Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Persisting with Rashford through the middle. It doesn't work. - Hojlund isn't fit. Martial is a crock. Sancho doesn't work up top.
  • Having no idea what to do in the final third, not a single player seems to have a clue. - We have fit no out and out striker / Goalscorer.
  • Signing Mount whilst letting Fred go making us even more unbalanced in the midfield. - We all wanted Fred to go. Why complain now when he's gone.
  • Leaving the door open a crack for Maguire. -- You literally cannot force a player out the club. What's worse than trying to boot someone out. An unhappy player who stinks up the dressing room and mood around the club. Make him feel part of the team. Terrible man management to say you're not playing ever again. He's a first team player for christ sakes. The CAF's love affair of sticking them in the reserves for a year, literally never happens.
  • Persisting with Anthony every game. - Who else do you suggest we play on the right? An inconsistent Sancho or a not ready Pellistri?

Ok I'll bite and add my counter points as I pretty much disagree everything you commented. Fundamentally I feel it just demonstrates a massive drop in acceptable standards of the club, something the current regime at the club thrive on.

• Persisting with Rashford through the middle. It doesn't work. - Hojlund isn't fit. Martial is a crock. Sancho doesn't work up top. The club shouldn't be pinning all hope on a 20 year old who hasn't played in the league before. Martial shouldn't even be considered a dependable player in the squad, he is in a similar space as Phil Jones was at this point. The club is negligent in this department, accepting Rashford through the middle shouldn't be an option when we let Ronaldo go last November and have had two windows to sort it! 18 months ago we had Ronaldo and Cavani!

• Having no idea what to do in the final third, not a single player seems to have a clue. - We have fit no out and out striker / Goalscorer. Not a question of being fit, we are under stocked in that area of the squad and have failed to address properly in two windows. Bringing in a single 20 year the summer isn't enough or acceptable.

• Signing Mount whilst letting Fred go making us even more unbalanced in the midfield. - We all wanted Fred to go. Why complain now when he's gone. who is "we all", most on here would rather have seen Mctominay go over Fred and certainly Fred shouldn't have been sold without signing a box to box midfielder.

• Leaving the door open a crack for Maguire. -- You literally cannot force a player out the club. What's worse than trying to boot someone out. An unhappy player who stinks up the dressing room and mood around the club. Make him feel part of the team. Terrible man management to say you're not playing ever again. He's a first team player for christ sakes. The CAF's love affair of sticking them in the reserves for a year, literally never happens. Ccompletely disagree, he has been an awful player for the club for two years now, both on the field and in terms of mentality, media briefing. Put him in the reserves and separate him from the first team similar to what Arsenal did with Auba, he wants to play in the euros and would 100% leave if he knew he wasn't going to get a minute of football for the next two years. We didn't even have him in the squad today, so get rid.

• Persisting with Anthony every game. - Who else do you suggest we play on the right? An inconsistent Sancho or a not ready Pellistri? Anthony has had a season being first choice and the opening first two games of this season. He can't do two things consecutively right. If he (rarely) beats a man, he can't then find a cross. At this point I would absolutely give Sancho or Pellestri and run of three or so games on that side to see what they offer. Pellestri looks no worse than Anthony when he comes on and he will never be ready if not given chances.

he worked wonders last year. to get out of the mess ragnick left was top and we won a trophy and played an fa cup final against the best team around at the time. now we are 2 games in a season where our biggest problem from last season isnt solved right now - we have no fit striker. in my eyes we were rosty against wolves, a good pressing team, that will be more successfull then many think. today we should have led 1-0 at ht at least and it would have been another game. yes, i am also pissed that we cant score goals that have to be scored on this level but i think we will have a good season and will progress again. sadly thats not enough with the likes of city around.

But football is a game of moments. If you miss absolute sitters and give goals away from nothing then it's pointless arguing about 4-2-3-1 vs 4-1-4-1

The big worry imo is the 2nd half performance. We were completely outplayed. We were barely in the game. The result may have been different if we took our sitters, but our 2nd half performance at 0-0 and 1-0 were as bad as what we saw last weekend.

ETH having to try and force Maguire and mctominay out before the end of the window to try and raise funds for the midfielder that he should have spent the 60m mount money on is his biggest mistake so far which is saying something considering he spent 80m on Antony. Really starting to lose confidence in him

He has made horrible judgements in signing Antony and Mount. These two signings cripple us. We can't sign the actual players we need. Mount is new, but I can't stand watching Antony. The guy is awful and starts every game he's fit. It's a joke.

We also need to get Rashford away from #9. He can't play it and we're stifling our best attacking threat. Just put Sancho there if Martial isn't fit enough.
Just wait to see how Hojlund turns out yet, could be another one.

