tactics/preperation not the players. If it’s one player whose off his game then that’s an individual responsibility.

That was a sackable performance
a sackable performance where we should've easily been leading at half if not for our stars missing sitters??? Never change caf, never change. 2 games into the season might as well just fold the club I guess

I think that's the wrong of way of looking at, we keep deluding ourselves with how it's a process and it takes time etc but no true club with ambition acts like that, case in point is how long it took city and psg dominate their respective leagues and how Chelsea seemingly cleaned house in 3 transfer windows.

Barca sold their future out for short term success. City and Chelsea have a lot more money than we do. Of course it is a process if you operate with stricter finances. Chelsea it remains to be seen how they do now it in 5 years. You can't judge off an immediate season. But if you want to, last year we got 3rd and won a cup and made another final.

Say no more. At 1:40

aab.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.