De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to the day he signs for us and hopefully very soon. Brilliant player, a top established name and he’s a vocal leader at the back

For Bayern to accept anything under 50m Eur would be extremely weird given 1) he's been quite good since he signed 2) he doesn't even want to leave and 3) he still has plenty of time on his contract

This will be one of the strangest transfers of the season if it goes through and a massive coup for us.

For Bayern to accept anything under 50m Eur would be extremely weird given 1) he's been quite good since he signed 2) he doesn't even want to leave and 3) he still has plenty of time on his contract

This will be one of the strangest transfers of the season if it goes through and a massive coup for us.
He sounds more than willing to leave to be fair.

Bayern paid Juve £56 million plus add ons, paid in 5 yearly instalments. This was two years ago, and so they have £33 million left to pay Juve, his stock is lower than it was leaving Juve, and so I don’t really know why they would think they could demand any profit from the sale.

Would also be interesting to know how the wages factor into this. We’re always told the transfer fees we receive are smaller than other clubs because of high wages. I’m assuming Ineos won’t be wanting to pay him £250k a week.

They bought him for €67m + 10m, and are demanding €50m + ?. They're not getting a profit.

They bought him for €67m + 10m, and are demanding €50m + ?. They're not getting a profit.
They bought him for €67m and gave him a 5 year contract (I am not aware of any add-ons). Therefore, he still has a value of €40.2m in Bayern's books.

https://www.capology.com/club/bayern-munich/salaries/

Their salary is so high..maybe it is a reason to get rid a non starter with high salary

They bought him for €67m and gave him a 5 year contract (I am not aware of any add-ons). Therefore, he still has a value of €40.2m in Bayern's books.

Yes, because the rest is already registered as a loss. Any sale over 40 is a profit in a bookkeeping sense, it doesn't mean they made a profit on the deal itself. It you sell something for less than you bought it for you're not profiting.

Say they bought for 67, sell for 50, and he has a book value of 40. That's a loss of 17, but since they've already registered a loss of 27 they adjust upward by 10.

Just to add to the Lindelof/Maguire debate, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but Maguire with being a more assertive defender than Lindelof wouldn't it make him more preferable as an option for a higher defensive line?

I know the main counter argument will always be 'but what if the defense get's turned with balls over the top, he's go no recovery pace' but isn't the point of an aggressive high line to use assertive defenders to step in & cut of lines to play these balls through? Remember we've got Onana who should theoretically be situating himself higher up the pitch acting as a sweeper.

Whilst Maguire is not ideal, given a choice between the two, Lindelof's passive defensive nature would make him less of a desirable option for that kind of tactic.

Yes, because the rest is already registered as a loss. Any sale over 40 is a profit in a bookkeeping sense, it doesn't mean they made a profit on the deal itself. It you sell something for less than you bought it for you're not profiting.

Say they bought for 67, sell for 50, and he has a book value of 40. That's a loss of 17, but since they've already registered a loss of 27 they adjust upward by 10.
Well, yes (I work in finance. I am aware of this. ;)).
If we are being strict about the bolded: you got some usage out of "it", which is the reason for ammortisation to begin with.

There is probably a middle ground to reach in the negotiation here to make sure both sides can walk away with a win.

Somewhere around 35-37 million plus add ons would be good

I think 50m eur happens but it will need to be compromised on structure

Is it weird that i want this guy more than Yoro whom we already signed? I understand the latter is a generational talent but there’s just something about De Ligt that screams he’s going to be a proper United player

Bayern paid Juve £56 million plus add ons, paid in 5 yearly instalments. This was two years ago, and so they have £33 million left to pay Juve, his stock is lower than it was leaving Juve, and so I don’t really know why they would think they could demand any profit from the sale.

Would also be interesting to know how the wages factor into this. We’re always told the transfer fees we receive are smaller than other clubs because of high wages. I’m assuming Ineos won’t be wanting to pay him £250k a week.
Yeah not sure how much stock we can put on it but I’m sure there were links provided in this thread saying MDL only wants to join us and he’d be willing to take a lower salary (£220k pw being the figure I seem to recall). But yeah, I think the £35-£40m price already factors in a big discount for someone of his quality. IMO anyway.

I had heard the wages have been agreed already at £170k per week. He is taking quite a big salary drop to come here!

Salary. It's the same problem we'll have with selling Sancho and/or Rashford were a deal ever to happen.