I dunno why Anthony and Garnacho do this. It often appears a simple pass inside or down the wing for the overlap is on and they just hang on to it and inevitably the move breaks down. Are they instructed to do this or do they not have the ability of a simple pass?

Anthony is the odd one. At Ajax he looked quick and had more end product in terms of beating a man. At United he looks terrible.

Although early days and things can look up and I hope so, there is a sense of something going on behind the scenes, something not right! But also on the football, there doesn’t appear to be any structure or style to this team, that is my biggest worry

Our best hope to get rid of some his shit signings is if Al-Hilal or someone comes in for him, and he goes there and starts demanding his ex-players as well. This time from us.

I think Pep would immediately get rid of every player he didn’t like and would spend a colossal sum assembling his perfect team. Fine by me. Let’s try and get him.
I though recently that it is funny that for all his spending Guardiola only once spent more on a player than EtH spend on Antony (Grealish), and that was 5 years after taking charge and multiple titles won.

I don't think he's been given the signings he needs but that doesn't excuse his inability to change games with his subs or tactics. Really poor.

We are not miles off, we've got evidence. It's copium to say it's the players

Of course we're miles off, people just need to stop wanting to rip it up again so quickly.

This isn't Moyes or Ole where we knew they were never good enough, or toxic Jose, this is a manager it worth giving some proper time to, more so given what he started with, and what has gone on at the club since he came in.

Pretty sure Potch could of had us playing some slick, cohesive football by now.

He has to go

Annoying comment from him and it is blatantly untrue. He will know that.

Even more annoying comment from you. Back the manager, still the best we have had since SAF and he isn't being properly backed.

So you think our squad would look anything like this if the board were capable.

People always do this thing where they defend the obvious. He’s proving he doesn’t value midfield.

Annoying comment from him and it is blatantly untrue. He will know that.

Even more annoying comment from you. Back the manager, still the best we have had since SAF and he isn't being properly backed.

So you think our squad would look anything like this if the board were capable.
How can you back soneone delusionally stubborn? It's LVG all over again.

At least Ole’s teams had a style of play and we scored lots of goals. Erik is boring the crap out of me and shows zero in game management skills. I am not out yet but he needs to show some progress and quickly, he has wasted a lot of money already and I would take any Ole signing over Antony.

Hahahaha!!! Oh wait you’re being serious?

Ole’s ‘style’ was for the team to fumble around for 87mins and then hope that someone, anyone, would have a moment of magic to sneak a 1-0!

All the while he signed players that weren’t worth half of their transfer fees and left us with a toxic dressing room and a squad so devoid of depth and talent that it’ll take years to reset!

He has created a bit of a problem for himself with the midfield. You cant bench bruno because he is now the captain, newly appointed. You cant bench Mount as it undermines you as a manager after spending big on him just this summer. Casemiro is untouchable because he is the only player who can play his role. My fear is with this midfield we will see results like this more often and we cant change it. Even if we wanted to we dont have the options in the squad to make it better.

What exactly are you expecting him to say? He is never going to tell you midfield was shite because he is the one that set them up to play like that.
He should be honest. If they played shit he should say it. Ferguson once had a go at Aberdeen players on camera after they'd just won a trophy. It's called setting standards

Playing Garnacho and Antony is to naive. Pair that with a grumpy Bruno and a Mount who is clueless regarding his position this far. Then a Casimero who doesn’t look like we got used to last season. And as a cherry on top a Rashford who can’t play as number nine.

I really think ETH wants to play different but the players aren’t there.Sooner or later the public opinion will turn and he will seem like a naive manager who only buy his own players etc.

Really really hope Hojlund is what we hope and that we could get a central ball carrier before the deadline.

I fully expect redcafe to change its code so that if I type two certain words, the phrase 'Erik Ten Hag is my Idol' appears.

What exactly are you expecting him to say? He is never going to tell you midfield was shite because he is the one that set them up to play like that.
He can say we weren't good enough and we will improve and make changes. There, I've done his talk for him. No need for nonsense

Hahahaha!!! Oh wait you’re being serious?

Ole’s ‘style’ was for the team to fumble around for 87mins and then hope that someone, anyone, would have a moment of magic to sneak a 1-0!

All the while he signed players that weren’t worth half of their transfer fees and left us with a toxic dressing room and a squad so devoid of depth and talent that it’ll take years to reset!

Some of the revisionism on here about his tenure is fecking hilarious.

"Midfield played well" that is true but not ours. Takes far too long to change things when its not going well, bad decision to play the same team as against Wolves. Gone backwards as regards teamwork and passing.

Heh, almost cultlike this. He's not better than Mou and he's spent 400m, on mostly rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.