Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, I'm praying he's good. No way we've spent a lot of money on another shit forward. We can't be that cursed.
According to scouting reports his hold up play is poor. Its something that can be worked on tbf but if we are depending on a 20 year kid to save us we are in big trouble.

That's not the point that's being made. Liverpool weren't good today at home to Bournemouth but they won the game in moments. Loads of games are won in moments. Fans and pundits love to spend hours analysing tactics and systems but most games come down to moments of individual skill, set pieces or refereeing decisions.

If you dominate away from home for 35mins you need to score. We had chances. We had chances to create chances, but the players let ETH down.

Personally the Wolves game was more worrying than this one. Wolves we were bollocks. This game we'd have been 2-0 at HT nine times out of ten
We took our moments last season in this very fixture and ended up bottling it. The mentality is just not right. That's on Ten Hag.

Annoying comment from him and it is blatantly untrue. He will know that.

Even more annoying comment from you. Back the manager, still the best we have had since SAF and he isn't being properly backed.

So you think our squad would look anything like this if the board were capable.
No it won't because this manager will not be allowed to bring this average players just because he happens to have crossed part with them in the past.
He brought in all these players, not a single player signed bar may be Casemiro did not have his rubber stamp

Heh, almost cultlike this. He's not better than Mou and he's spent 400m, on mostly rubbish.

What signing have been rubbish, only Anthony for me... An we only paid that amount of money because the board screwed the negotiation so badly and went back at the end of the window.

Mount is a good player but not what we needed. Surely the point of the director of football is to make sure signings lead to a balanced squad, see Edu at Arsenal.

I'm not saying Ten Hag is faultless, I agree he is stubborn. Persisting on Rashford in the middle I find criminal. But all managers will make decisions fans don't like and for my money, he shouldn't be even considered for replacing.

Serious questions need to be asked if he cannot change the midfield setup quickly and make it balanced and functional. I can accept not winning games due to not enough quality in front of goal but this is not acceptable

What exactly are you expecting him to say? He is never going to tell you midfield was shite because he is the one that set them up to play like that.
he said team was shit many times last season. What changed?
Oh right, he's finally started feeling the pressure of being united manager, just like the other managers before him. When you spend hundred millions and have nothing to show for it, the excuses game begins

Everything is on him.

He's making our midfield look far worse than it is with his setup and making the attack look much worse by not playing Rashford as a LW.

It's nearly sabotage at this point.

Mount will be the fall guy unfortunately but EtH is hanging him and Casemiro out to dry.

Because the eredivisae is a shite league
And he didnt have a significant end product here either. Antony was always going to be a massive gamble even if he did have amazing numbers in our shite league (he really didn't). You paid Ajax' "feck off we won't sell him" price.

Yeah, talking shite is the next step. His time is ticking. Will be glad once gone. Clear that he is either too stubborn or just clueless to change and improve.

Hahahaha!!! Oh wait you’re being serious?

Ole’s ‘style’ was for the team to fumble around for 87mins and then hope that someone, anyone, would have a moment of magic to sneak a 1-0!

All the while he signed players that weren’t worth half of their transfer fees and left us with a toxic dressing room and a squad so devoid of depth and talent that it’ll take years to reset!

Sneak a 1-0? Fair enough, you could just say you only became a fan last season instead of talking rubbish.

Fair few signings made under Ole are more than worth what we paid. So far Erik has missed on Antony and Malacia and the jury is out on whether Mount is worth the money so he has hardly done any better. He has managed to spend almost 400M and failed to address some glaring needs. Like I said, I am not giving up on him yet but he needs to improve soon.

No it won't because this manager will not be allowed to bring this average players just because he happens to have crossed part with them in the past.
He brought in all these players, not a single player signed bar may be Casemiro did not have his rubber stamp

To be fair, most have worked well.

The biggest issue is that he has not managed to get them playing in a cohesive way, on a consistent basis.

Ten Hag talks about control, but his United teams have rarely showed that.

Give him a few months and if it’s still like this cut your losses. Be proactive.

We need to start rectifying things immediately.

1. Announce tonight that MG is not coming back and released from the club.

2. Get mctominay, Maguire, VDB, Williams, Henderson, Bailly out.

3. Play Casemiro with Eriksen v Notts Forest. Drop Garnacho, Antony, Rashford, Shaw.

4. Get in a new CM and striker.

Please for the love of god ETH sort it

I feel the Martinez and Antony transfers were almost a favour to Ajax. £130m on two players, one who looks like a Championship player and the other who now, two games in, looks lost (Martinez).

Teams that win leagues don't play well for half an hour every match and get twatted for the rest of it. It's nowhere near good enough
We are years away from winning a league let’s be realistic . We are aiming to achieve top 4 and finish as high as possible (2nd)

The morons at the top have backed this manager well.
If that makes them morons then he's not the top manager many thought.
No,we haven't and if you think Mount or Hojlund was Ten Hag’s first choice for transfers when we ended last season you're deluded.

We have no money, we are in so much debt FFP has us by the balls, our training facilities are dog shite compared to other top teams and our stadium is falling apart.

I imagine this creates probably one of the most depressing working environments of any top 4 team in any of the top leagues.

We have inexperienced people at the top Murtough and Arnold are not an appointments a top team would ever make BUT yes they are still better than the predecessors. Should tell you just how bad things are.

This club has been a shambles for a long time behind the scenes and until fans like you wake the feck up it will continue to be so.

ETH could walk into a top team anywhere and make a difference and he has, even at United but until the structure of this club is fixed FROM THE TOP it will continue to be the same cycle over and over no later who is in charge.

Fans even after 10 years with SAF gone still don't realise the only option is full on protest until they are gone but it will not happen so nothing will change. Top 4 finish maximum with the odd domestic trophy is the best it's ever going to be.

You can't blame the manager for that, making the best out of a bad situation. If we don't do all we can to give him a platform for success he will fail /rantover

Annoying comment from him and it is blatantly untrue. He will know that.

Even more annoying comment from you. Back the manager, still the best we have had since SAF and he isn't being properly backed.

So you think our squad would look anything like this if the board were capable.
Wait, what? 400 million on players he hand-picked while being allowed to disassemble the expensive squad he inherited. Are you honestly for real?

Some of the revisionism on here about his tenure is fecking hilarious.

Exactly. Who can forget the tactical masterclass that Ole put on when we played...erm... can you help me here so that we can show these revisionists why they're wrong?

He is just feeding them shit. I'm sure he doesn't really believe that. No one will look at this game and think anyone was comfortable.

I've long stopped watching his press conference or post-game interviews. It comes across as nonsense for the most part.

He can say whatever he wants. The fans don't really care. They just want to see more exciting, fluid, attacking football.

Watching Newcastle now taking it to City on their own grounds. Depressing.

they do superbly. jwe could all also ust stop the united bashing. yes we lost but if bruno could score a 100% chance we would have been 1-0 up and the game is in our hand

His style of play isn't anything special at all.

Ange has been at Spurs for 2 games and they play more entertaining Football already.

ETH just benefits from the Ajax/Total Football/Pep understudy reputation.

He didn't solve one thing which will not be solved even with new players. Our mentality when we are goal down is stil utter rubbish.

Exactly. Who can forget the tactical masterclass that Ole put on when we played...erm... can you help me here so that we can show these revisionists why they're wrong?

He was just as shite, if not worse, than all our other shambolic post-Fergie appointments. People need to stop defending failure.

And he didnt have a significant end product here either. Antony was always going to be a massive gamble even if he did have amazing numbers in our shite league (he really didn't). You paid Ajax' "feck off we won't sell him" price.
We should trust you on dutch football matters :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.