@NotThatSoph From what I’ve seen, the fee was spread out in five instalments, and so they would have already paid two of them, leaving about €40 million.

United have offered around €37 million by the sounds of it. Given his injury record, I’d say just about recouping the money is about all Bayern can ask for. It’s good negotiating by United.

I had heard the wages have been agreed already at £170k per week. He is taking quite a big salary drop to come here!
I would be surprised if he just agrees to drops £80k per week to play for a non champions league club. Maybe we’ll pay £170k this season with a promise of it going up by 25% next season if we qualify again, like the other player contracts.

@NotThatSoph From what I’ve seen, the fee was spread out in five instalments, and so they would have already paid two of them, leaving about €40 million.

United have offered around €37 million by the sounds of it. Given his injury record, I’d say just about recouping the money is about all Bayern can ask for. It’s good negotiating by United.

I tried finding info on that, but couldn't. However, the payment plan is irrelevant, any outstanding payments is just debt.

If you sell your car for less than you bought it for, but more than you owe on your car loan, you haven't made a profit.

I don’t mind the stance on the fee.

If the player has decided he wants to come here and Bayern have decided he is dispensable, a good compromise will come.

Although this would be a very good signing. I think we should be prioritising DM and CM first

They really want Tah.

I don't know enough about Tah to know if he is upgrade on de ligt.

Also paying a bit extra to secure Yoro probably impacted the package for De Ligt...United are working on a budget too.

Has anyone cried because we haven’t just paid what they are asking yet because £30m is a silly offer?
We offered 29M pounds, they want 42. Hopefully it gets done for 35 + possible add-ons.
I actually love the fact we're trying to lowball.

Seems like we're trying to undo our reputation as mugs who allow ourselves to be fleeced. Hopefully the days are over where clubs see us desperate pushovers in the transfer market who cave in to their inflated demands.

Hoping we're taking the same approach with our outgoings. No more silly transfer fees or subsidised loans for our players either.
I reckon we end up paying what they want. Like the Yoro fee, I predict the number going up and up. Bayern are not selling for £30m.
You just need to be patient, and you'll get him for 30m easily.

Bayern wants to freshen up their attack. They are in talks with Xavi Simons and Doué and Hoeness made it clear that no more players will come if nobody leaves, also for reason of squad size and wages.

There are no other serious conversations happening right now for any exits.

On top of that, we already bought Ito. Yes, he can play as left back as well, but it looks like Davies will now also run out his contract so it would mean potentially three players for that position as well.

It looks absolutely disastrous right now. We have now Kimmich, Boey, Stanisic, (Leimer) Upamecano, Dier, Kim, De Ligt, Ito, Davies, Guerreiro, Mazraoui for four positions.

That's 12 players and they still want to get Tah in! And most of these players won't be happy to sit on the bench.

Absolutely insane. Obviously as a Bayern fan I'll happily take the 40m, but our negotiation position is really not the best here.

Reactions: Solius
We're still lowballing Bayern for this one :D.

One thing I don't understand about this transfer is who would be starter at RCB? I bet we promised Yoro that status, and De Ligt would want it as well.
Unwanted players on high wages. United knows about this issue. Bayern simply joined them in their strugles. :lol:

I tried finding info on that, but couldn't. However, the payment plan is irrelevant, any outstanding payments is just debt.

If you sell your car for less than you bought it for, but more than you owe on your car loan, you haven't made a profit.
I’m not claiming they’ve made a profit on the original transfer fee. It’s a profit in the way that financial fair play is currently being regulated by UEFA. Because he’s been at Bayern for two years, his value in accounting terms is no longer €56 million.

Anyway, it’s a first offer, I doubt United are expecting it to be accepted, like with Braithwaite. There’s very few teams that can offer €40 million and his current wage package, as well as the worldwide exposure that we can. United finally seem to realised that they can utilise this if they have multiple targets and are prepared to walk away.

It's quite rightly a book-keeping profit of 10M given you have amortised 17 for the benefit of using the asset over two years and then someone comes along offering more than your remaining valuation of the asset.

Either way, I couldn't care less, he is 24 so I would happily pay a premium for 24-29 over 22-24 on a defender unless they are damaged goods. Anywhere in the range between our offer and their counter-offer seems like good value to me.

We should offer them Antony on loan with obligation to buy to make up the difference. Or they can have their pick of Maguire, Lindelof, Casemiro or Scott. Lots of options here Bayern. Uli knows there’s a great deal to be had here like with Dier last season !

Status
Not open for further replies.